The Herald of Ash : A Physical Bow Build

I need to re-roll and this looks like an interesting build.
What changes are needed for HC besides more life?
Looks overpowered. I have to try this :)

I have a few questions:
1. Why do you bother with crit nodes? It doesn't looks like it is at all necessary.
2. Wouldn't Forces of nature (3 nodes giving +40 elemental with weapons) be worth taking?
3. Why the 3 phys nodes at the start of the shadow tree seems? Well, I understand the first, but the other two might be better spend elsewhere- ow what?
4. You mention changing to a Harbingers later. That would obviously ruin the whole piercing part. I think I missed the post where you explained how you plan to fix that :). Just the piercing nodes and a gem? Or what?
5. And actually, couldn't one just go piercing from the start (I know this will cost damage)?
6. Would this be in any way viable for HC? It seems like all you got to do is miss one reflect mob, and you're out.
You can get the colors with masters crafting and some luck but still cheapier than waste 2000 chrom to get them manually.

Level 57 after started to test your build and 8 long hours with lot of coffee.
I still enjoy it, it's really powerful, running puncture and ice shot in 4L actually i'm in rampage didn't managed more than that gears.
I can clear all areas really fast with crap jewellerys / gears.
I can one shoot nearly all rare mobs ( and some exile in cruel that was fun )
Will try to get some gears with life since there is not much than that in tree + increase mana pool ( yeah it's costly even with 2% mana leech it's not enough with a low dps atm ) and hopefully a 5L.
I have an almost perfect infractem, i tried with a lower one it's really not worth it or you have to get very good crit jewellerys aside, at this price go for a good one directly.
My principal worry actually is life in endgame, in your video you are around 3700 life, this is definitively not enough for atziri and high level maps ( solo play ), and require already a lot of good gears to reach that correct me if i'm wrong.

But more than all, this is a really nice build, fun to play, cheap ( for leveling part ), shotgun effect is real, and you won't be in troubles often.

Give it a try, definitively !

pfiuuu ... Good night :D

Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Aug 29, 2014, 3:45:36 AM
Hey , ive got a question about :

"
At 31 you will have some levels on your Proliferation and you can now link it up with Increased AoE and Increased Burning Damage.

wouldn´t a carcass jack be optimal for this ?
Build looks neat, always wanted to make a prolif build, and since I already made a build around Ice, might as well do one for ash too!

Here's my life variant I plan to roll. Lose quite a bit of a phys and some crit but some can be made up with a 24% rustic sash, and non-Aursieze gloves with added phys ;) Should reach over 4k life. damage doesn't seem to be a problem so might as well boost survivability!

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAAx4FtQYjFHUWvx9BIXYi6iP2JP0mlSoLMHEwfDIBMpQ2PTnUOkJFfEp9S1dLeE2SUUdVS1b6W69eRWHiYetirGegbIxtbG-eb_JwUnGhdoJ3B3fXelN_An8rhs6HE4d2jDaNfY2_j0-S85UFl5ebJpu1nKSdqqCfpMKm4LEwshm0OLTRtQi1SMDjwTPDOsgMykrPetQj1orZxt0N3ajjhOUZ51TndOjW6xTxs_Pq-uv79fzF_95RTKxHtfJuqkrIPycqTX1b2L01kqZXTeP-j7DYotk=

Interested to see the harbinger vs Infractum battle! Seems like a lot of variants can spawn around Ash too, like some crazy Burning Arrow Abyssus combo or low life crown+spell damage mods. Ash/Ice are definitely cool new gems! here's hoping lightning gets the same treatment :D
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
Last edited by TokyoToho on Aug 29, 2014, 5:13:17 AM
"
Fangs wrote:
Build looks neat, always wanted to make a prolif build, and since I already made a build around Ice, might as well do one for ash too!

Here's my life variant I plan to roll. Lose quite a bit of a phys and some crit but some can be made up with a 24% rustic sash, and non-Aursieze gloves with added phys ;) Should reach over 4k life. damage doesn't seem to be a problem so might as well boost survivability!

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAAx4FtQYjFHUWvx9BIXYi6iP2JP0mlSoLMHEwfDIBMpQ2PTnUOkJFfEp9S1dLeE2SUUdVS1b6W69eRWHiYetirGegbIxtbG-eb_JwUnGhdoJ3B3fXelN_An8rhs6HE4d2jDaNfY2_j0-S85UFl5ebJpu1nKSdqqCfpMKm4LEwshm0OLTRtQi1SMDjwTPDOsgMykrPetQj1orZxt0N3ajjhOUZ51TndOjW6xTxs_Pq-uv79fzF_95RTKxHtfJuqkrIPycqTX1b2L01kqZXTeP-j7DYotk=

Interested to see the harbinger vs Infractum battle! Seems like a lot of variants can spawn around Ash too, like some crazy Burning Arrow Abyssus combo or low life crown+spell damage mods. Ash/Ice are definitely cool new gems! here's hoping lightning gets the same treatment :D

I only use the Aurseize and that Heavy Belt because my gear is lackluster. I'm reaching the point where I am considering pulling out huge amounts of damage (possibly including Point Blank) in order to make this a tougher build.
"
faiths wrote:
Hey , ive got a question about :

"
At 31 you will have some levels on your Proliferation and you can now link it up with Increased AoE and Increased Burning Damage.

wouldn´t a carcass jack be optimal for this ?

A Carcass Jack would be great, but a 5L Carcass would be very expensive for me at this point. The addition of this extra AoE might even allow you to remove Increased AoE from Herald of Ash and replace it with Reduced Mana. Then you could probably run Hatred or Grace in a 2L as well.
"
Liquor wrote:
So how are you going about getting the proper sockets for herald of ash? What piece is it on as well as the armour type?

I'm using herald of ash on an evasion character and can't for the fucking life of me get the proper colours.

That chest cost me about 200 chromatics.
"
sikker wrote:
Looks overpowered. I have to try this :)

I have a few questions:
1. Why do you bother with crit nodes? It doesn't looks like it is at all necessary.
2. Wouldn't Forces of nature (3 nodes giving +40 elemental with weapons) be worth taking?
3. Why the 3 phys nodes at the start of the shadow tree seems? Well, I understand the first, but the other two might be better spend elsewhere- ow what?
4. You mention changing to a Harbingers later. That would obviously ruin the whole piercing part. I think I missed the post where you explained how you plan to fix that :). Just the piercing nodes and a gem? Or what?
5. And actually, couldn't one just go piercing from the start (I know this will cost damage)?
6. Would this be in any way viable for HC? It seems like all you got to do is miss one reflect mob, and you're out.

1) Crit nodes are very important for single-target Puncture and for when you group with others.

2) 100% of elemental damage dealt with this build is converted from Physical. Elemental Damage is strong because it effects burning as well. Elemental damage with weapons is strictly inferior to physical damage (which also helps Puncture) in all cases as a result.

3) Those unspecified physical nodes increase my bleed damage from Puncture. This is a big deal against bosses and rogue exiles.

4) With an adequately powerful Harbinger, changing some points around to get piercing nodes or using a 6L to add Pierce would not be so daunting. With a Harbinger, I would also have access to leeching again. Mana leech would allow me to use Projectile Weakness.

Someday I hope to try to use a half-assed Pierce chance (50-70%) and make use of the Projectiles Return crafted mod.

5) I did go piercing at the start. I then respecced once I grabbed an Infractem.

6) I never play HC because my friends don't and my internet is sometimes a little less than reliable. If I did, I would replace my Vaal Burning Arrow with a CoDT Immortal Call/Enduring Cry setup. I also would avoid critical multipliers at all cost.
"
Heli0nix wrote:
You can get the colors with masters crafting and some luck but still cheapier than waste 2000 chrom to get them manually.

Level 57 after started to test your build and 8 long hours with lot of coffee.
I still enjoy it, it's really powerful, running puncture and ice shot in 4L actually i'm in rampage didn't managed more than that gears.
I can clear all areas really fast with crap jewellerys / gears.
I can one shoot nearly all rare mobs ( and some exile in cruel that was fun )
Will try to get some gears with life since there is not much than that in tree + increase mana pool ( yeah it's costly even with 2% mana leech it's not enough with a low dps atm ) and hopefully a 5L.
I have an almost perfect infractem, i tried with a lower one it's really not worth it or you have to get very good crit jewellerys aside, at this price go for a good one directly.
My principal worry actually is life in endgame, in your video you are around 3700 life, this is definitively not enough for atziri and high level maps ( solo play ), and require already a lot of good gears to reach that correct me if i'm wrong.

But more than all, this is a really nice build, fun to play, cheap ( for leveling part ), shotgun effect is real, and you won't be in troubles often.

Give it a try, definitively !

pfiuuu ... Good night :D

I'm glad you're enjoying the build. It is still a work in progress and I hope that I can reach the 4K-5K life ranges with some shifting of points and a few pieces of upgraded gear.

Mostly, I put this build together to offer something to players with minimal currency that can run maps solo at a high speed. I didn't have any aspirations of running Atziri and the like when I put this build together.

I usually play very solidly for the first two weeks of every new league and then get bored and stop until the next one, so super-end-game content has been a little inaccessible for me. I avoid playing builds which don't use unusual mechanics to succeed (which means most of the current Atziri-viable builds).

Edit: You also mention that your mana leech is too low. You can't leech with Infractem.
Last edited by elboyo on Aug 29, 2014, 11:17:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info