The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

"
"
Mathil wrote:
"
How are you dealing with high damage physical spells without coil?

Such as?

Map weaver, evangelists, EK exiles, physical tier 2 beyonder.

I can't speak about the beyond mobs but the rest is never a problem for me. Everything just gets crit/killed immediately and if it isn't CWDT immortal call buys me enough time to destroy it. Evangelists is the same strategy as always, charge in and blow em up inside their shields before they do anything and bob in/out if you don't instantly kill em.

Every other single target thing is just too weak and dies to puncture or tornado at great range if you choose to play at safer distances. Otherwise as I said, it dies pretty fast if you just focus it.

Cloudscraper, I started off with WED because that's what was giving me greatest dps. Once I achieved high enough crit AND my crit damage hit lvl 20 so I could flip it to a 20q, it became better than WED. Even without PCoC.

If you want to run PCoC as your 5th link, just try it out and see the dps differences or if it's worth doing. All the gems are pretty close together in terms of the dps they offer you so it'll depend on where you are with your gearing stage.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
I need opinions. I had a level 80 ranger waiting for a much needed respec after a "failed" build pre-1.2, so I went for this build. I had this bow (see below) and since I'm kinda broke I can't simply jump on poexyz and buy a godmode harbinger:

~300 dps, pretty decent, but obviously not a crit bow. My question is if it's worth it for me to vendor-master-craft a harbinger, which I'm assuming will hit ~170 dps and the basic ~7% crit chance. Would that actually be an upgrade?
"
Ark20 wrote:
I need opinions. I had a level 80 ranger waiting for a much needed respec after a "failed" build pre-1.2, so I went for this build. I had this bow (see below) and since I'm kinda broke I can't simply jump on poexyz and buy a godmode harbinger:

~300 dps, pretty decent, but obviously not a crit bow. My question is if it's worth it for me to vendor-master-craft a harbinger, which I'm assuming will hit ~170 dps and the basic ~7% crit chance. Would that actually be an upgrade?

get ilevel 77 harbinger and you can make better with 5-8c of alts and regals
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Ark20 wrote:

Holy crap I won the RNG tonight:

Random ilvl 72 I found, rustic sash recipe'd for lulz. Augmented 8% attack speed for more lulz. Regaled flat fis for even more lulz. And turns out it also rolled max implicit after vendoring.

I still will need some help though, I have a lv5 Tora (far from 6). I can craft 22-27 crit chance, 22-27 crit mult or 30-39% phys dmg (accuracy hybrid). Which one should I take, if any?

Oh boy I'm happy.
Last edited by Ark20 on Sep 12, 2014, 9:39:01 PM
"
Ark20 wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Ark20 wrote:

Holy crap I won the RNG tonight:

Random ilvl 72 I found, rustic sash recipe'd for lulz. Augmented 8% attack speed for more lulz. Regaled flat fis for even more lulz. And turns out it also rolled max implicit after vendoring.

I still will need some help though, I have a lv5 Tora (far from 6). I can craft 22-27 crit chance, 22-27 crit mult or 30-39% phys dmg (accuracy hybrid). Which one should I take, if any?

Oh boy I'm happy.

crit chance, your dps will sky rocket, try yolo exalt it before hand just incase you end up with a better role and can craft something else with tora, or vise versa
"
Kendo_PoE wrote:

I was so sure that was a hybrid dmg mod, so I could craft another phys over it, but no :/
to make things worse, low crit roll. Sigh...

Cost me 1 ex :/

If you load your equipment into poebuilder, it will tell you what mods (and their names) you have so you never have to guess again.
Tri Curse Freezing Ball Lightning Witch - view-thread/1483161
-------------------------------------------------------
General Martinus' Spoils of War - view-thread/419523
-------------------------------------------------------
Proud Alpha Tester, helping shape the world of Wraeclast
This build can play as Shadow class? Because i have a high level shadow ,the skill tree was reseted , and i lazy recreate and level again . :D
What about romiras banquet and trading assasins mark for a different curse
"
Mathil wrote:

I can't speak about the beyond mobs but the rest is never a problem for me. Everything just gets crit/killed immediately and if it isn't CWDT immortal call buys me enough time to destroy it. Evangelists is the same strategy as always, charge in and blow em up inside their shields before they do anything and bob in/out if you don't instantly kill em.

Every other single target thing is just too weak and dies to puncture or tornado at great range if you choose to play at safer distances. Otherwise as I said, it dies pretty fast if you just focus it.

Phys t2 beyonder (Naem) does some kind of orange spears nova, looks similar to first rampage effect. It does around 4k damage to 0 armour characters in 77 map.
On my previous character(ice spear witch) I just kept totem between me and him, so it absorbed projectiles fired at me. Not quite sure if it is viable strategy on bow character, since cast speed will be way lower.
Loving the build so fare at 85.

Been thinking about getting abit more dps my puncture was at 30k ish Tornado was at 11k ish, had semi decent bow noting fancy.

Then i picked up a white Decimate bow, was thinking i would try just 10 chaos on it.

After 4 Chaos this rolled

30 Jewellers 10 fusings and 26crit multi from master later, my puncture is at 47k (52k with 3charges) Tornado is at 18k with crit multi gem / gmp.

Im a happy camper now :)))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info