DEVOURERS!? Whats the Point of this design?Especially in HC

The fishies can relate:
Spoiler

POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
wow thats scary

glad we dont have those things on land lol
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Last edited by Amiag on Aug 27, 2014, 1:08:45 PM
Odd enough, with no one mentioning that Arctic Armour works well against Devourer gangbang.
Arctic Armour slows anything in contact with the character by 30%, since Devourer will always appear right at the side of your character, they will get slowed all the time.

Right at that time, you have chance to escape with Leap Slam or Lightning Warp or whatsoever movement skill.
Moreover, you can wear lvl 1 AA for the Chill effect.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
Last edited by bunnyxian901 on Aug 27, 2014, 1:41:41 PM
"
Odd enough, with no one mentioning that Arctic Armour works well against Devourer gangbang.
Arctic Armour slows anything in contact with the character by 30%, since Devourer will always appear right at the side of your character, they will get slowed all the time.

Right at that time, you have chance to escape with Leap Slam or Lightning Warp or whatsoever movement skill.
Moreover, you can wear lvl 1 AA for the Chill effect.

First, i want to say:"Thank You." for the lv1 AA idea, that is great really.

But because of one monster that everyone need to use a gem isn't it a bad design?

Further, if the char use BM, what the point of AA?

Do u mean that "the char can not use AA is fucked up in HC, they are rats have no right to play HC?"

That would be a good point,i say.

Not to mention that AA is an alternative skill , even we have AA, the Incredible Dmg produced INSTANTLY

is inevitable, i mean, HAVE U TRULY date with them?

They don't show up one by one, dude, that's the point.

They come up in PACK OF TONS, usually 5+ of them come up around u suddenly, i bet the time it takes to show up is less than 1 sec.

Year the AA will slow them down ,so what? They have got enough time to hit u once.

And by numbers, 1 shot is enough,they win.

U know what?

POE IS A Diablo-Like Game, it is not DOTA or WAR3.

It is an Action-RPG, not MOBA or RTS, even FPS.

Keeping players' reaction in such a high tension for longtime is totally against humanity.
Last edited by Invisible_Hand on Aug 27, 2014, 8:51:49 PM
Actually Devourers don't immidiatly shoot. The only thing that can hit you is there attack which is hard to avoid if they pop out underneath you, but that is only dangerous for chars with neither evasion nor armor.

The fireball-thingy they shoot is easy to avoid with either a use of Leapslam/Whirling Blades or a Quartz-Flask. And since they fixed the bug where devourers always hit you after emerging regardless how far you were away from them I don't really find them that dangerous anymore. They are still annoying and you have to react fairly quickly and you need something to get out of a group popping around you, but that is all.

They dropped a lot on my most annoying mob-list since they fixed that and you are actually able to not get hit by them. But I can see how terryfing they are if you are a ranger with no quartz and a bunch of blue devourers pop out around you.
"
Related note:

Fuck the Gardens.

Sub note : same for the hedge maze, and as a former summoner player it is deserving of me saying stuff about it that would need edited by a moderator to not offend the little kiddies
I do indeed hate devourers.

Whenever I hear their sound I instantly hit my granite+quicksilver and run really fast away, if the pack is big enough I might hit my seething once or twice just in case.
Kite devourers? great idea... if only you are not in a location with tight passages. Try to kite when you are walking through the door and at this exact moment there are 4-5 devourers emerging around you, lol.
But I have to admit, they are now (last 2 patches) less of a threat than before. Don't know if it is just my experience or they really were stealth-nerfed somehow.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Devourers are completely dodgable/kitable. You can run over them and keep running which won't allow their initial popup to hit you.
As Kasub have said, Invisible_Hand, you can actually use lvl1 AA chill effects to allow you slowing down devourer to by 30%, further decreasing the chance of Devourer stacking on top of you and landing a hit. Pop lvl1 AA if you are in the area with certainty of Devourer spawnings.

Indeed, it is a cozy unneccesary step for a monster.
However, my build have stack much more Block Chance and even Rumi Concoction just for this creep. So, you can imagine how many players have actually evolve their build for this sucker.
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info