The Herald of Ash : A Physical Bow Build

Just wondering what the reasoning behind using ice shot instead of burning arrow is. BA has a better damage effectivness (130% instead of 120%) and you get a helm slot because you don't have to wear the 3 dragons. In my mind it looks better but I'm curious as to what you reasons for choosing ice shot are.
Newb question. I have the old verison of the bow. Is it possible to get the new, updated stats on it?
The Herald of Ash so op, hope a nerf in few days :)
Bandits?
"
maclojack wrote:
Just wondering what the reasoning behind using ice shot instead of burning arrow is. BA has a better damage effectivness (130% instead of 120%) and you get a helm slot because you don't have to wear the 3 dragons. In my mind it looks better but I'm curious as to what you reasons for choosing ice shot are.

Because of the shotgunning effect that Ice Shot has when it pierces.

Assuming mobs A, B, and C.

---> A <<<< B/C : 'A' gets hit and 'B' and 'C' takes the aoe cone
---> B <<<< C : Now 'B' takes the arrow and 'C' takes an additional aoe
---> C <<<< : 'C' takes the arrow

Because there are more strikes per arrow, we have a higher chance of rolling higher damage numbers overall. Additionally, the likelihood that 'B' or 'C' goes from full life to low life from AoE before being struck a second or third time greatly improves your chances of getting a very high overkill damage.

The last benefit is that Ice Shot is more likely to overkill the center of any given pack. This means that your proliferation radius is central to the group rather than placed along the edges.
"
Vuxra wrote:
Bandits?

If you want charges, grab either Endurance or Power.

I went Oak in Cruel and killed everyone in Normal and Merciless.
"
valient_dude wrote:
Newb question. I have the old verison of the bow. Is it possible to get the new, updated stats on it?

It is possible by using a Divine Orb on it, but this is inadvisable since a divine orb is worth much more than the item itself.
I notice from your video that you don't exactly get up in the face of the enemies too much. Is point blank a mandatory passive skill?
"
valient_dude wrote:

No. Old versions of Infractem cannot be rerolled to have the +phys rolls.

Now has Additional Physical Damage of 25-35 to 36-45 damage. This mod cannot be caused to spawn on past versions of the item.
Last edited by DySeaL on Aug 29, 2014, 12:45:54 AM
So how are you going about getting the proper sockets for herald of ash? What piece is it on as well as the armour type?

I'm using herald of ash on an evasion character and can't for the fucking life of me get the proper colours.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info