NERF freakin daggers

Seriously almost every top melee dps builds are unanimously based on dagger crit build
80%+ crit chances and 800+ crit multipliers
some builds go 90%+ chances with 1000+ crit multipliers,

WHICH HIT OVER A MILLION DPS
Do you think this is in sanity?

Now a dagger is the MOST powerful weapon in the game MUCH more than a twohanded axe
Its not weapon dps but its freakin double crit rate 9.6% versus 5%
which makes its actual dps FAR superior to a twohanded axes
Also there are TOO MANY FREAKIN dagger's CRIT NODES as well
Simply you can hit 80% crit on daggers while you can hit only 40% crit rate on twohanded weapons
which makes huuuuuuugggggeeee dps gaps
BESIDES a dagger can take shield or dual wield benefits as well while twohanded nothin

559 dps with 80% chances of 800x multiplier PLUS SHIELD or dual benefits
VS
895 dps with 40% chances of 800x multiplier plus NO benefits at all

This is hilarious
GGG do you seriously think a dagger should be the top dps weapon
MUCH superior to a twohanded axe?

My suggestion is nerf dagger's crit rate to max 6% to 7%
and make all twohanded weapon crit rate to similar level of daggers or more
Or restricting critical cap would be good idea as well
critical chance cap at 50% and multiplier 500%

NERF THIS FREAKIN DAGGERS

---------------------------------------------

Addition

"
LSN wrote:
"
GodKas wrote:
"
k4n3 wrote:

having just a 310 pdps dagger i could reach 60-70k dps in comparison to my mirror 2-h mace (818 pdps) marauder who maxed at about 25k in groundslam and 40k in heavy strike

so, anyone who claims that daggers are fine as they are, is either an idiot, or completely clueless about game balance and simple math, or does prefer the current status b/c he fears that his RMTed gear will lose value if the nerf/change hits his OP build.

This is harsh truth of poe

Let me add a new truth of PoE...

"
amksoljanka wrote:

How much will it cost to craft this? 10 ex? 20 ex? 30 ex?
It doesn't matter in detail that much. It is comparably cheap.
This weapon built in its respective builds is giving better results than
any mirrored 1h sword, 1h axe, 1h mace,
or any 2h weapons can get in their comparable respective builds.
Last edited by GodKas on Sep 22, 2014, 1:39:47 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
GodKas wrote:
seriously almost every top melee dps builds are unanimously based on dagger crit build
80%+ crit chances and 700+ crit multipliers

now a dagger is the MOST powerful weapon in the game EVEN more than twohanded axes
its not weapon dps but its freakin double crit rate 9.6% versus 5%
which makes its actual dps far superior to the twohanded axes
simply you can hit 80% crit on daggers while you can hit only 40% crit rate on twohanded weapons
which makes huuuuuuugggggeeee dps gaps

this is hilarious
GGG do you seriously think a dagger should be the top dps weapon even superior to the twohanded axe?

my suggestion is nerf dagger's crit rate to max 6% or 7%
and make all twohanded weapon crit rate to similar level of daggers or more

NERF THIS FREAKIN DAGGERS

NERF NERF everywhere... what about buff to shit skill gems/weapons/whatever instead of NERFING everything and pissing people off ?
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
Omg nerf everything zomgbbq pls GGG
"
GodKas wrote:
...and make all twohanded weapon crit rate to similar level of daggers or more

So you basically want 2h axes to be the best instead of daggers ? :)
Last edited by Extrema on Aug 29, 2014, 5:46:28 AM
instead of throwing around that freaking nerf hammer how about BUFF the rest of those weapons so they are more in league with these OP daggers.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
"
Extrema wrote:
"
GodKas wrote:
...and make all twohanded weapon crit rate to similar level of daggers or more

So you basically want 2h axes to be the best instead of daggers ? :)

course its 2handed weapon without shield nor dual-wield benefits
shouldnt it be right for twohanded axe to be the top dps instead a dagger?
Last edited by GodKas on Aug 29, 2014, 5:53:44 AM
"
PaladinSMD wrote:
instead of throwing around that freaking nerf hammer how about BUFF the rest of those weapons so they are more in league with these OP daggers.

yeah that will work as well
you know, nerfing daggers wont improve other weapons, it will just make daggers not as good..

its more constructive to come up with suggestions about how to improve the weak items, rather than yell to generally nerf random stuff.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
The state of balance with daggers leaving all other melee weapons behind by far and people defending the position of them (for whatever reason) is a ridiculous one.

I don't know if you have played together with a 400k reave dagger build in a group or not yet. If you had you would know that such dagger builds deal with the highest content in the game faster than you can say "one".

The question is if you want to enable all weapons to create these 400k+ reave dagger builds and the likes or not.
The anser imo is easy: This build (as an example) would be even way overpowered for the existing content in the game with only 150k dps instead of 420k.

Obviously this leaves us only with the option to mainly nerf daggers because they are way too strong and completely out of bounds.

Buffing all melee weapons to this kind of level would simply make everyone feel like dagger elitist (I mirrored a dagger instead of a 2 hand axe you moron and therefore I am better and more intelligent than you and deserve to keep this status). Unfortunately there is no content in the game that requires such high dps at all. If you one hit 78 map bosses or one hit them makes no difference. If you 3 hit or 5 hit them barely does.

I played with a 350k flicker strike dagger recently. I was sure he is playing most of the time alone as the other friend in the group with us was as well walking behind him exclusivly like me. The flicker guy was 1hitting just everything and we were walking behind and watching. Yes lets make all kind of weapons like this please.

What I want to say with this: It is very clear that in the whole picture daggers are way too strong and other weapons maybe only slightly to weak and not the opposite.
Last edited by LSN on Aug 29, 2014, 6:59:20 AM
"

Why? A well placed dagger thrust can match any two handed attack. So no, not "right".

It should come down to the skill of the wielder, and the defence it faces. I mean, not that any of it makes a lick of sense anyway. PoE is not balanced around what is " right".

I do think 2h nodes need a universal buff. The potential for flat damage should be significantly higher than with smaller, precision based weapons.

But like I said, none of it is sensible. None. Don't argue balance around logic or real world precedents. That way lies madness.

Yeah maybe but no dagger can slce a man (or monster) in two. It won't break bones or shatter skulls. When a 2handed weapon crits, it should really deal damage. Currently its really pathetic. Add a 2% chance to halve the targets HP on crit or something. Make them feel powerful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info