Masters remove crafted mod

"
foosis wrote:
Is there an example where a high end player is blocked by mod removal alone in his ability to craft? (binge master mod rerolling without other lvl 8 mods doesn't give you the highest tiers and is clearly weaker than using meta mods)

Yes there is and this is not what I talk about, refer to my earlier post about tora/haku meta mods.

"
foosis wrote:
Having to wait 3-4 more months to improve my master mod tiers (or having to ignore all the lower ones, which I hope you agree is a problem) is weak game design.

I do argue that the particular positioning of mod removal doesn't matter for mirror-level crafting, while you seem to ignore (maybe an imputation on my side, but so far you haven't acknowledged this side) the usefulness for low-lvl and mid-lvl play.

I have never said removing and adding res/stats for level 5 or under was bad. Read two pages back or something where I even suggest it should be like that.

Honestly guys, just ask yourself this ->

Method X allows you to save thousands of exalts on crafts that may otherwise be impossible.

Should Method X be gated as strongly as possible?

"
NeroNoah wrote:
I guess swaping resistances and other stats is not important compared to making life harder for people that have so much orbs.

I'm done with you. God saves us all.

And I'm done with those who lack game knowledge and experience who ignore the fact that I even suggest that you should be able to add and remove low level mods such as resistances.

God save us from the illiterate.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 29, 2014, 3:03:35 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:

And [this will be redacted, n_n] who ignore the fact that I even suggest that you should be able to add and remove low level mods such as resistances.

Resistance are level 7 options, at least with Haku. You proposed a level 5 option. So...ehhhmmm...no, you are still wrong. Bye.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

And [this will be redacted, n_n] who ignore the fact that I even suggest that you should be able to add and remove low level mods such as resistances.

Resistance are level 7 options, at least with Haku. You proposed a level 5 option. So...ehhhmmm...no, you are still wrong. Bye.

Resistance are level 7 options? Stop being anal. Everyone knows when you say resistances, they don't mean level 7 mixed resistances. I doubt you even have level 7 in anything.

The whole point of master-crafting is to make sub tier items, having the removal level at level 7 allows the divining by master crafting removal of the ES% mod which is a tier 1 mod.

Your blend of sarcasm and lack of game knowledge really bugs me.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 29, 2014, 3:02:51 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
I have never said removing and adding res/stats for level 5 or under was bad. Read two pages back or something where I even suggest it should be like that.

You're right, it was an imputation on my side, sorry about that.

"
Chundadragon wrote:

Yes there is and this is not what I talk about, refer to my earlier post about tora/haku meta mods.

I don't see how that aspect of Tora/Haku becomes different if mod removal would require lvl 1, as you still need them on lvl 8. Can you spell it out for me?

"
Chundadragon wrote:

Honestly guys, just ask yourself this ->

Method X allows you to save thousands of exalts on crafts that may otherwise be impossible.

Should Method X be gated as strongly as possible?

Sure, it's a valid conclusion. Only gating mod removal is not contained within X (because not sufficient to perform the method).

"
Chundadragon wrote:
And I'm done with retards who ignore the fact that I even suggest that you should be able to add and remove low level mods such as resistances.

Ignore the bait. I guess it's blowback from the judgmental personal statements ("stone wall" etc.) made by you on page 17.
"
foosis wrote:

"
Chundadragon wrote:

I don't see how that aspect of Tora/Haku becomes different if mod removal would require lvl 1, as you still need them on lvl 8. Can you spell it out for me?

Yeah, removal on rings for e.g. requires Elreon level 8 in addition to Tora/Haku level 8.

It's not a major deal but honestly, for a mirror-level craft - it should all be level 8.
Ok to introduce: english isn't native for me, i don't have many knowledge in english, so sorry for all my spelling mistakes.. i tried my best with somes trad tools. Thanks,
Spoiler
"
Tonnerre wrote:
Ok before start, i would like to stated i have a dreadful handwriting because i don't have many knowledge in english, so sorry for all my spelling mistakes. i tried my best with somes trad tools.

"
LSN wrote:
Seems like everyone is narrowminded.

- removing and replacing mods is a big currency sink and another layer of rng

example: guy wants 15% attack speed on his weapon
now: he rolls 12%
then: he rolls 12%, removes, rolls 14%, removes, rolls 11% removes, rolls 12% removes, rolls 13%, removes, rolls 12%, removes, rolls 13%, removes, rolls 11%, removes, rolls 14%, keeps, comes to forums and creates thread about layers upon layer of rng and how much the game sucks.

From the game designers perspective it is very reasonable to make this available late in order to prevent people from having frustrating events as shown in the little example above (and we all know from using chromatics/fusings/jewellers that it can get way worse than that).

Anyway the relevance is little for low to mid tier items. If your one hand sword got 232 dps or 238 dps wont make a difference. It gets more relevant for high tier items tho.

Removing mods is overrated. As some people have stated, in the course of process you will anyway replace old items with new items: you buy a 280 dps sword instead of that 232-238 dps sword.

Therefore this seems to be a bit stupid to me. None of you wants to waste 40 chaos/alch/whatever on a 10-80 chaos item in order to try to get 2-3% increase on average and noone wants to fail doing so while relying on rng. If you wanna max out your high tier item, you can either as well wait until you got it 8 or pay the guys who made it to level 8 within a week of 24/7 master grinding.

There is really no issue with having this only available with level 8 at all. Just a bunch of ppl believe that it would make their life in PoE better. The opposite would be happening on average instead.

On the other hand I agree that leveling masters to 8 can be a life time task which is the total opposite of what chris mentioned in a pre-patch interview: "wont be an endless grind" or smth like that. If you really just play normally and don't exclusively grind masters then it can easily take 4-6 months to get them to level 8 imo. Maybe it would be best to just increase XP gain from quests.

I think moving the removing crafted mod ability from 8 to 7 is an option tho. It should not be available too early for sure.

Bullshit !

"
LSN wrote:
It is not bad for the economy. Currency sinks are good for the economy.

It is bad for the player instead. Many players don't think that far ahead and when they spend loads of currency on a mediocre item that they gonna replace 1-2 wees later anyway, this does not increase the funfactor of the game. Instead it would probably increase the bad feelings about gambling and RNG in the game (what masters where originally not designed for - the opposite is true) and create frustration. Those who severely need this option already now will be able to find ways to do it.

Oh, This time, you seem to be really concerned by the the adversity/misfortune to poor casual players... A kind of a new Mahatma gandhi 1.2 with eco views 2014 ....

"
LSN wrote:
Imo removing mods (=eternal) is for perfecting gear. There is no reason to perfect mediocre gear and it would be as well a waste of currency.

...This is an elitist behavior. First thats wrong,a no-sense and show how you are blinded.
But at least, your honest sentence clearly show what you think about how should be the economy and players's status in poe game.

Min max the gear with masters craft tool isn't the goal... !!!

You talk about médiocre and perfect gear, and The Mid-game gear...thats doesn't exist? somes of rares i always use
People juste want to add the last +12 light resist to be capped at 75. And if their resist are are yet capped, add somes life/mana/stats if they have the opportunity. And at end be abble to use removal-mod to select fire-res instead of light res master mod because you change one item in your gear or something like this. Not more like this.....(nothing with max roll like you was focus)
[ Edit: exemple of mid-game gear (i use this items always)
end Edit]

"
LSN wrote:
On the other hand, there is also no reason to make crafting a no brainer and let people add and remove mods on mediocre items as oftenly as they want. One bad side effect would as well be less utility of several other items that you can find or trade for.

Example:

Lets say you find a 1200 armour shield with good stats for example. You add a 2nd resistance mod as this is what you need. Later on you wanna replace this res with the other res.

What you now gotta do is:
a) think carefully which mod to add to your shield
b) later on if you need another mod on a shield you need to
b1) buy or find a new shield and possibly again think carefully what mod to add
b2) sell your old shield
c) possibly use a lesser item than the one you got as you can add this newly required mod on it

What you then gotta do:
a) not
b) not
c) not

I personally as well would like to have everything available instantly sometimes. But then I start to understand that it does not help the game at all to have immediately one item that you can just switch mods on for any purpose. It would make the game more boring, make new finds less important, make trading obsolete, make any sort of decisionmaking skill obsolete and so on. It is really enough to have this available at the very end. Maybe level 7 masters would be still doing that tho. As well the option to waste countless currency on a single low item is something that some players need to be prevented from doing for their own protection.

So after all, all you guys who want it available from level 1 on (or any other very low level of masters) don't know what you really are requesting. You don't understand that it would make the hunt for new items way more boring and shorten the lifespan of the game as well as the interaction. It would make you complain even more about "can't find any more upgrades" and in the end make PoE more a stupid/mindless grind. Therefore it's the hard reality that you all are chobos. Sorry to say so, but its the truth.

Bullshit again.

When i see your kind of attemp of "demonstration". Thats really remember me the demagogic speech from political-man.

Last thing:

Put removal mod only at lvl 8 + make their cost at 1 Orb of Augmentation is a troll!
POe trolled us hard.They fucked all the master- craft system due to this. Thats break the little fun added by this new way to craft at cheap price.
Removal mod lvl 8 only was the ultimate provocation i tolerate, i have played 2198 hours (90+% of time solo, never buy one rare, execpt fews spécial unique like Doryani's belt/5Llightcoil). I uninstalled the game yesterday night.

Same like my first word, excuse me for poor english writing, i tried my best but i never learn english anguage.

"
Tonnerre wrote:
Put removal mod only at lvl 8 + make their cost at 1 Orb of Augmentation is a troll!
POe trolled us hard.They fucked all the master- craft system due to this.

"
LSN wrote:

What a bullshit. You say the game is screwed cause you can't reroll all stats to perfection and swap them whenever you feel like on all your items? I call this noobish playstation generation thinking. Thats what you probably belong to in any way. But it is not what makes PoE good and different from the rest of the crap games out there. :p

I don't like this kind of answer and definitivly not the people who speak like this.

You are not only blinded by your idea, you're obsessed. Don't you read this in my last post?:
"
Tonnerre wrote:
Min max the gear with masters craft tool isn't the goal... !!!

How many time i will need to say you "Min-max" the gear isn't the goal/priority with masters craft/removal-mod for the mass-people except obviously for rich and or elitist players (like you? If thats the case, thas will explain many thing)

So i repeat cause you 're wrong about me, i don't care to min-max my (self-loot) gear.
But yes, i just want to be abble to use removal mod(like the removal mod allow this)to swap my light-res mod for a fire-res mod 150 hours later when i switch to another character or build on this kind of item:
at level 1 masters not at level 8!

So for you, there is a kind of prior claim/honor for being abble to use this removal-mod at lvl 8 and thats perfectly natural.
Even if the players have many lvl 80 character, even they have played 500/1k/2k and more hours, they are "noobish playstation generation thinking(want all instantlly)" they haven't enought favor/honor to be abble to use removal mod if they aren't lvl 8 ?...
In the real life, your the kind of man who like to get a medal, right? Not me.
So, like you say, im a "noobish playstation generation thinking" :) cause i simply want to swap mod with removal mod ?

But isn't the goal of "removal mod " to swap mods? ...

A player with master lvl 8 won't be a "noobish playstation génération" if he use removal mod for simply swap fire-res for a light-res? But even so, he will be allow to swap mod an infinite time at cheap price. ...

I don't think thats crasy to would like to change my "23light-res" mod or my +25intel for a +40 life or +15dex Before 400 or more hours to be lvl 8...

During the first days of the forsaken master release, i was beggining to think, master craft is a cool thing, at last ggg release something good for all players.

But they finally choice lvl 8 for removal mod, and change the cost for "add multiple mod" form 1orb of augmentation to--> 2exalt (nice balance ^^^)

Thats always the same thing in poe, ggg claim everywhere their game is hardcore, and for hardcore gamer but then they add all the tools that make the game an easy mode for less than 10 or 5% of players and fucked all the others.

-Eternal orb make craft easy (nothing hardcore inside..)
-Miror with unlimited copy ...
-Nerf vaal-pact node to hell and add acuity gloves (i think ggg never do more than with this)
-Allow HC characters to be moved over to standard after they died and flooding the market standar with gear and inflating the cost of everything. ( but nevertheless, they like their economy, a man who like something try to heath it not the opposite)

Let me say, ggg claim, " we will add a new craft-system who won't be gated by absurd grind" and release this is a big provocation for legit players.
Im really angry about the decision of ggg to gated their master-craft concept behind putting removal-mod at lvl 8 but add in fact many more for ultra rich :
Prefixes/Suffixes Cannot Be Changed .
Cannot roll Attack/caster Mods

Thats also why i uninstal the 17september after 2k+hour(ok i was begin to be tired of the gameplay/rng but more and more about the ggg's decision(et,miror,acuity,balance skill,master and co).

I m asking for myself how many time ggg will be abble to hold in place this comedy.

PS: Like i say in my first post, english isn't native,i never learn english at schol, i don't have many knowledge in english, so iam sorry for all my spelling mistakes.. i tried my best with somes trad tools.
Last edited by Tonnerre on Sep 29, 2014, 7:59:01 PM
20 pages and still no GGG response, very sad. Still hope though!
+1

Would like a response on this too.

Last effort bump, even if its a "suck it up princess' response from GGG, that would make me happier than the nothingness we are getting on this point.

Come on GGG, this should have been addressed already! Why can't I remove and change mods?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info