[MUST CHECK] ES through the roof [Possible exploit?]

"
Chris wrote:
Sorry for the lack of replies on this - we were working on it today and wanted to make sure that our reply was accurate.

It shouldn't be possible to stack these mods in this way. There's a problem with how their families were set up, and this will result in the invalidly-stacked crafted mods vanishing in our next patch. I'm sorry that this was possible and that some transmutes/alchs were lost in this way. Thankfully it looks like not that many of these items were created and it's possible to restore them to their correct state.

What about the fairly broken suffix you can get on rings -- "5 - 20% increased energy shield."

Shouldn't that only be available on amulets?
"
Chris wrote:
"
Erionn wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Sorry for the lack of replies on this - we were working on it today and wanted to make sure that our reply was accurate.

It shouldn't be possible to stack these mods in this way. There's a problem with how their families were set up, and this will result in the invalidly-stacked crafted mods vanishing in our next patch. I'm sorry that this was possible and that some transmutes/alchs were lost in this way. Thankfully it looks like not that many of these items were created and it's possible to restore them to their correct state.

Will this fix the Armour/ES mod I accidentally crafted on my Evasion/ES helm?

I think that item is valid - those two mods are allowed to stack (but a third one of the same type of one of the other two would not be).

So to confirm, items are allowed one "Percent Defenses" mod and one "Percent Defenses with Bonus Stun Recovery" mod.

"
jaiinus wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

What if we used Eternals to craft and have imprints with the bench crafted mods? Will the imprints bring back the item to the imprinted state minus the crafter's mod?

The item will lose the invalidly stacked mod each time it's loaded from the database. We'll check the Eternal case, but it should be fine.

So it doesn't matter that it is an Evasion/Energy Shield Items with an % Armour/Energy Shield Mod?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
So it doesn't matter that it is an Evasion/Energy Shield Items with an % Armour/Energy Shield Mod?

No, your item will have the light blue mod removed as it is an (obviously) invalid combination.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 23, 2014, 9:31:20 AM
...can you restore the 30ish alchemy orbs i used, too, then?

rip

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Aug 23, 2014, 9:56:01 AM
Wow! GGG are speedy with their fixes - And I was thinking about going ES after all :D
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
I don't get it, I see 3 prefixes and 1 suffix. What's the exploit? ;_;

It's a pure ES chest that gets a crafted ARMOUR/ES roll on it. It might obey the 3 prefix and 3 affix rule, but the base 'armor' type is not being obeyed here in terms of what it shouldn't be allowed to roll.

GGG already said that off slot mods will be able to be crafted i see nothing wrong
"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

No, your item will have the light blue mod removed as it is an (obviously) invalid combination.

Then why did Chris say that the mod on the Item in the quoted part is valid? It's an Evasion /ES with an Armour/Es mod.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

Then why did Chris say that the mod on the Item in the quoted part is valid? It's an Evasion /ES with an Armour/Es mod.
He says he "thinks" that item is valid and I assume he overlooked the specifics of the item/misread it (Prolly he's working over time with the recent release of the expansion). Why would it normally be possible to get Armour/Energy Shield mod on an item that lacks armour? Obviously the correct mod would be Evasion/Energy Shield.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 23, 2014, 3:04:50 PM
wait, is the THAT (eva on an es/ar piece, etc?) the only complaint? who cares - it's literally a moot point. 68% of 0 is... 0.

if the argument is triple stacking % rolls, does it really matter when it means there's no + roll with them?

the only thing that sucks/is odd is that those who previously had a + and % roll are better off with an open prefix to add a 2nd percentage roll, instead of exalting the hybrid block/% roll. in terms of sheer armor/es/eva, at least.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

It's not breaking the rules of what is allowed. You get the same bonus either way, the other mod simply doesn't count. That person simply made a mistake.

We can't have open crafting, and then say that you can't add something that doesn't make sense, it's one or the other.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info