1.2 - Freezing Pulse /w Cloak of Defiance (MoM) & EB .-. Freezer .-.

Im lvl 66 so far and started doing maps 3.7k dps on freeze pulse without power charge on crit gem only using ass mark , and dunno so far it seems like if map unique hits me i go down to like 500 hp i will probably reroll to my armor/evasion ST because this kills uniques too slow compared to 10k dps of double strike that you can easily have at 66 with ST and 4 link, and you just have to get too close and life leech completely rapes mana regen compared to ST where you can have like 10% without any mana penalties, even more if you get carnage and dont mind losing 25% hp. Im capped at all resist but im still getting shitblasted, i dont want to give up but dunno future seems dark.

i know chest is terribad but cant seem to find anything cheapish that would be better with those exact sockets, so yeah dunno what to do .. i mean the clearing itself of monsters is great, but the way you need to kill uniques and how long it takes or how long you clear large rooms seems kinda slowish, maybe i need to take ou life leech to free some mana and put in GMP? so yeah i really like the build and it clear decently but the uniques are a trouble ;/ mb freeze trap would help which i still dont have yet ?
Last edited by idrgz on Aug 30, 2014, 6:58:20 PM
"
idrgz wrote:
Im lvl 66 so far and started doing maps 3.7k dps on freeze pulse without power charge on crit gem only using ass mark , and dunno so far it seems like if map unique hits me i go down to like 500 hp i will probably reroll to my armor/evasion ST because this kills uniques too slow compared to 10k dps of double strike that you can easily have at 66 with ST and 4 link, and you just have to get too close and life leech completely rapes mana regen compared to ST where you can have like 10% without any mana penalties, even more if you get carnage and dont mind losing 25% hp. Im capped at all resist but im still getting shitblasted, i dont want to give up but dunno future seems dark.

i know chest is terribad but cant seem to find anything cheapish that would be better with those exact sockets, so yeah dunno what to do .. i mean the clearing itself of monsters is great, but the way you need to kill uniques and how long it takes or how long you clear large rooms seems kinda slowish, maybe i need to take ou life leech to free some mana and put in GMP? so yeah i really like the build and it clear decently but the uniques are a trouble ;/ mb freeze trap would help which i still dont have yet ?

I'd have to agree. I love how it freezes stuff.. but it's simply too squishy and not viable for end-game.

I'm only at 61 atm but 2.3k hp cause. That's terrible. And the fact that it has no armour simply puts it ages behind other more popular builds that can facetank most uniques and not give a flying duck about it's abilities.

It's a sad day cause I've RIP twice just to get to here to admit that it has major structural flaws. If there's ever a more tanky FP build out there for the Shadow class I will be hooked on it.. But for now I am calling it quits and trying a MoltenStrike build instead.
IGN: NutCracked
Yeah nevermind im giving up on this build too, i just died on thicket 66 skeleton archer boss like 7 times before getting to him he basically 1 shots me with his rain of arrows shit even tho i have 75 all resist and 3k hp and 400 ES at 68, way too squishy unless maybe you play in a group where someone can tank uniques its just no no no. I cant even kill thicket 66 boss that archer shit, 1 rain of arrows drops me to 100 hp literally. Either accept the idea that you will have to skip bosses of pretty much 99% maps and only clear minions or you have to have like 30 ex to drop instantly on decent ES/ARMOR gear otherwise good fucking luck lol.

btw im 68 with 3k hp and 400 ES all resists 75/75/75 but nothing is helping you die from uniques 1 hit.
Last edited by idrgz on Aug 31, 2014, 4:34:09 PM
has anyone got this build to end game?
if not i may as well give up on it now :(
I've made a pretty good freezing pulse witch. I've reached level 83 and have 5.3k gmp freezing pulse damage. I've got 2,4k hp with cloak of defiance and 79% all resistances. I've also got arctic armor for extra tankiness. Im using Clarity+Grace+Herald of ice as auras(i know herald isn't an aura). I've also got the standard Cast when damage taken + enduring cry + immortal call + increased duration and am trying to get the colours for cast when damage taken + temporal chains + molten shell + increased duration. For moving around in a fast pace im using lightning warp+reduced duration+faster casting.

My gear definetly isn't perfect im buying a new ring soon and also i'm thinking about using the very cheap but effective item.

I'm not a shadow but my skilltree goes all the way to the coordination passive. So i could have been a shadow aswell.
Last edited by Lgk2 on Sep 6, 2014, 12:05:44 PM
I'm pretty much at the endgame with a freezing pulse shadow. Level 84, 6.3 k GMP freezing pulse (7.9 k if power charge on crit is considered). 3.8k hp /2.3k mana running EB, with 75% all res. Running clarity, haste, and vitality, and my gear is very armor based (took a bunch of armor and hp nodes). My main combo right now is FP + GMP + Faster Casting + Life Leech + Iron Will (eventually Iron Will gets replaced by power charge on crit, or if i can get a 6 link, will include Iron Will and Power Charge on Crit with up to max of 6 charges). I can solo all maps up to 75 fairly fast, but certain bosses can be tricky, so flask usage is very important.

Here's my gear:

For more MF, I run goldwyrm + aurseize as well as the above.
My Rates (as of 9/14/2014) are:
1 exalt:1 divine:9 gcp
1 gcp:2 regret:3.5 chaos
1 chaos: 1 scouring: 2 fusing: 2.5 alch
Also, always looking to trade for chromes! 8:1 chaos
Last edited by ibanezfreak on Sep 17, 2014, 1:24:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info