Masters remove crafted mod

"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
No - high end crafting demands high end master progression. Makes perfect sense to me.

I believe the solution you are looking for is:

"Master can remove level 5 or under crafted mods" at a low level.

Well, that would be a fair compromise, still, your initial reasoning doesn't seem to solid...

What reasoning? I don't expect most people to understand it since very few people actually engage in eternal/exalting.

You want this to remain level 8 because it would give too much power to the people that eternal exalt.

Making it level 8 won't stop it. The same people that can farm Uber Atziri and buy the best equipment can obtain the option easily than most. You probably have many masters at level 7 or 8 (probably). And I bet you can't just go and eternal exalt now, in the leagues.

Your suggestion screws many people with...questionable results.

PS: The best part is that you say it will be abused when combined with other level 8 mods. No, seriously, read what you wrote please.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Sep 28, 2014, 5:41:59 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:

You want this to remain level 8 because it would give too much power to the people that eternal exalt.

Making it level 8 won't stop it. The same people that can farm Uber Atziri and buy the best equipment can obtain the option easily than most. You probably have many masters at level 7 or 8 (probably). And I bet you can't just go and eternal exalt now, in the leagues.

PS: The best part is that you say it will be abused when combined with other level 8 mods. No, seriously, read what you wrote please.

That problem is imho an artefact of the master system not being "soul-bound". What's the point of levelling anything when I have 2 8/8s in my guild who give me everything for free?

And what don't you understand about it being abused? It has been and will be for high-level crafting, the potential is there so it must be gated.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 28, 2014, 5:44:28 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

That problem is imho an artefact of the master system not being "soul-bound". What's the point of levelling anything when I have 2 8/8s in my guild who give me everything for free?

And what don't you understand about it being abused? It has been and will be for high-level crafting, the potential is there so it must be gated.

Well, the abuse happens when combined with other level 8 mods. Moot point.

The point of levelling? Maybe there should be some point to it. Buying uniques it's not enough, the remove mod is not enough and it annoys people. High level rewards are poorly thought, still, it's a bad reason to put it at level 8.

When gating something, it should be designed so it doesn't feel shitty, and that's an issue in this game sometimes.

And, as much people have said, trading sometimes ruins the game when it destroys the motivation to play the game. Yes, it could be soul bound. Even in that case, it shouldn't be level 8.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Sep 28, 2014, 5:51:40 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:

The abuse happens not because of the mod, because of what the mod facilitates.

It would do nothing on it's own, it must be combined with other mods or followed up with another action.

Not a moot point. It's like eternals, they do nothing on their own, must be followed by something else.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 28, 2014, 5:53:29 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

The abuse happens not because of the mod, because of what the mod facilitates.

It would do nothing on it's own, it must be combined with other mods or followed up with another action.

Not a moot point.

Let's see...

Discussion: this mod should not be level 8.

Your reasoning to have it level 8: this mod is powerful combined with other level 8 mods.

"
NeroNoah wrote:

Let's see...

Discussion: this mod should not be level 8.

Your reasoning to have it level 8: this mod is powerful combined with other level 8 mods.

Nah, also any mod with a bracket and any craft that could block an affix pool.

When you see the mod all you see is "switch res, add something else" - that part of the mod can be excluded and put somewhere else, you trivialise the other half which I suspect most people do since they never reach that stage of the game.

First we had eternals, now we have eternals on crack with masters.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 28, 2014, 6:02:05 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:

When you see the mod all you see is "switch res, add something else" - that part of the mod can be excluded and put somewhere else, you trivialise the other half which I suspect most people do since they never reach that stage of the game.

Any mod with a bracket? Block an affix pool? Like what?

I don't see how masters compare to eternal orbs, sorry.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Sep 28, 2014, 6:07:40 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Read my previous posts, most people will never get exposed to this as it is high-end crafting and therefore unknowledgeable about it.

Yes, I agree that level 5 or under mods can be removed or added at will however the advanced options for high-end crafting must remain at level 8.

"

Which is perfectly fine, but the level 8 requirement is 100% due to the huge power of the mod. It's extremely relevant to crafters, less so to the general population.

The mod was set there because of this and many people are unaware of it's actual use. When you appreciate how the mods allow you to go better and more perfect then ever before, you see they are eternals on crack.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 28, 2014, 6:11:38 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Read my previous posts, most people will never get exposed to this as it is high-end crafting and therefore unknowledgeable about it.

Yes, I agree that level 5 or under mods can be removed or added at will however the advanced options for high-end crafting must remain at level 8.

"

Which is perfectly fine, but the level 8 requirement is 100% due to the huge power of the mod. It's extremely relevant to crafters, less so to the general population.

The mod was set there because of this and many people are unaware of it's actual use. When you appreciate how the mods allow you to go better and more perfect then ever before, you see they are eternals on crack.

I've read your posts and I think you are wrong. If you eternal exalt, you have the time to level up the masters anyway. Or you can use services, but having to ask for a service feels awful for no good reason, and it screws people that like to play self found.

If people are not eternal exalting, then you haven't written any good reason to restrict the option. Or I didn't understand if you gave a reason.

Even if the remove mod option becomes level 8, someone will have to grind to obtain the meta mods and corrupted socked crafting.

I bet you wouldn't ask for a service that requires high level equipment and eternals.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Sep 28, 2014, 6:19:56 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:

I've read your posts and I think you are wrong. If you eternal exalt, you have the time to level up the masters anyway. Or you can use services, but having to ask for a service feels awful for no good reason, and it screws people that like to play self found.

If people are not eternal exalting, then you haven't written any good reason to restrict the option. Or I didn't understand if you gave a reason.

Even if the remove mod option becomes level 8, someone will have to grind to obtain the meta mods and corrupted socked crafting.

I bet you wouldn't ask for a service that requires high level equipment and eternals.

Sorry, I don't think you've experience enough of the high-end. You seriously underestimate how much dirt people in standard treat eternals and exalts. I could throw away a couple hundred and not feel anything, axn wasted 5000 earlier to nothing.

You don't understand how powerful this is at all. Items that used to take 5000+ exalts to craft can be now done in less than a third of that.

This is 100% geared towards high-end crafting and the ultimate crafting tool must be gated. The end.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 28, 2014, 6:25:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info