1.2.1 Patch Notes

"
Hodari wrote:
"
gorlace616 wrote:

How about the patch where it doesn't take 3 months to get a master to lvl 8? is that intended? maybe 6 months to a year for casual players?

How about it DOESN'T take 3 months now? Someone's already gotten one master to level 8 and the others to 7 now, just over 1 WEEK in

And this one has been doing only masters, probably 10-12h per day, in a 6 man party, ALL doing ONLY masters. Plus buying masters quests. And he has ONE master to lvl 8.

The grind to lvl 8 is ok for standard league, but not for 3 month leagues. I can't imagine myself doing all of this again in 3 months. I just can't.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Aug 29, 2014, 3:35:28 AM
"
Jonathan wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Adding even more stuff for level 8? Don't you realize most players will never see a level 8 master?

The metacrafting mods were actually intended to be a big part of the reward for getting to level 8. We just didn't get time to implement them before the 1.2.0 release. Thankfully we managed to get them in just in time before players are getting their level 8 masters.

Oh hey Jonathan. One sees you so rarely on the Forum. Keep up the good work.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
dekay_one wrote:
"
Do_odle wrote:
"
pZeromus wrote:
Nice update!

I don't think it was ever supposed to be easy to get lvl 8 on a master. With effort, you will still reach it. No need to complain on this.

-snip-

Eventually Masters won't be able to spawn from anything but maps just to make the game some kind of ridiculous put-on vision of "Fair" I disapprove entirely, both of the put-on vision and the validity of it's use in the first place, it's just another way to SLAP US IN THE FUCKING FACE AND force numbers where we have to play their fucking game for even longer to enjoy their content!

i've been leveling haku in rampage league and im on my second toon in that league- he's level 5 without any farming, just the natural game progress and dailies. seems good to me! if this rate of progress continues haku will be maxed next week some time and i'll start working on elreon. t

Haha, I've never seen someone misjudge something badly as this here. Lvl 5 is where the real grind starts. Hint: it's not going to max next week.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Special thanks for this nerf goes to the Evil streamers and their evil streaminions. You might not be "cheating" but you are streaming and being invited to the games of the viewers to do the reputation. You are the worst enemy for whole gaming industry and this is just one the examples how you are ruining enjoyment for the masses in the name of Attention Seeking devil.
"
Mivo wrote:
- It reinforces the belief that unless you exploit every loophole asap, you face disadvantsges., while exploiting them never comes at a cost.

yep, exactly. couldn't play much in the last few days and cannot in the next weeks and this nerf just makes me sad.
i would have preferred if ggg just increased the penalty of reputation points if you farm lower level areas so it doesn't make sense to farm tidal island with your level 80 char for masters.

"
Mivo wrote:

- Getting a master every five to seven runs was not the issue

but having the loading times of the instance revealing if there is a master still is.

I dont get the master to lvl8 hype. For what? Mediocre mods?
Only Zana is nice. Good quests.
Fixed a bug with Cyrillic characters in chat.

Thank you so much! I think that was a sanction against russia! =)
To-do list:
*Profit.
who said everyone should get more than one master to level 8? there's a reason why masters services are so good, there's a reason why people are selling their masters services
for me as a soloplayer this means end of the road now for "farming" masters but then pls make the "remove crafted mod" at least lv5 or lv6.

it would also be smarter by you to reduce the reputation you get in a team for those quests then simply removing masters from those spots. so you would still get more xp for your dedicated nolife farming but others wont stay at lv5 maybe lv6 in like 3 months. your move is good if you only have perma leagues but you also have the 3-month leagues.

if you dont change the meta that the xp from all non-perma-leagues is not kumulative for standard/hardcore alot more guys will get mad. it is right now that only the highest xp counts after the league has ended isnt it?

i did yesterday solofarm those masters in tidal island for some time - think 1-2h - and the spawnrate was okay (think 5-6 runs i got one). if you team up i guess you have a master on each run -> so players in a team get reduced repu would work too and soloplayers are no ******* up.

just an idea but i think you wont listen anyways....
"Devourers no longer spawn in large packs outside of Maps."

Glad to know I almost died in Merciless Beast's Den due to a bug, not my own oversight.

Thanks a load GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info