I open strong box thingies, game freezes to process stuff, I'm dead

Welcome to the club!
Did you now strongboxes are the number 2 cause of death in Wraeclast? Right after Zana/Haku
Last edited by vnt87 on Oct 23, 2014, 2:47:24 AM
Throw 3 cold snap traps before opening box :)
Freezing happens for me too, but not every time, which is the part that is confusing to me.

I am using, what I consider to be a very good PC, I spent more money on this rig than my last 5 combined. I can run 2 windowed instances of PoE at the same time with fully maxed out options and it almost never drops below 60FPS.

But every once in a while, I pop a box, run and get either:

1. Sound of gears.... nothing.... nothing...... pop, box barfs its loot. No mobs ever show up. Not sure if this is working as intended or what. But it is very odd.

2. Freeze for a good 2 Mississippis and I'm usually desynched back into the pack and/or simply dead.

If this is a "low end PC" issue, then GGG has insane requirements. I think it's something else.
Same problem here. I open Box I try to run like hell then I find myself back inside the crowd dead
My PC is a juggernaut
Yeah, I've died a few times because of that, it's annoying as hell, and an infuriating way to die.

Rogue exiles are the worst, especially the summoner witch. Some of the spell traps (lightning storm and ice nova in particular) seem to make it worse, as does the 'revives nearby monsters with onslaught' if there's enough mobs nearby.

Nowadays I just pack every defense I can in before opening them, at least with the the rare ones (normals are never an issue, magics rarely are unless there's an exile, and even that isn't a heavy freeze unless it's the summoner)... lay down a Decoy Totem, hit my Granite, possibly Immortal Call if I've got charges ready, Molten Shell if I've got it with me on manual cast. Although it tends to still be safer to just haul a Lightning Warp around with you and use it just before opening the box... doesn't matter if your comp freezes (or your character freezes or gets stunned or collision-locked), you'll still be ported away to (relative) safety.

Of course, I've had some fun with strongbox hanging in the opposite way, too. Lately I've been using a Flickerstrike build, and on occasion when I've had a few frenzy charges going into a strongbox, I'll open it and just hold down my Flickerstrike button; if it does cause a comp freeze, oftentimes I'll have cleared the entire ambush serverside before everything loads up for me, so when it unfreezes there'll just be a pile of corpses and a bunch of loot appearing outta nowhere.
Last edited by Shppy on Oct 24, 2014, 3:25:02 AM
"
Xaxarius wrote:
I just died and lost 10% exp

stop opening lockboxes in merciful.
theory-shadow: http://tinyurl.com/l3nu76x | puncture

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info