DEVOURERS!? Whats the Point of this design?Especially in HC

"
Mahesys wrote:
Eh in this cases there is one solution: immortal call + CWDT + increased duration + enduring cry
yeah, sure, tell it to my summoner
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
As Kasub have said, Invisible_Hand, you can actually use lvl1 AA chill effects to allow you slowing down devourer to by 30%, further decreasing the chance of Devourer stacking on top of you and landing a hit. Pop lvl1 AA if you are in the area with certainty of Devourer spawnings.

Indeed, it is a cozy unneccesary step for a monster.
However, my build have stack much more Block Chance and even Rumi Concoction just for this creep. So, you can imagine how many players have actually evolve their build for this sucker.

up
"
"
As Kasub have said, Invisible_Hand, you can actually use lvl1 AA chill effects to allow you slowing down devourer to by 30%, further decreasing the chance of Devourer stacking on top of you and landing a hit. Pop lvl1 AA if you are in the area with certainty of Devourer spawnings.

Indeed, it is a cozy unneccesary step for a monster.
However, my build have stack much more Block Chance and even Rumi Concoction just for this creep. So, you can imagine how many players have actually evolve their build for this sucker.

up

I'm still a bit uncertain if some players play against different devourers I do. They are dangerous mobs... but compared to those leaping frogs, evangelists, alchemists they are fairly easy. You just should never stand still if there are devourers around. Run until they plop out and than finish them, due to their incredible low mobility (iE they don't move at all) they are much easier targets don't require point blank range like evangelists, don't jump around like stupid.

There is one really big danger, that is a group of blue devourers with extra damage popping out around you. Just get a remove bleeding quartz-flask (because you need remove bleeding anyway) and you are done (actually if you move and they pop up around you you can even walk out of them because they are a bit delayed, not sure if this requires a certain movespeed though).

They also seemed to have changed their AI a bit. They seem to be far more likely to use their Melee-Attack at Point Blank instead of their projectile, and their Melee-Attack isn't any more dangerous as one from a big skeleton or vaal guy (exspecially since it can be easily evaded or dodged, it is propably more dangerous for Armor-users, due to its higher damage).

I mean the point of Flasks is to prepare for certain situations without changing the whole gear. So taking a Quartz Flask with you isn't too much to ask and just use it if you get Devourers in a map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info