1.2 - Freezing Pulse /w Cloak of Defiance (MoM) & EB .-. Freezer .-.

how exactly do you map with this build ? what will kill the uniques ?
"
idrgz wrote:
how exactly do you map with this build ? what will kill the uniques ?

Freezing Pulse is plenty. With the Crits you will pull off they will go down.
If you run into Spell Reflect try to use a level 1 Freezing Pulse gem instead of your leveled one.

Quality on your FP gems helps alot.
IGN: NutCracked
also whats the main gem to use lmp or gmp ? like what would be the best variant ?
"
idrgz wrote:
also whats the main gem to use lmp or gmp ? like what would be the best variant ?

GMP is ideal, assuming you can support the mana cost.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
and any reason why we dont run hatred?
"
idrgz wrote:

You can try.
Also try using Herald of Ice.
"
idrgz wrote:

Whoa, there's a very good reason we don't run Hatred! Hatred's power is based on physical damage. Freezing Pulse doesn't deal physical damage, so Hatred is useless.

Definitely use Clarity and Herald of Ice. You can probably add one more aura with this build: Determination (make sure all of your gear is armour/es based, Cloak aside) or Haste.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
oh right hatred is phys lmao thanks fml

oh and also about the witch tree, why arent you picking up arcane potency that gives crit chance for spells, you are going through there anyways ? there is 3 nodes that lead to it, you get 30% multiplier crit for spells and 50% crit chance for spells for 3 nodes overall aint that good ?
Last edited by idrgz on Aug 26, 2014, 7:57:25 PM
"
idrgz wrote:
oh and also about the witch tree, why arent you picking up arcane potency that gives crit chance for spells, you are going through there anyways ? there is 3 nodes that lead to it, you get 30% multiplier crit for spells and 50% crit chance for spells for 3 nodes overall aint that good ?

Went for Doom Cast instead that nets you
- 100% Crit Chance and 10% Crit Multi

Arcane Potency gives you
- 50% Crit Chance and 30% Crit Multi

You can alter your own build so the stats you have from gear etc works well together with stats from your talent tree. So if you have alot of spell crit chance and not so much crit multi, then I'd suggest you go for Arcane Potency.
But it's your own choice in the final end to make your stats work the best with what gear you have availeble.
Last edited by Whiteberg on Aug 27, 2014, 1:00:10 AM
I've been running a variation of this build following the passive tree and whatnot, but adding my own spin to the auras / gearing.

Once I get my Cloak of Defiance. I plan to run Discipline so that I have I pretty decent mana pool which will allow me to run Clarity / Herald of Ice without a problem while still being able to freely curse and freeze pulse my way to victory.

I'll end up working in Arctic Armor later on, but I have my issues with the spell. I understand that I'll be standing still most of the time that I am fighting so the mana cost isn't that big, but my question is where are we supposed to be getting the dex to be able to level up the skill to where it will even be useful late game?

I'm working my way through merciless right now with this current setup at level 58.

Gear          

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info