[1.2] Tornado CoC EK Build - Cheap, effective and very fast

"
Maverick1st wrote:

You should swap master of force for the phys dmg side of the shadow start. Master of force gives you 40% in 4 nodes and that gives 42% in 4 nodes + 2 more skillpoints since you dont need the 20dex.

Another thing is the 30 int node. Isnt trickery (near shadow, 20int, 20crit, 20eledmg) better? I am just wondering since none you picked that even though with hatred + heralds + coc that seems to me a significant dmg increase.
Last edited by heldi on Aug 25, 2014, 10:27:36 AM
"
x3degree wrote:
I think is kind of weird using LMP with ethereal knives. I do feel that split arrow works much better since I do not have to socket ethereal knives with lmp.

LMP is not for EK. It is used for Tornado Shot (more tornados)
"
heldi wrote:
"
Maverick1st wrote:

You should swap master of force for the phys dmg side of the shadow start. Master of force gives you 40% in 4 nodes and that gives 42% in 4 nodes + 2 more skillpoints since you dont need the 20dex.

Another thing is the 30 int node. Isnt trickery (near shadow, 20int, 20crit, 20eledmg) better? I am just wondering since none you picked that even though with hatred + heralds + coc that seems to me a significant dmg increase.

Not much to add here :P
"
Fargali wrote:
Hey man i began this build but this is a quill rain COC.

Will be using arc/fireball/arctic breath..."2 of those any way" along with split arrow and chain so 5 link is all i need for now until i can get a 6 link for GMP.
Can swap split with barrage for boss kills.

What do you think?

This is the tree i'm almost level 20 yah still in the beginning but i'll get there in no time

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wguAdHtg6JAGY70-ABeoSLTfsSiu-OXBv66LYMZipu1-wnDOlM19trKSg-rGo9vnlFMbWwWv4MJnKSsRzY9JpWHE31bnaph4ncHKk1irGyMVUs_J7TFjDZKyMLsAv7lGW6qKlsFtd-EtDi18nn2jb9Cw_v1NZJDNlFHXfKXl_6P2L1S7OdUMHxw1UV8TeP-CiT9fyuNfYnT_97WinfXI_ZwUjnUVvpNkioLb_L8xfPqoJ9noN0Nh3Zbr0p9IXaGzsEzplc=

Looks good to me. So you are going elemental based?! Nice route too. Your build seems to be tankier (you have more life nodes, if I am not much mistaken) there are only smyll differences/some different clusters. Should work pretty good :D

Going to record some videos right now.
Should be up in a few, as soon as it is uploaded :P
Last edited by Kaeltwyn on Aug 25, 2014, 10:47:31 AM
Can't wait for video demonstration.
"
Fargali wrote:
Can't wait for video demonstration.

Just recorded a 15 minute gameplay video, discussion some stuff about this build.
Upload already started

Last edited by Kaeltwyn on Aug 25, 2014, 11:54:29 AM
Have you tried using pierce or increased crit chance? They should be better than physical projectile damage and faster attacks.
"
"
x3degree wrote:
I think is kind of weird using LMP with ethereal knives. I do feel that split arrow works much better since I do not have to socket ethereal knives with lmp.

LMP is not for EK. It is used for Tornado Shot (more tornados)

But inevitably the lmp will be link to ek which reduce the damage so i find it very weird for you to use tornado shot.
I've never played bows before. What kind of bow would you use? a rare or would a lioneye glare work good? I've got some stuff in my standard stash I could respec to and was thinking just this idea (tornado and CoC).

I'd imgaine eventually a crafted bleed on hit bow would be pretty slick from Tora.

Could you link gear or what you think would be your ideal gear setup.
Thanks!

also, I see a path or 2 that can be optimized. For instance you can take the dex node above Ondar's Guile and remove the 2 next to Herbalism. You now have -10dex and another point to spend elsewhere.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Aug 25, 2014, 12:23:20 PM
"
Fargali wrote:
Hey man i began this build but this is a quill rain COC.

Will be using arc/fireball/arctic breath..."2 of those any way" along with split arrow and chain so 5 link is all i need for now until i can get a 6 link for GMP.
Can swap split with barrage for boss kills.

What do you think?

This is the tree i'm almost level 20 yah still in the beginning but i'll get there in no time

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wguAdHtg6JAGY70-ABeoSLTfsSiu-OXBv66LYMZipu1-wnDOlM19trKSg-rGo9vnlFMbWwWv4MJnKSsRzY9JpWHE31bnaph4ncHKk1irGyMVUs_J7TFjDZKyMLsAv7lGW6qKlsFtd-EtDi18nn2jb9Cw_v1NZJDNlFHXfKXl_6P2L1S7OdUMHxw1UV8TeP-CiT9fyuNfYnT_97WinfXI_ZwUjnUVvpNkioLb_L8xfPqoJ9noN0Nh3Zbr0p9IXaGzsEzplc=

Since you are evasion based (no IR) why not grab acrobatics? It's right there for 1pt.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info