DEVOURERS!? Whats the Point of this design?Especially in HC

"
Lol not true. You know just stacking damage and defense doesnt make you a good player nor your build any good. You gotta manually dodge stuff like devourers. I almost got 1 shot by them too but guess what, i happened to dodge and use flasks at the right time and run and then i take em down.

Desynch RIP
Lately I just get hit by Devourers every time they pop out of the ground. It seems impossible to move out of range of that hit. What gives? It was never like that in previous patches. Also, a lot of times they just 'appear' without actually un-burrowing, there's no hit animation and I still take damage (again, that first hit).
there has been many many whining and raging about devourers and not a single ggg response...

other than that joke thread about how devourers look like underground ;)
Nice thread list OP.
Still nothing compared to the list of self found threads and you know how much they achieved.
Deal with it.

Devourers are cool dudes btw.
They are summoner killers. You runing through forest with your very powerful minions that can kill everything on the way, dreaming about gear, dont notice that something wrong, you stoping to cast a curse on pack of mobs and... There they come, the DEVOURERS from all of the map, they come to laugh at your dead body, because you already dead when you see them.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
"
As Kasub have said, Invisible_Hand, you can actually use lvl1 AA chill effects to allow you slowing down devourer to by 30%, further decreasing the chance of Devourer stacking on top of you and landing a hit. Pop lvl1 AA if you are in the area with certainty of Devourer spawnings.

Indeed, it is a cozy unneccesary step for a monster.
However, my build have stack much more Block Chance and even Rumi Concoction just for this creep. So, you can imagine how many players have actually evolve their build for this sucker.

Thank you for advise~~
The lv 1 AA is actually a bravo idea~

As what you've said ,i know there are many ways to protect our chars from these Devourers.

I truly love the challenges that POE provides us especially in HC.

I will try thousand times to play the game.

But my point, as you see, is not about the challenge things or about how hard the game should be.

My point is to question the necessary of the horrible and torturous experience that the design of devourers brought us.

The way they come up,
The effect they produce,
The potential over-tension they brought,

The 【Obvious】, 【Attempted】, 【Malicious】 【torment】 and 【affliction】 they bring to any player whose mind are not crazy or over-masochistic,

are totally meaningless and hurtful and it decrease the enjoyment and sense of achievement gained by most of players.

I dare say that Most of Us come to this game

to play an ARPG but not

a TERROR GAME like Dead Space or Silent Hill. (I love these game totally
Last edited by Invisible_Hand on Aug 28, 2014, 6:08:38 AM
"
kasub wrote:
Devourers are completely dodgable/kitable. You can run over them and keep running which won't allow their initial popup to hit you.

Sometimes you might get unlucky and get surrounded by a pack of blues though in which case you're dead if you don't have the right gear check. And it's actually not all that uncommon to happen, especially in maps where they can just randomly appear.
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
Devourers are completely dodgable/kitable. You can run over them and keep running which won't allow their initial popup to hit you.

Sometimes you might get unlucky and get surrounded by a pack of blues though in which case you're dead if you don't have the right gear check. And it's actually not all that uncommon to happen, especially in maps where they can just randomly appear.

Eh in this cases there is one solution: immortal call + CWDT + increased duration + enduring cry

This setup is totally mandatory imo for all low armor and evasion characters (like mine in beyond). This probably saved me on the very first map i did.. gangbanged by 6 devourers but only the first dealt me dmg :P

Other than that. Good reflexes and a leap slam can help you, i managed to some times with my old invasion melee char

Did a level 71 fracturing map with devourers on my shadow the other day. Smashed them.
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
kasub wrote:

Eh in this cases there is one solution: immortal call + CWDT + increased duration + enduring cry

This setup is totally mandatory imo for all low armor and evasion characters (like mine in beyond). This probably saved me on the very first map i did.. gangbanged by 6 devourers but only the first dealt me dmg :P

Other than that. Good reflexes and a leap slam can help you, i managed to some times with my old invasion melee char

Being forced to use a certain gem setup that is pretty close to being borderline OP really only shows how stupid the mob is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info