The Herald of Ash : A Physical Bow Build

Thank you for the reply. I'm going to roll this in a few days. I'll definitely be following. Wish I could +1 rep.
Hey there! The build sounds like a lot of fun. I did LA Archer a few seasons back and really enjoyed it. Looks like this will be the new build for me to do. A few things first though,

1) Do you feel Shadow is the best start? Seems like some gems will be a pain to get as Shadow. Would being a Ranger will hurt the build that much?

2) Did you try Iron Reflexes out? I've personally never been a fan of evasion and always did IR on dex toons.

3) I see you got 2 +30 int nodes. Are those really needed or can they be dropped?

Looks like a lot of fun and I def plan on during Ice Shot! Thanks!
"
natuutan wrote:
Hey there! The build sounds like a lot of fun. I did LA Archer a few seasons back and really enjoyed it. Looks like this will be the new build for me to do. A few things first though,

1) Do you feel Shadow is the best start? Seems like some gems will be a pain to get as Shadow. Would being a Ranger will hurt the build that much?

2) Did you try Iron Reflexes out? I've personally never been a fan of evasion and always did IR on dex toons.

3) I see you got 2 +30 int nodes. Are those really needed or can they be dropped?

Looks like a lot of fun and I def plan on during Ice Shot! Thanks!

1)In terms of accessing all the gems you need, the Shadow is not the best start. However, in terms of points spent most effectively, he will have what I feel to be the best ratio of crit/dmg/survivability.

2) The problem with Iron Reflexes is that you lose out on your massive dexterity boosting Evasion. Also, the ice shot and the cone it makes do so much elemental damage that not being able to effectively use Ondar's guile to evade it makes you much more vulnerable to elemental reflect.

3) Elemental Proliferation and Increased Area of Effect both have some steep Int requirements for this build without those two points. I took them as a matter of convenience. If you would rather sacrifice jewelry suffixes to roll +Int, then you should be able to manage it like that.
Sounds good! Gonna try and buy all the gems I need then start leveling up. Thanks!
Love the build, very well though out. Certainly turns out better than my own try at a bow burn build for 1.2 (Chin Sol BA traps, the damage is insane but it's a huge pain to use).

I have a nitpick with your numbers though : while the math is solid up the the last 3 lines, HoA ignites for x% total burning damage, not x% burning damage per second. You're multiplying your burn DPS by 4 where you shouldn't.
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
First feedback: S

Started your build i'm 41 now rushing to reach the final setup with Infractem.
Two things to say:

- Just awesome
- Nerf incoming

I will try to make a detailed feedback with tooltip ( people love that even if it's useless ) and gears i'm using after reach 70.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Aug 28, 2014, 8:45:08 PM
I planned to make a build using Ice Shot next and this definitely seems like a fun use of it although a little unconventional. Looks like it will play a lot like Zypp's wander that was posted in this forum as well but is more interesting.

Hopefully I'll try this build out this weekend if I can afford it.
You can afford it for real ! :)
Death's harp is cheap as hell for leveling, infractem good roll is a few chaos only.
Hf :)
"
natuutan wrote:

So many people still overrating IR my goodness... All that dex wasted if you use IR. Every dex build I have played feels so much tankier than armour builds. Since I discovered evasion I'm having a hard time playing with armour. It has it weaknesses, especially physical spells, but you can stand in so much shit taking barely any damage that would eat you within seconds if you had IR.

Nice build btw, but although I play softcore mostly I don't like the fact I have like no life at all. Making a more realistic version of this build (with death count kept below 2 figures) will probably like decimate the damage.
Last edited by leto2626 on Aug 28, 2014, 9:43:00 PM
"
StokeYdral wrote:
I planned to make a build using Ice Shot next and this definitely seems like a fun use of it although a little unconventional. Looks like it will play a lot like Zypp's wander that was posted in this forum as well but is more interesting.

Hopefully I'll try this build out this weekend if I can afford it.

Zyppie actually inspired this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info