[1.2] Malibu's Infernal Ice Shot

I wanted to try this bow version, but I don't think it's best to scale phys with nodes. The burn from herald of ash scales much better from taking fire/elemental/burn damage nodes, which are found on the opposite side of the bow nodes, unfortunately.
Last edited by pabrt on Aug 26, 2014, 4:13:05 AM
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEDHgOWA8YEswW1Bg4GIwn2DPIUIBRNFHEWQBa_GJEZLho4H0EiryLqJa0lvCaVJ-0pTyoLKlswcTKJOFM6QjsoPAU8LUGHQzZG10t4TP9QR1LsVUtXDVfiYENh4mP9Zp5odGwWbWxuPW-ecFJ253cHd-V59oKbgwmDOIV9hxOHGYuMjDaPT5BVkc6UoJu1nKSezZ_fogCly6cwp4SvbK-NsTC1SLc-wuzDOsT2xYrGrspK0iHUI9hN2L3ZYdpi2mTdqN-_4XPo1uw47SDvfPAf8-r56PxL_Qv-Cg==

Avatar of Fire: goodbye physical reflection, 90% phys converted to fire on top of the already 100% ice to fire conversion; insane burns.

Blood Magic: main AoF problem is mana generation, BM takes care of it; also the best thing about BM is how you have 2 insane fire clusters on the way to it.

Phase Acrobatics: your survivability is more than enough with this and Ice Wall > Spell Totem > Faster Casting > Blind. Wear Blood Dance and you probably won't even need Life Leech on Ice Shot.

"B-but muh bow points"
You don't need 40 bow points to play an archer, try and see

"B-but muh 1000% crit multiplier"
Yes, the build is kinda low on the multiplier. I did the math with Maligaro's and some crit gear, you will have like 400%. 400% is, imo, more than enough to get massive burns going from a safe distance.

So that's pretty much it. A build invulnerable to physical reflect with very high aoe capabilities thanks to Pyre adding Infernal Blow to your arrows.
Phys to light, yo.
And no, it's not a minor burn. I was skeptic about the build too, but after testing a bit I can say its DOPE.

Btw I suggest linking

Ice Shot - Lesser Multiple Projectiles
Added Fire - Weapon Elemental Damage
Increased Critical Damage - Pierce (Drillneck)

Use a GMP LMP Tornado Shot with LGoH if you want instant health for backup

Use the upmentioned Ice Wall totem for bosses and hard packs
Phys to light, yo.
Which kind of gear would one look for on this build? (Except for pyre of course)

And what about single-target damage?
"
Revak wrote:
Which kind of gear would one look for on this build? (Except for pyre of course)

And what about single-target damage?

Big physical damage bow, probably a Harbinger with crit roll
Weapon Ele Dmg
Added Phys or Fire
Crit Mods

I'd also recommend Drillneck

For single target I know I'm using the frost wall totem and shotgunning hard
Phys to light, yo.
Yeah the burn is huge, even bigger now that I realized increased burning damage works with herald of ash!
I'd really like to see your gear and gemming! Are you running Ele Prolif on Burning Arrow or Herald of Ash? Please linke! :D
"
Zinki wrote:
I'd really like to see your gear and gemming! Are you running Ele Prolif on Burning Arrow or Herald of Ash? Please linke! :D

Gear is bad but I'll link. Proliferation not needed!
"
treta wrote:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEDHgOWA8YEswW1Bg4GIwn2DPIUIBRNFHEWQBa_GJEZLho4H0EiryLqJa0lvCaVJ-0pTyoLKlswcTKJOFM6QjsoPAU8LUGHQzZG10t4TP9QR1LsVUtXDVfiYENh4mP9Zp5odGwWbWxuPW-ecFJ253cHd-V59oKbgwmDOIV9hxOHGYuMjDaPT5BVkc6UoJu1nKSezZ_fogCly6cwp4SvbK-NsTC1SLc-wuzDOsT2xYrGrspK0iHUI9hN2L3ZYdpi2mTdqN-_4XPo1uw47SDvfPAf8-r56PxL_Qv-Cg==

Avatar of Fire: goodbye physical reflection, 90% phys converted to fire on top of the already 100% ice to fire conversion; insane burns.

Blood Magic: main AoF problem is mana generation, BM takes care of it; also the best thing about BM is how you have 2 insane fire clusters on the way to it.

Phase Acrobatics: your survivability is more than enough with this and Ice Wall > Spell Totem > Faster Casting > Blind. Wear Blood Dance and you probably won't even need Life Leech on Ice Shot.

"B-but muh bow points"
You don't need 40 bow points to play an archer, try and see

"B-but muh 1000% crit multiplier"
Yes, the build is kinda low on the multiplier. I did the math with Maligaro's and some crit gear, you will have like 400%. 400% is, imo, more than enough to get massive burns going from a safe distance.

So that's pretty much it. A build invulnerable to physical reflect with very high aoe capabilities thanks to Pyre adding Infernal Blow to your arrows.

So I've never used Avatar of Fire before--why do you say 90% of physical will be converted, when the skill looks like it says 50%? Just wondering.
"
So I've never used Avatar of Fire before--why do you say 90% of physical will be converted, when the skill looks like it says 50%? Just wondering.

Ice Shot has an innate 40% physical to frost conversion (which in turn goes Fire due to Pyre)

So Ice Shot with Pyre does 60% physical damage and 40% fire damage

With AoF you add up 50% more fire conversion for your physical, going up to 90%.

Due to all the Fire/Ele Damage nodes you get, you end up gaining a ton of DPS. The downside is you pretty much have to run Blood Magic keystone if you do that, because you will do 0 mana leech. I think it's totally worth it, though. I got 20% more damage the moment I picked up AoF - that's a LOT for a keystone.

Edit: Also you could theorically pump 100% physical to fire damage if you corrupted a quiver with Physical to Fire or Frost Conversion.

Another edit: you could replace Added Fire Damage for Fire Penetration, run Windscreams and curse stuff (Assassin's Mark and Flammability) to negative FRs, amplifying your AoF damage to a retarded amount.
Phys to light, yo.
Last edited by treta on Aug 26, 2014, 1:09:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info