Masters remove crafted mod

Lots of opinions and heated debates here (which is a good thing).

I think trying to push everyone into a box though is a mistake. I for one wish to re-roll my items not so I can get 1% more from the craft, but because I wish to change the stat completely. i have also made a mistake on one item I have had for ages, waiting for the right time to use it, and now I would love to change it to the right stat.

There is also the argument of having the item level up with you/your masters. And again, if one wishes to re-use an item on another character, we may want to swap stats around, like go from lighteneing leech to cold etc.

The fact is, putting it at level 8 makes all the above impossible, except for in a year or so time, for most players. By that time, I will be bored and probably have moved on. no, I am not a 'playstation kiddie that wishes for instant gratification, nor am I a person who wishes to run the same map 500 times to get ahead in a game. I like variety, do not mind a grind, but at least make it more enjoyable journey.

Everyone gets their jollies off in different ways, and it is hard to make a one size fits all game. However, I really think removing mods at lower levels only makes sense, with more advantages than drawbacks.

What would it take to actually get one of the GGG to stoop to our leve3l and give us some bloody insight into their decision?
I'm really starting to like the previously mentioned idea of overwriting with higher lvls: if you have a lvl 5 master mod on an item, you can simply replace it with any lvl 6+ mod (paying that mod's cost of course). This would require rule tweaks with the multiple mods meta-mod.

And as a random (probably bad) side suggestion, we could then even completely eliminate mod removal from the game and treat items with lvl 8 master mods as "final".
Last edited by foosis on Sep 18, 2014, 8:21:19 AM
I agree, masters should be able to remove mods a lot earlier, at level 6 or so. Better make some crafting mods require higher master level to compensate, but implement mod removal at lower level.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
The question is why such an obscene grind to level 8 has to exist in the first place. EG the "multiple crafted mods" that Elreon provides would be amazing for all players, not just the uber-rich.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
The question is why such an obscene grind to level 8 has to exist in the first place. EG the "multiple crafted mods" that Elreon provides would be amazing for all players, not just the uber-rich.

Well, probably for the same reason Uber-Atziri exists at the current difficulty level, regardless of whether the bonuses from Atziri's Splendour or The Vertex would be amazing for all players and not just the uber-rich.
I think it's a very good decision despite the fact I probably won't ever be able to kill her. Communities of multi-player games like PoE benefit from having "heroes", so unless PvP gets really big in PoE those will be streamers and smart no-lifers... and even though I don't see much personal achievement in playing a game (unless you're placing highly at, say, MLG or setting speed run world records), it would be a nice feature to read the names of characters who managed to kill Uber-Atziri somewhere in-game in the same fashion you can read the names of random fictional exiled people in Lioneye's Watch.

Having content that is only reachable by a tiny fraction of the players is appropriate for this genre, but (to get back on topic) it's hard to argue reasonably that mod removal should belong to that sort of content.
"
foosis wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

Well, probably for the same reason Uber-Atziri exists at the current difficulty level, regardless of whether the bonuses from Atziri's Splendour or The Vertex would be amazing for all players and not just the uber-rich.
I think it's a very good decision despite the fact I probably won't ever be able to kill her. Communities of multi-player games like PoE benefit from having "heroes", so unless PvP gets really big in PoE those will be streamers and smart no-lifers... and even though I don't see much personal achievement in playing a game (unless you're placing highly at, say, MLG or setting speed run world records), it would be a nice feature to read the names of characters who managed to kill Uber-Atziri somewhere in-game in the same fashion you can read the names of random fictional exiled people in Lioneye's Watch.

Having content that is only reachable by a tiny fraction of the players is appropriate for this genre, but (to get back on topic) it's hard to argue reasonably that mod removal should belong to that sort of content.

See, the thing about "endgame" content is that it basically becomes a case of "don't get hit", and if you *do* get hit, to have a large enough life pool to be able to take a few of those hits that you don't die in a split second. Uber Atziri is actually an interesting fight, as, outside her spears, she seems to be more a case of playing a shmup than an arpg. Basically, the prerequisite seems to be "don't die in one hit to a spear, have enough damage to not let her adds heal all your damage, play a shmup".

The problem doesn't seem to be in killing her, so much as the tedious work necessary just to get to her.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

What exactly does being uber rich have to do with reaching lvl 8 elreon?
Very disappointed that there wasn't even an acknowledgement of this issue in today's announcement.
Seriously, I don't understand what is GGG's reasoning for putting such a useful function at the highest level. It's not like it's a meta-changing thing like the meta-crafting mods...
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Not sure why this isn't being acknowledged by GGG. Incredibly poor design to have a legitimate currency sink unreachable for normal players.
IGN - Partitioner

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info