1.2.1 Patch Notes

"
Tom7i wrote:

You see, Masters are a carrot & stick thingy that is intended to keep people interested in playing the game longer. If farming Masters becomes too easy, people will become bored sooner and also stop playing sooner. So how do you make this proces last longer? You make the goodies drop more rarely which is what happened in this case.

However the flip side is also true. If the grind is so long that you have to give up your job and weekends you will not want to even bother getting started on end game stuff.
Also: One thing I wish so much for again, after reading some posts in this thread:
Can we PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF KUDUKU get an ignore function in this forum?
Last edited by S_Guy on Aug 29, 2014, 3:05:57 PM
No damage buff to Arc? *sadface*
If you are going to nerf the only way to get any of the masters to level 8 at least lower the difficulty of doing it.

I'm all for " L33T Hardcore " aspects of Path of Exile but some of us don't have time to mindlessly grind quests for more than 24 hours a day.

No one is asking for it to be easy, we just want it to be possible for over 1% of the game's population.
Last edited by Golden_Green on Aug 29, 2014, 9:14:53 PM
"
"
since5685 wrote:

Third and the biggest problem: HOW is it possible that in every league so far you, GGG, have done insane changes IN THE MIDDLE of the league ? HOW is it possible you change encounters, monsters that do somethin, to do somethin` else, or add more variety, when after 1-2 weeks people were getting used to what they had? Are you ON PURPOSE trying to reach Blizzard's level ?

In case you were living under a rock, here is what you missed: one of the primary purpose of the new leagues is testing new content with a large playerbase, before adding it (or deciding not to add it) to the permanent leagues.

Son, are you working a deadass job ? Are you one of those guys who nod he's head and agree to somethin` even if it's wrong ? Grow up, take a stand and have an opinion. It's one thing to have testing leagues so they can implement everything that is good later, IT'S A TOTAL DIFFERENT THING to distroy the hardcore league with changes in the middle of the league. My advice: STOP buttlicking, or worse, if you're not doing that, then you have some serious issues, because you can't understand what's "normal" in this world.
To place it in a language you understand: Today you own McDolands, but tomorow you lost it and will start working there, making fries and stuff. Do you agree to that? retorical question
Last edited by since5685 on Aug 29, 2014, 10:34:51 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong here, but isn't the nerf to the masters spawn rate in the areas listed just a massive kick in the nards to the solo player in the mistaken attempt to slow down leveling them?

As a group can't you chain daily missions and get rep for all of them?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong here, but isn't the nerf to the masters spawn rate in the areas listed just a massive kick in the nards to the solo player in the mistaken attempt to slow down leveling them?

Notice hoe no one corrected you
"
Qarl wrote:
Devourers no longer spawn in large packs outside of Maps.

Spoiler

A2Cruel

QQ
Last edited by Morianou on Aug 31, 2014, 10:14:30 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Really simple and effective solution would be not changing master spawn rate, but this:
1)only players that are in the instance at the moment when mission starts (when someone speaks to the master, not see him/her) can complete the mission - like Zana's mission portals, only without portals :)
2)the XP for mission is divided by the number of players from p.1
This would make group-farming more or less equal to single-farming. The only advantage of group farming would be that each farmer could choose one master to level and make his mission (found either by him or another party member), but overall xp progress would be the same.

Dailies are mkay imho, you can't get more than 4 from each party member anyway.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.2.1
Content/Features:
  • Added three new cosmetic microtransactions: Formosan Bear Pet, Hussar Wings Back Attachment and the Steam-powered Portal Effect.
  • Added five new crafting mods for level eight masters. These are meta-crafting mods. They affect the rules of what mods can be added or changed on an item.
  • Added new Mastery icons for themed clusters in the passive skill tree.

General Balance:
  • Detonate Dead: We have corrected the cast time to 800ms, as originally stated in the 1.2.0 patch notes.
  • Cyclone: We no longer treat Cyclone as a movement skill for the cases of Karui Spirits or flags in Capture the Flag. Using Cyclone will not cause these attachments to drop.
  • Blackguard soldiers are again too scared to be found in the Sceptre of God in any difficulty.
  • Vaal skills can now trigger other skills. Like before, they can not be triggered themselves.
  • Necromancer Map Bosses now have Map Boss resistances.
  • Devourers no longer spawn in large packs outside of Maps.

Missions:
  • The spawn chance of Masters has been reduced in The Fetid Pool, The Flooded Depths, The Ship Graveyard Cave and The Tidal Island.
  • Monsters spawned by the spirit in Haku missions are now further spread out.
  • We have added eight new friendly aura effects to Elreon's missions.
  • Fixed a variety of issues with Elreon's missions, mostly related to the timing of waves of monsters.
  • We have added a new unique boss to Tora's missions.
  • Replaced Spinesnap in Tora's missions with a new unique boss.
  • The Vorici mission hostage no longer counts for the remaining monster count in an area, but the assassination target does.

Hideouts/Crafting:
  • We have added a Physical Damage mod for rings and amulets at the Blessing Font.

Beyond:
  • We have added three additional variations of Beyond Demons that can appear from the first tier of portals.
  • The Hound of Tzteosh Beyond Demon now uses blue flame instead of red flame.
  • The Hound of Tzteosh Beyond Demon now has a triggerable cast-on-hit Flame Call.

Bug Fixes:
  • Clarissa will now offer the Sewer Keys again if you accidentally lose them.
  • Corrected the names of two decorations - the wooden log doorway is now called 'Palisade Gate' and the stone doorway is now called 'Fortification Door'.
  • Fixed a bug where arrow pierce would not apply to Tornado Shot.
  • Changed back attachments to always hide the default quiver.
  • Fixed a bug where characters could fail to spawn in hideouts in cases where they would have been trapped within a hideout decoration. This will lead to more cases of characters being trapped, but fewer cases of failing to enter a hideout.
  • Fixed a bug where the Secret Library daily mission area would crash in Cruel and Merciless.
  • Fixed a bug with Cyrillic characters in chat.
  • Fixed a client crash when a skill purchased from a master was put directly into an item.
  • Fixed a bug where Righteous Fire could continue to burn enemies after death.
  • Fixed the displayed realm name in the instance management window.
  • Fixed a bug where Animate Guardian would not work in PVP.
  • Fixed a bug where Vagan could become hostile after a Bandit Lord fight was started in the area.
  • Fixed a bug where portals could not be used in Corrupted Side Areas opened with the Hideout Map Device.
  • Fixed a rare instance crash related to mass revive.
  • Fixed a bug where the respawn options did not appear in hideouts.

Sweet

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info