1.2.1 Patch Notes

"
Hodari wrote:
"
gorlace616 wrote:

How about the patch where it doesn't take 3 months to get a master to lvl 8? is that intended? maybe 6 months to a year for casual players?

How about it DOESN'T take 3 months now? Someone's already gotten one master to level 8 and the others to 7 now, just over 1 WEEK in

Yes someone with no life, that is such a small percentage of the player base. Because a few do it, do something that will hurt most of the players. Good idea
MY SHOP THREAD 485102
While you're removing invasion mobs, how about removing rhoa's from felshrine? They are annoying as fuck and in a zone that has always been easy, simple and good for farming. But now, good luck not getting 3 shot on a build with no armour, can't even farm to out-level content because other zones have too much mob density, which obviously means more beyond mobs spawning which nobody likes, I don't know why beyond hasn't just been disabled already to be honest, it's such a bad mechanic it is legitimately ruining gameplay.

We also need more masters, not less, I suppose those zones were a little too easy but in maps there should be a master at least every 2nd map, right now though I don't see that many of them, it will be impossible to get them to max level in a 3 month league.
"
dekay_one wrote:
"
Do_odle wrote:
"
pZeromus wrote:
Nice update!

I don't think it was ever supposed to be easy to get lvl 8 on a master. With effort, you will still reach it. No need to complain on this.

-snip-

Eventually Masters won't be able to spawn from anything but maps just to make the game some kind of ridiculous put-on vision of "Fair" I disapprove entirely, both of the put-on vision and the validity of it's use in the first place, it's just another way to SLAP US IN THE FUCKING FACE AND force numbers where we have to play their fucking game for even longer to enjoy their content!

dude if you don't enjoy GGG's game, as you seem to state- don't play it.

i personally love POE and while i think there are some changes to the passive tree in the 1.2 patch that i dont necessarily agree with, it's their game to adjust how they want. in my opinion the storyline is filler, normal cruel and merc are a series of gear walls and the game really hits its stride (becomes enjoyable and challenging) at maps. can't get to maps? re-roll. it usually takes me about three days on a new character to get to eternal laboratory and start mapping. three days isn't really that much work. it's a weekend.

i've been leveling haku in rampage league and im on my second toon in that league- he's level 5 without any farming, just the natural game progress and dailies. seems good to me! if this rate of progress continues haku will be maxed next week some time and i'll start working on elreon. thats approximately 11 weeks at the rate i play to level all 7 masters. yes i know that this math is wildly inaccurate- been leveling all my masters at once, some are level 4 some are level 2 therefore all of them will take diffferent amounts of time to max out in reality... also the more masters you have maxed the more mods and crafting you will have available therefore the stronger your characters will be in every runthrough making masters easier and easier to farm.

lets put it this way- some players already have masters up to max level and it only took them a single week or less.

Those people played 20 hours a day since patch, You think just by doing daily and finding the wild you can level a master to 8 in a week or so, are you crazy? Do you realize it takes almost 1.3 million exp to go through lvl 7 and 8. Your math off? You need to get back to school, there is no way you can do daily and just finding in the wild playing you can get a master to level 8 in a week or so.
MY SHOP THREAD 485102
Thanks GGG loving beyond league! I will be purchasing a supporter pack soon, you more than deserve it!
#Those people played 20 hours a day since patch, You think just by doing daily and finding the wild you can level a master to 8 in a week or so, are you crazy? Do you realize it takes almost 1.3 million exp to go through lvl 7 and 8. Your math off? You need to get back to school, there is no way you can do daily and just finding in the wild playing you can get a master to level 8 in a week or so."

I am no math god,but lets try this.

20x7=140 hours to get a master to level 8? And that is way to much?kidding me right now?

That also means that meanwhile they also leveled other masters to acceptable levels during their farming.

That also means the following.

A player that plays 5 hourser day for a month,he would also complete it.

Or hear this one a player playing 1.7 hours per day,would get this in 3 months.

Such math skills!

I am gone since sunday to a place i cant play PoE.In 2 days ill play again,but till sunday i was 52 level and all/nearly all 4 to 5 level.That is with not farming same areas,but playing the game even casualy to my taste since i have a job and wife.
Bye bye desync!
"
gamespot wrote:
Wilson expects that most players will have met each of the seven masters either once or twice in the first difficulty level, but warns that it won't be until after the first playthrough of the first difficulty.

LOL.

More like 2 chars through normal and cruel.

I think you guys did it again... reducing chances at last minute because of "economy". You guys test a super fun thing on your servers, get the hype ready, and then when it goes live, we get masters that are only usefull to rerolls or friends, and that give lvl 30 missions to lvl 80 players. Too bad because they are actually fun and the system is really usefull when you have a higher level friend to craft for you.
Last edited by Renahud on Aug 29, 2014, 3:24:23 AM
"
gorlace616 wrote:
"
dekay_one wrote:

lets put it this way- some players already have masters up to max level and it only took them a single week or less.

Those people played 20 hours a day since patch, You think just by doing daily and finding the wild you can level a master to 8 in a week or so, are you crazy? Do you realize it takes almost 1.3 million exp to go through lvl 7 and 8. Your math off? You need to get back to school, there is no way you can do daily and just finding in the wild playing you can get a master to level 8 in a week or so.

who says i havent played 20 hours a day since patch too?
also i plainly state in my original post that my math is wildly inaccurate and meant as a loose guideline. yes i do realize that each level requires at least (and don't try to flame me if this number is off, frankly i don't care) twice as much xp as the level before.

i believe you might be the one that's a little off base, getting several masters to level five without trying makes me think that yes, if i focused on nothing but grinding masters missions i would be able to get three more levels in the space of a week on one master.

by the way i'm pretty sane, thanks for asking. and i didn't bother to do math and stated such to roughly illustrate a point. perhaps you need to go back to school to practice your reading retention.
"
elwindakos wrote:
#Those people played 20 hours a day since patch, You think just by doing daily and finding the wild you can level a master to 8 in a week or so, are you crazy? Do you realize it takes almost 1.3 million exp to go through lvl 7 and 8. Your math off? You need to get back to school, there is no way you can do daily and just finding in the wild playing you can get a master to level 8 in a week or so."

I am no math god,but lets try this.

20x7=140 hours to get a master to level 8? And that is way to much?kidding me right now?

That also means that meanwhile they also leveled other masters to acceptable levels during their farming.

That also means the following.

A player that plays 5 hourser day for a month,he would also complete it.

Or hear this one a player playing 1.7 hours per day,would get this in 3 months.

Such math skills!

I am gone since sunday to a place i cant play PoE.In 2 days ill play again,but till sunday i was 52 level and all/nearly all 4 to 5 level.That is with not farming same areas,but playing the game even casualy to my taste since i have a job and wife.

aaayyy someone bothered to do the math. you sir are a sir.
"
Transom wrote:
So If I thought Pierce was awesome for Tornado Shot and it didn´t apply...WTF How awesome will this skill be with Pierce working. I<3!!!

Master Spawnrate reduced - meh didn´t know about the bug anyway so idc. But if it is a global reduce thats quite underwhelming because I tend to get a master every 10 maps or so which really isn´t that much fun.

It definitely did pierce, you could see the mobs in behind getting hit. This is probably fix to same rare bug that made it not pierce for some people.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
yhateful wrote:

Or you can wait, play at your own pace and still get level 8 masters.

Problem is, you have 3 months to do it, before you start doing it all over again.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info