[1.2] Tornado CoC EK Build - Cheap, effective and very fast

Last updated: 07.09.2014

EDIT: Didnt have much time in the last days.
I just got herald of Ash: It is way better than Herald of Ice. It might be worth to stop using Herald of Ice and have more mana ... maybe we could add clarity then for Artic Armour ...
Herald of Ash Level 1 > Herald of Ice Level 9

Hey guys, so I´ve been playing around a bit with the new gem called Tornado-Shot.

I´ve read many discussions about the effectiveness, so here is a small build I´ve made. Right now it is pretty damn good. Can clear areas way over my level pretty quick.

I am level 56 right now, but I am crushing through the quests. LvL 59 areas are no problem. All bosses and rares - till now - are killed in less than a minute. Really easy.
Still trying to find a decent weapon, mine is crappy, like the rest of the gear :P

I hope you like it and might have some good ideas to optimize that build.

I´ll update this build as often as possible. Next aim is to see how it is against domi and piety ... solo in cruel and merc :P

So here it goes :D

Pros
- high clear speed due to high movent speed and great damage
- no NEED for expensive items ... but they can make this even better
- all gems can be gained through questing
- can clear areas which are at a higher level very fast
- can oneshot many rares (the "yellow" ones :P)

Cons
- a little squishy right now ... but my gear is crap :P

For the bandits its
40 life
attk speed or phys dmg
Skillpoint

Playstyle
Curse! Puncture! Tornado! Thats it :P

Video:
Spoiler

Just 360p until youtube has finished processing it. Should be 720p then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJwZVrTLACE&feature=youtu.be

Gem Setup

Main Skill
The underlined are my recommendations ... they work super good

4L: Tornado Shot - Faster Attacks - physical projectile dmg - LMP/GMP (I use LMP right now, but GMP should be quite good too)
or
4L : Tornado Shot - LMP - CoC - EK
this one feels way stronger due to insane crit burst damage, the other one is still pretty good

5L Tornado Shot - Faster Attacks - physical projectile dmg - LMP + GMP <- testing
or
5L Tornado Shot - Faster Attacks - LMP - CoC - EK
or
5L Tornado Shot - Increased Critical Strike Chance - LMP - CoC - EK

6L: Tornado Shot - Faster Attacks - LMP/GMP - added Fire - Increased critical - physical projectile dmg
or
6L: Tornado Shot - Faster Attacks - LMP/GMP - physical projectile - CoC - EK (this one might be better, because the dmg is higher. EK profits from the skilltree quite a bit)

More damage, quite useful for bosses
4L: Puncture - Pierce - LMP - added firedmg (chaos etc. should work fine too)
6L: Puncture - Pierce - LMP - added firedmg - Faster attacks - ? added chaos?
Last edited by Kaeltwyn on Sep 7, 2014, 12:00:30 PM
i use the same gems as you do but i don't use mana leech it's useless just use -6 or -8 manacost amy and rings my tornado cost 6 mana and it's 5l i use tornado + lmp +addfire+faster att+proj phy dmg and i use herald of ash with red mana and trying to get herald of ice two since mana isn't a prob at all
Already changed that :P
We can still use assassins mark to get mana .... unfortunately I dont have a single herald gem ... this character was past the quetss .... and they sell for 20 c or so .... too much for testing :P

Clear speed still insane
I did some testing with herald gems and looks like herald of ash is a little bit better for AOE clearing also if you have mana problems just grab Revelry cluster it helps A LOT!
I think, I already use this cluster.
Mana is absolutely no issue.

I'd like to start using herald os ash. Unfortunately there is only one quest to get it ; (
I think, I already use this cluster.
Mana is absolutely no issue.

I'd like to start using herald os ash. Unfortunately there is only one quest to get it ; (

Updated this build.
looks like an interesting build.
I'll definitly try it.
Really looking forward to your progress updates.
Trying a similar build now. Can you tell me which bandit rewards you picked?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info