Masters remove crafted mod

Extremely niche use that involves getting better rolls or swapping res when you have more or less fixed gear. During progress it's quite normal to be deficient in specific resists and your gear changes far too often to make such big crafting changes.

That seems perfectly fine to be restricted by a level 8 master. It's really not a needed option at all and is used to perfect endgame gear.
lvl 6 is way to early IMO!

be happy that they implement it at all! :)

they could also made the master system for some sort of "perfection" of some gg rares only!

i think its cool at all that the "remove mod" is even there!

i also dont have the lvl 8 masters yet - but its not needet!
"
kasub wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
It's a luxury mod that's completely unnecessary...

Nope. That's not right. The other use is to upgrade or adapt your equipment...

You mean replace a cold res with a light res because of your new equipment?...

"
NeroNoah wrote:
If you play self found, the currency doesn't have the same value as if you play trading. In that case it makes economic sense to remove the mod and change it...

This so much!
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Yes for casual players, it makes sense to have it lower but the power of this mod is pretty insane when it comes to high-level crafting so do not underestimate it as "switching res".
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
kasub wrote:
Extremely niche use that involves getting better rolls or swapping res when you have more or less fixed gear. During progress it's quite normal to be deficient in specific resists and your gear changes far too often to make such big crafting changes.

That seems perfectly fine to be restricted by a level 8 master. It's really not a needed option at all and is used to perfect endgame gear.

I have a Shadow in Cruel that has the same weapon since...like 20 levels. It has good added phys damage, one level to melee gems, and it hasn't been replaced, because it's the best thing in DPS I have found in a while. Sometimes you get a drop that is that good. Not always you can have gear to change, and sometimes the price can be step (jewelers, fusings and chromes).

"
Chundadragon wrote:
Yes for casual players, it makes sense to have it lower but the power of this mod is pretty insane when it comes to high-level crafting so do not underestimate it as "switching res".

Well, the problem is, if the mod is pretty insane, why does it exist in first place?

With trading, every person except those people who will not trade has access to this mod. Making it level 8 doesn't stop the insanity. How do you have abused the mod? How have you seen other people abuse it? Is it a mere divining of lower tier mods that insane? How does it compare to the many mods crafting?

I can't wrap my mind around the idea, but you could be right. Or not.

It doesn't change the fact that the accessibility limitation screws most people because of high level players.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Sep 28, 2014, 5:21:55 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Well, the problem is, if the mod is pretty insane, why does it exist in first place?

With trading, every person except those people who will not trade has access to this mod. Making it level 8 doesn't stop the insanity. How do you have abused the mod? How have you seen other people abuse it? Is it a mere divining of lower tier mods that insane?

I can't wrap my mind around the idea, but you could be right.

Many ways mate ->

A. Crafting mirror-worthy item, the bracket 5-20% may as well not exist - no need to spend 100s of divines trying to get the perfect when you can just remove and repeat.

B. Adding Haku/Tora affixes - "suffixes/prefixes cannot be changed" allowing for perfect divining of affixes allowing you to divine prefixes and suffixes separately and interchangeably.

C. Allowing you to block an affix pool and remove the mod later. This can often save you 50% of potential eternals.

D. For difficult to roll bases, the mod "cannot roll caster/attack mods" can be added saving you 50% of potential eternals and then later removed.

Basically, this single mod allows far greater fine-tuning on items than ever before - 6T1s were divined to 5 100% perfect mods. It is absolutely insane and a very fine reward for level 8, people need to realise this.

And tbh, even with trading are you comfortable with handing your 500 exalt item to someone else to remove a mod? Hmmmmmmm...
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 28, 2014, 5:24:03 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

With trading, every person except those people who will not trade has access to this mod. Making it level 8 doesn't stop the insanity. How do you have abused the mod? How have you seen other people abuse it? Is it a mere divining of lower tier mods that insane?

I can't wrap my mind around the idea, but you could be right.

Many ways mate ->

A. Crafting mirror-worthy item, the bracket 5-20% may as well not exist - no need to spend 100s of divines trying to get the perfect when you can just remove and repeat.

B. Adding Haku/Tora affixes - "suffixes/prefixes cannot be changed" allowing for perfect divining of affixes allowing you to divine prefixes and suffixes separately and interchangeably.

C. Allowing you to block an affix pool and remove the mod later. This can often save you 50% of potential eternals.

D. For difficult to roll bases, the mod "cannot roll caster/attack mods" can be added saving you 50% of potential eternals and then later removed.

Basically, this single mod allows far greater fine-tuning on items than ever before - 6T1s were divined to 5 100% perfect mods. It is absolutely insane and a very fine reward for level 8, people need to realise this.

So...if you can afford to eternal/exalt and divine, isn't it pointless to gate you behind a level 8 master anyway? That reasoning is so alien to me that it blows my mind...I don't hate you...but...come on...

PS: I don't mind trading, but I'd rather do it for uniques, and if services are needed, I'd search for trustable people (same guild or people who have done this like...forever). You have to trust sometimes.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Sep 28, 2014, 5:29:05 PM
No - high end crafting demands high end master progression. Makes perfect sense to me.

I believe the solution you are looking for is:

"Master can remove level 5 or under crafted mods" at a low level.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 28, 2014, 5:29:02 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
No - high end crafting demands high end master progression. Makes perfect sense to me.

Well, that would be a fair compromise, still, your initial reasoning doesn't seem too solid...
Last edited by NeroNoah on Sep 28, 2014, 5:30:19 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Well, that would be a fair compromise, still, your initial reasoning doesn't seem to solid...

What reasoning? I don't expect most people to understand it since very few people actually engage in eternal/exalting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info