I open strong box thingies, game freezes to process stuff, I'm dead

"
pengant wrote:
"
shoju wrote:
It's been like this for a while.

When you have certain AoE Effects + certain rogue exiles + stream of monsters (the killer for me), the game can, and will freeze. It will kill you. It's not a "bad computer" issue, as I've replicated over multiple computers, with multiple hardware options.

I have a feeling that it's a problem with the way that the game sends information through to certain GPU's, as most of my stuff is Nvidia, and that seems to be the only common thread between the machines that I've experienced the problem on.

Anything from a Sony Laptop, all the way up to, and including a rather new (<18mos old) gaming machine.

It is a bad computer issue. I'm assuming you probably replicated the problem over several bad computers :P

I've played since closed beta and never once experienced slow down or freezing.

The strong box is causing bad pc's to freeze because they cant process the mass of instant spawning monsters quick enough. My gpu is nvidia too. Nohing major either, i5 processor and 570 gpu.

Several bad computers? Yes, the computer that I just built is obviously bad. OR you just don't know what you are talking about. Brand new computer. Brand new, components, the ONLY commonality between the computers that I tested with is the presence of Nvidia graphics components. Because I just tested it on a brand new machine that I built. As in <48 hours old.

Before you start talking out of your ass about something, you should think that maybe someone might know what they are talking about.

Since I got the game to load up on a win8 HP slate without having freeze issues related to the lockboxes (the game was choppy, but semi playable) I'm going to stand by the issue that it's a processing issue with a GPU.
Or, we can begin mocking you (in true internet fashion) about your lack of understanding in reading comprehension of the previous post, or your completel lack of understanding about computers, and hardware components
Last edited by shoju on Aug 24, 2014, 8:23:13 PM
"
_wuv_ wrote:
open the box and move out of the way

i agree with what this guy said
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
Install PoE on a RAMdisk if you have 16+ gigs of ram. It's made the game waaaay more playable on my potato computer.
SSD brothers, no modern computer can get away without.
We shouldn't need SSD's when any decent, fairly up-to-date HDD should suffice. I highly doubt this is a player hardware issue. I'm also sure some of this denial is pure brainless fanboyism.

GGG servers are in NZ, and IMO that's the biggest problem with players in the major gaming markets (US & EU) which are about as far away from NZ as you can get on the planet. Thus they chose the retarded system they have which exchanges high ping/lag for desync.
Last edited by Arthikas on Aug 25, 2014, 3:08:15 AM
I have died twice to these boxes so far (instant death with 4200+ hp and really good defences). And I also lag/freeze everytime they are opened (i do have SSD, plenty of ram, fine computer overall etc).
I do like these boxes though, but I think they might need to tweaked a tiny bit, because instant deaths and 1-2 sec freezes on activation is kinda silly.. i'm glad I play standard and not HC.

Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
Game never freezes for me with any strongbox combo (i have a PC with SSD). Also smoke mine helps a crapload to escape and for defense purposes
"
Mahesys wrote:
Game never freezes for me with any strongbox combo (i have a PC with SSD). Also smoke mine helps a crapload to escape and for defense purposes

I doubt smoke mine can do much against instant death to explosions :)
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
How about adding a 3 second delay for the spawning of monsters?

Press box.
*Sound of grinding gears, pulleys and chains*
*Click*
Boom.
Last edited by Red_Frostraven on Aug 25, 2014, 5:57:29 AM
"
shoju wrote:
"
pengant wrote:
"
shoju wrote:
It's been like this for a while.

When you have certain AoE Effects + certain rogue exiles + stream of monsters (the killer for me), the game can, and will freeze. It will kill you. It's not a "bad computer" issue, as I've replicated over multiple computers, with multiple hardware options.

I have a feeling that it's a problem with the way that the game sends information through to certain GPU's, as most of my stuff is Nvidia, and that seems to be the only common thread between the machines that I've experienced the problem on.

Anything from a Sony Laptop, all the way up to, and including a rather new (<18mos old) gaming machine.

It is a bad computer issue. I'm assuming you probably replicated the problem over several bad computers :P

I've played since closed beta and never once experienced slow down or freezing.

The strong box is causing bad pc's to freeze because they cant process the mass of instant spawning monsters quick enough. My gpu is nvidia too. Nohing major either, i5 processor and 570 gpu.

Several bad computers? Yes, the computer that I just built is obviously bad. OR you just don't know what you are talking about. Brand new computer. Brand new, components, the ONLY commonality between the computers that I tested with is the presence of Nvidia graphics components. Because I just tested it on a brand new machine that I built. As in <48 hours old.

Before you start talking out of your ass about something, you should think that maybe someone might know what they are talking about.

Since I got the game to load up on a win8 HP slate without having freeze issues related to the lockboxes (the game was choppy, but semi playable) I'm going to stand by the issue that it's a processing issue with a GPU.
Or, we can begin mocking you (in true internet fashion) about your lack of understanding in reading comprehension of the previous post, or your completel lack of understanding about computers, and hardware components

Hahahaha genius!

Firstly, brand new means nothing. Is a brand new PC that cost's 100$ good? No exactly, that means nothing. I'm not saying your computer is worth that, but as you can see just because it's brand new it means nothing. My pc is 3 years old, your pc is 48 hours old. My pc no slowdown or freezing, your pc freezing and slowdown. Hmmmmm

Secondly, you just built several PC's including a 48 hour old PC that can't run Path of Exile without freezing or slowdown. I think we all know who the PC noob is here........*rolls eyes*

Thirdly, i'm in my 2nd year studying a degree in Computing - yourself? I actually know how all the hardware works at a circuit level, not your definition of 'knowing your hardware' i.e which is the most expensive gpu at the moment and such :P

Lastly, if it was a major problem with the game and the way it sends information to the GPU like you claim, then i'd experience the same problems as you no? So would thousands of other people, no?

So in conclusion, I think you'll find it's the people with bad pc's unable to handle the mass of incoming monsters that spawn instantly and then instantly want to move/cast a spell and other various things. Quite a lot of information to process all at the same time, by both the processor and the gpu - and to be honest it doesn't surprise me that someone as idiotic as yourself would build a terrible pc.
Last edited by pengant on Aug 25, 2014, 6:45:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info