Masters remove crafted mod

"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

I've read your posts and I think you are wrong. If you eternal exalt, you have the time to level up the masters anyway. Or you can use services, but having to ask for a service feels awful for no good reason, and it screws people that like to play self found.

If people are not eternal exalting, then you haven't written any good reason to restrict the option. Or I didn't understand if you gave a reason.

Even if the remove mod option becomes level 8, someone will have to grind to obtain the meta mods and corrupted socked crafting.

I bet you wouldn't ask for a service that requires high level equipment and eternals.

Sorry, I don't think you've experience enough of the high-end. You seriously underestimate how much dirt people in standard treat eternals and exalts. I could throw away a couple hundred and not feel anything, axn wasted 5000 earlier to nothing.

You don't understand how powerful this is at all. Items that used to take 5000+ exalts to craft can be now done in less than a third of that.

This is 100% geared towards high-end crafting and the ultimate crafting tool must be gated. The end.

This mod shouldn't be level 8. Your argument that abusers can access it is invalid because people like AXN have easy access to this mod anyways. People had level 8 in a week, and I've been leeching the Elreon metamod off a bud for weeks now in Beyond. There is relatively easy access to this mod for anyone who is "experienced enough" in the high-end.

This mod should be lower level, because the people who abuse it already abuse it and it is pointless to restrict it to level 8 when the only people affected are the people who want to swap resists and shit.

Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Sep 28, 2014, 6:39:54 PM
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
This mod shouldn't be level 8. Your argument that abusers can access it is invalid because people like AXN have easy access to this mod anyways. People had level 8 in a week, and I've been leeching the Elreon metamod off a bud for weeks now in Beyond. There is relatively easy access to this mod for anyone who is "experienced enough" in the high-end.

This mod should be lower level, because the people who abuse it already abuse it and it is pointless to restrict it to level 8 when the only people affected are the people who want to swap resists and shit.

The basis of your argument is you can leech mods off other people.

Then tell other people to go leech the remove mod.

In your world, all restrictions are pointless. That is not how you balance a game or make it seem balanced.

"Swapping resists and shit" is completely fine. I've even suggested that "remove level 5 or under mods" is available immediately.

The high level removal is completely out of the question because of afore-mentioned crafting uses. GGG aren't retarded. This is exactly why it was gated.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 28, 2014, 6:48:50 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

I've read your posts and I think you are wrong. If you eternal exalt, you have the time to level up the masters anyway. Or you can use services, but having to ask for a service feels awful for no good reason, and it screws people that like to play self found.

If people are not eternal exalting, then you haven't written any good reason to restrict the option. Or I didn't understand if you gave a reason.

Even if the remove mod option becomes level 8, someone will have to grind to obtain the meta mods and corrupted socked crafting.

I bet you wouldn't ask for a service that requires high level equipment and eternals.

Sorry, I don't think you've experience enough of the high-end. You seriously underestimate how much dirt people in standard treat eternals and exalts. I could throw away a couple hundred and not feel anything, axn wasted 5000 earlier to nothing.

You don't understand how powerful this is at all. Items that used to take 5000+ exalts to craft can be now done in less than a third of that.

This is 100% geared towards high-end crafting and the ultimate crafting tool must be gated. The end.

So...how many people do actually eternal exalt in standard? 20? 50? 100?

Even with all this, your reasoning is truly weak. This mod has many uses beyond the high end crafting, and you are asking to be this way for reasons that are silly. Your level 5 option is somewhat redundant. Even if you limited to the removal of level 7 options doesn't seem right. Let's gate the removal of the return projectile mod, that costs one divine, or the flat energy shield increase, because that's gamebreaking! <- what I read from your posts.

It's stupid to balance the game around the eternal-exalt crowd (well, pack, you can't be so much people, even in standard) when you are walking game breakers, >_>
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Sep 28, 2014, 7:33:48 PM
If the 'game breaking' mods appear on level 8, make a "remove below 7" option then, as this is where the majority of people will end up with their masters.

You could do horrible things like make the 'game breaking' mods bind on account, however I am not an advocate for BOA. I still think removing lower level mods would be a good thing, with only advantages.

Some good points though Chunda that I never thought of to be honest
"
l33tsmurf wrote:
If the 'game breaking' mods appear on level 8, make a "remove below 7" option then, as this is where the majority of people will end up with their masters.

You could do horrible things like make the 'game breaking' mods bind on account, however I am not an advocate for BOA. I still think removing lower level mods would be a good thing, with only advantages.

Some good points though Chunda that I never thought of to be honest

Ehhmmm...having an option to remove all the mods below level 7 and unlocking an option for level 8 at level 8 is equivalent to having a option to removing the mod at any level...

And no one will use the meta mods if they can't be removed later (are they affixes?) so making it only until level 7 it's not an option.

And the points Chunda made are non-issues.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Sep 29, 2014, 12:05:52 AM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Ehhmmm...having an option to remove all the mods below level 7 and unlocking an option for level 8 at level 8 is equivalent to having a option to removing the mod at any level...

No it isn't which shows how much you know about this.

"
NeroNoah wrote:

It's boring talking to a stone wall and even more pointless arguing with it.

If this can't go into your head, then just accept it without being stubborn.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 29, 2014, 2:59:00 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Yes for casual players, it makes sense to have it lower but the power of this mod is pretty insane when it comes to high-level crafting so do not underestimate it as "switching res".

Well, the problem is, if the mod is pretty insane, why does it exist in first place?

With trading, every person except those people who will not trade has access to this mod. Making it level 8 doesn't stop the insanity. How do you have abused the mod? How have you seen other people abuse it? Is it a mere divining of lower tier mods that insane?

I can't wrap my mind around the idea, but you could be right.

Many ways mate ->

A. Crafting mirror-worthy item, the bracket 5-20% may as well not exist - no need to spend 100s of divines trying to get the perfect when you can just remove and repeat.

B. Adding Haku/Tora affixes - "suffixes/prefixes cannot be changed" allowing for perfect divining of affixes allowing you to divine prefixes and suffixes separately and interchangeably.

C. Allowing you to block an affix pool and remove the mod later. This can often save you 50% of potential eternals.

D. For difficult to roll bases, the mod "cannot roll caster/attack mods" can be added saving you 50% of potential eternals and then later removed.

Basically, this single mod allows far greater fine-tuning on items than ever before - 6T1s were divined to 5 100% perfect mods. It is absolutely insane and a very fine reward for level 8, people need to realise this.

And tbh, even with trading are you comfortable with handing your 500 exalt item to someone else to remove a mod? Hmmmmmmm...

B-D require a level 8 master anyway, while A sounds like an argument for the Remove Affix mod to be more expensive, not a reason for it to be level 8. Someone with enough currency to roll a mirror-worthy item should have no problem at all getting a master to level 8, or at least finding someone else who has one.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

No it isn't which shows how much you know about this.

"
NeroNoah wrote:

It's boring talking to a stone wall and even more pointless arguing with it.

If this can't go into your head, then just accept it without being stubborn.

The only difference is that if the option was the same, someone with a level 7 master could remove a level 8 mod. How big.

If I'm wrong, just correct me with something logical, and not some non sense about eternal exalting. You haven't made a relevant point in this thread.

Get off of your high horse. The game should not be balanced around people like you.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Sep 29, 2014, 10:06:12 AM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
The only difference is that if the option was the same, someone with a level 7 master could remove a level 8 mod. How big.

If I'm wrong, just correct me with something logical, and not some non sense about eternal exalting. You haven't made a relevant point in this thread.

Get off of your high horse. The game should not be balanced around people like you.

Once again you have failed to meet the basic requirement to post - know what you're talking about.

You do not realise you need different level 8s to carry out the crafting process.

You do not realise that level 7 to 8 is more than 50% of the effort.

You completely ignore the high-end, believing that only the 95% matters.

You destroy your own argument, trivializing the requirement as if it was nothing - all the mean time arguing that is punishing.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 29, 2014, 1:15:17 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

"Non-sense about eternal exalting" shows you have zero to contribute to this.

If you want to balance the game ignoring the high-end, please continue.

It shows nothing, by the reasons at least two people (including me) here have detailed.

You have a point that high end shouldn't be ignored, still, changing the remove level won't affect you. Just keep killing Uber Atziri and craft mirror gear as always, a little faster (?). If you were so concerned about high end balancing you would protest against the metamods that speed up the process, not lobby to keep the remove option at level 8. If high end balance is messed, it will affect only a hundred people, and maybe the gear progression for people at high level, and I don't think it will be the end of the world.

Telling me I know nothing and I can't contribute because I'm wrong (you haven't give conclusive proof) and dimissive (you are dimissive too, don't complain) of your opinions only shows your true colors. You won't convince anyone that way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info