I open strong box thingies, game freezes to process stuff, I'm dead

fortunately or unfortunately this game needs an SSD.
I tried to run the game on the same PC, just booting(win xp 32) from my backup HDD and copied the game also on it.
Still managed to get freezes every now and then even though my specs are pretty good.

i5 3570k 4.3gz
8gb DDR3
Nvidia GTX 760

Needless to say, the game runs perfectly even at the worst situations
when i Boot to my OS(win 7 x64) and game on the SSD.
Last edited by smichal52 on Oct 7, 2014, 3:29:43 PM
"
pengant wrote:
"
Amiag wrote:
its not the pc fault

just bad optimization (stuff is probably loaded from a big compressed archive) and no preloading

So why am I not experiencing any slowdown or freezing?

The fact it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it doesn't affect others.

I can run newer games on almost maxed options but opening a rogue box will freeze my POE session for solid 2-4 seconds.
That isn't acceptable.

If you load up POE onto a ramdisk or an SSD it's great. The game doesn't even preload skeletons from summon skeletons / bringer of bones which you meet in almost every single map and it causes an initial lag for many players also. God forbid someone uses vaal summon skele.

Don't bother with stream of monsters / rogue exile unless you are using an SSD.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Oct 7, 2014, 4:02:20 PM
Speaking of vaal summon skellies, I allways use that on strongboxes, and it works great. I also have the freeze issue, and it helps a lot spreading the monsters aggro in those 2-3seconds.

Cheers
im running an amd 6core 3.2ghz
8gb ram ddr3
with a 1gb 550 Ti video card

granted i know i need a new card. but i only freeze in maps with rain on a strong box with +stream+exile

or in groups with alot of aoe

I do run everything at high.

League of legends on High I hit 183 fps avg

here like 60. i dont understand. lol must be the particles and texturing. also need a map preload. itd save so much trouble.

but then 3rd party software could get that instance lay out and tell you where a CA is. a rare mob spawn.

unless they make 3rd party stuff bannable. and have a detector. id say keep preloading out of the picture as much as i want it...and others would to. but itd increase the effiency of bots
Not to forget the new silly drop bears of desynch. I play without sound so I'm in act2 running through some area and I see a bear drop, then suddenly I rubberband back a bit to where more bears are and I die from desynch. Another well thought out addition by GGG.

The game is really starting to show more and more signs of the underlying engine just not being able to handle this stuff (graphics/netcode/etc). I'll continue to soldier on till it dies it's natural death, it's just annoying.
"
I have well over 2000+ hours

seems game is fun? no
"
_wuv_ wrote:
open the box and move out of the way

much useful
such intelligence
wow.
"
gpofarm wrote:
Wild captain your an idiot. Getting maps is a problem and boxes are an issue for many players.

You just called that guy an idiot and you spelled you're wrong.
I have a pretty fast SSD and still get this problem sometimes. pretty sure its not a GPU related issue but memory or HDD one.

These idiots claiming 'get a new computer' 'lol nub move out of the way' should just forfeit their forum account since nothing useful comes out of those monkeys smashing at the keyboard.

So basically in a point and click game with no reasonable graphics to mention I am supposed to get a pre-market hardware from NASA to run this game without dying to a strongbox ? Is that what you are telling me ?
i have this happen to me a bit, but i acknowledge its a hardware issue. the biggest issue i have with strongboxes is, i've been killed a couple times from being pinned in by mobs just from opening the box.

now i know why that one flask was created, as a quick solution for this very problem. you get pinned in and cannot move anywhere and just die.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info