[1.2] Malibu's Infernal Ice Shot

Hmm, yeah, I don't know because I'm shit at theorycrafting, but I think the strength of this build would be to stack as much physical damage as possible, since hatred + herald of ash add roughly 50% extra fire dmg from physical. I'm working on finding a drillneck, but now that I'm supporting herald with burning damage, the burn is freaking insane, even without fire nodes. Going to update with a new video when I get a drillneck but I'm interested to see how your version turns out!
You're right, I'll be stacking as much physical damage as I can on gear.
Phys to light, yo.
I really dig this AddTasty - I had an old 52 ranger in crap gear and I threw together some points to try and fill out the intent - I think I did ok on the skill tree.

I have some mana issues from time to time; but with my crap gear I didnt expect much.

Great idea here!
Thanks!

Working on a big update to the build in a bit here ^_^
Last edited by MalibuMoon on Aug 26, 2014, 4:39:16 PM
Definitely a fun build - I'm on the ranger tree, so a few different points. I didnt spend anytime with spreadsheets, so take it for what you will. It looked fun, had a stagnant character and thought your idea was pretty cool.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAF4FtQX5BiMILhmOH0Ej9iT9KlswcTB8MgEylDY9OkJDNkp9S3hNklFHUuxW-mHrYqxnoGyMbWx313n2fXV_An8rh3aNfY2_lQWbJpuNnaqhpKbgpzSn1LIZtUi748CcwuzEos3qz3rTftQj1orZxtwV3ajh2-OE51TndOjW6xTtg_zF_rr-yP_e

Whats working for me:

I dont have the nice Scion life wheel, so I found some value in going up to revenge of the hunted for the 4% life mostly, 6% attack speed makes me feel not so bad skipping quickstep. It also helps me pick up the str / int node -- which I'm horribly under performing on - trickery helps, but its a long way into the build. I'm still a bit short of where I'd like to be STR/INT wise.

I also had to b-line for mind drinker, which helped out the mana issue quite a bit, so for now, Ive skipped a few good damage nodes just to keep me shooting.

Overall- I'm really surprised at how well this is doing on my under geared character. The gems aren't even leveled (level 8 in the high 50s?). Other than Acrobatics/Ondars I have no defensive setup (no cwdt/curse/totem action; no smoke mine. I'm not running anything hard, but - still.. really surprised!

I'm still playing around, loads of fun though!
So this build. Holy wow. New favorite thing ever.

I was playing a shadow, rolling an Ele Prolif+Burning Arrow+Herald of Ash build, and it was alright. It missed having great AoE, at least at 20-30ish in level. I got a Pyre, switched to Ice Shot, and wow. Just wow. Its amazing.

I'm currently running(lack of gems, so using what I've got):
Single target=Ice Shot+Inc Crit Dmg+Faster Attacks+Added Cold Dmg
AoE= Ice Shot+Added Fire Dmg+LMP+Chance to Ignite(this one is likely going to change soon)
Auras= Herald of Ash+Red Mana+Ele Prolif

Ele Prolif on HoA is epic, much larger radius for the burn/explosion. It works oh so well.

For my trees:
Current
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNhFfGqM9W_IFKLZFr9VS2HiJpWMNgYjH0EDHrVIcFIqC_PqbWxirJ2qNj1sjMLstMVDNnn2KlsFtTpCS3jdqDBx1CNeRZLz-uuNv1FHyqldaJrxCImVBcu95oHnVA==

Planned
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyi2bDYFr_LveaBVUuMNiaVYeIGIx9BAx61SHBSKgvz6jY9bWy5fIwL7LBsjJ2qYqwFtcLstMU6Qkt43agwcdQj1op_KzB8UUeNv8qpXWia8QiJlQUx-nb3OdR316CfTZIj9o19XkWS8_rr3Q38xVb6wTOGziF2W69KfYd2Z6BDNnn2KltS7CT951T_3m_ypldN4_6PNZK18m6qSsg_JypNFSAs6TGe2L3KSlFMrEd9W3cHhxOcpG-ewONLV_GzJT-r0tqNpDnQgUfiIuL_k1HZsJI=

Avoiding a lot of the elemental damage, I don't think it will be better than pure phys damage. You get more inital damage out of phys damage, which leads to larger ignites and larger overkills. Trying to get as much crit and whatnot as possible. Taking some mana on kill to keep leveling smooth, and some extras resists until I get the gear needed.
How does this build deal with a reflect mob if the ice shot hits it?
"
CODxRAPIIDZ wrote:

That's a good question I have not been faced with. I'll update when I can on that.
"
CODxRAPIIDZ wrote:

I run with a Ruby flask. So far I've yet to die to reflect with the flask and Ondar's guile.

Still looking for that drillneck, update coming soon ^_^
It's smart to get phys damage on gear, but better to scale with fire/ele/burn nodes. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Herald_of_Ash look at the quality bonus.
Last edited by pabrt on Aug 26, 2014, 10:45:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info