Dont do HAKU'S totem instance

I REALLY dislike these missions. However, it's all there is at the moment for Haku. Narrow hallways, no proper places to provide shelter for regen, totems with pretty crazy damage. I did a Level 65 instance based on the Sewers tileset on a Level 64 Ice Spear caster with 4k Life/ES at 70-75% res and I could barely make it to the boss room due to totem damage. And the best of it was the fact that huge packs (5-7) of Discharge dudes would spawn all around me on my way to the exit. Rubberbanding + desync mayhem. Needless to say I still risked it and died due to being desynced after barely making it out of the middle of a pack and then rubberbanding back in. I did have 2 Quicksilver Flasks and 3 healing pots, emptied them all. Ran out of charges
This is just not fun. Makes me wanna just skip these missions. I have no problems whatsoever with regular content at my level, I can do 68 maps just fine. But the damage combined with these (intended?) desync game mechanics is just a big meh.
I do not agree with putting things like these into the game with all the well-known netcode problems. Things like these will only pronounce these issues to the point of shoving it into the player's face and showing them the middle finger. Desync Flasks... uhm Quartz Flasks are just an acknowledgement of the fact that there are problems that can or will not be fixed soon, but I just really dislike having to sacrifice a flask slot (which I cannot actually afford to do) just to play these missions properly. Desync can be mostly avoided with a little practice in the regular game. I'm not saying these missions can't be done somehow on caster chars like mine. But I just don't think it's fun.

Suggestions (either of those would help):
- Lower totem damage
- Lower totem density
- Lower the pack size of spawning mobs (max 3-4 mobs in narrow hallways)
- Make the map shorter so that there can be less spawns of mobs around you

Just my 2c.
Last edited by Chillbear on Sep 5, 2014, 7:29:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info