1.2 - Freezing Pulse /w Cloak of Defiance (MoM) & EB .-. Freezer .-.

Hi fellow players.

I've always loved Freezing Pulse, and this league is no exception since FP got a 40% buff.
Back in nemesis league I followed Invalesco and his FP build that evolved around Berek's Grip and Cloak of Defiance. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/710629. But since his post is outdated I thought to start this one.

First Draft

Second Draft - Thnx Tempada for input

Third Draft

I updated the build for new players so that they can take 4% Inc Cast Speed at the start instead of the 10% Ele Dmg. It will give you better results. As long as your mana can handle it.

A BIG update based on input from Leszczu Thnx for the help :)
1 difference though, instead of going up and over when you choose the HP nodes above the shadow aread, you go down and up instead. saves you 1 point that can be spent somewhere else.
Won't be a better path if you are going for Doom Cast though.
With input from Leszczu

Other Variations !! CI Build !! Inc Aura/Buff build !! Only for recreational purposes

Final Draft - 40% more crit chance

Talent Tree Progression

Bandits
Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Kill all
Merciless: Help Alira

Gear Needed

Gem Setup
Freezing Pulse:
3L: FP / LMP / Power Charge on Crit
4L: FP / LMP/GMP / Power Charge on Crit / Life Leech
5L: FP / LMP/GMP / Power Charge on Crit / Life Leech / Spell Echo
6L: FP / LMP/GMP / Power Charge on Crit / Life Leech / Spell Echo / Added Chaos

Fire Trap:
4L: Fire Trap / Increased Burning Damage / Increased Crit Strike / Increased Crit Damage

Freeze Mine:
3L: Freeze Mine / Cold Penetration / Elemental Proliferation

Lightning Warp: (transportation)
3L: Lightning Warp / Faster Casting / Reduced Duration

Defense:
4L: Cast when Damage Taken / Molten Shell / Frost Wall / Cold Snap, Decoy totem or Summon Skellies

Aura:
4L: Herald of Ice / Clarity / Arctic Armour / Reduced Mana

Curse:
Assassin's Mark

Buff:
Blood Rage (+ Frenzy charges if you can put it in somewhere and support the Life Drain)

Gear at lvl58
IGN: NutCracked
Last edited by Whiteberg on Aug 30, 2014, 5:48:22 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to rework my FP Witch and this looks like a good start for softcore. What about Coordination and Sniper? That's a nice dps boost, although I understand if you're worried about faster cast speed with Coordination.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
This is exactly the kind of build I'm looking for! Please keep it update as you progress through the new league :)
what gems/auras do you plan on running when everything is set?
I'm running CI Freeze Pulse This my set up. I have 20k GMP.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAv4FQgYjB2MNfA5IEFgRDxEvEVARlhXXFr8W8xdUGyUc3B1PH0EfxyKBJjwnqSj6KgsrCiycLL8tHy2LL501uUGWQsNEq0V8RnFHBkuuTC1Ms1AwVa5WSlZjV8ld8l9qY0NknW0Zb55wUnDVdwd-WX_Gga-CEILHgwmGrocTidOMNo48j6aP-pMnlSCXl5yknqGio6crrrOvm7EFtAy0OLVItve40LmTwcXB88MJy73Q9dlb2jrbXtvn34Tfit-w5RnmgekC6rrr9ewY8h3y4fPq-ej79Q==
Last edited by TomRaidcrash on Aug 22, 2014, 5:44:50 PM
anyone doing this in either league?
How do you stop yourself from killing yourself on reflect?

and does spell echo make the reflect dmg a lot more insane?
building this now any help or advice with gem link and setup? new to POE sorry :s just like FP and shadows
"
idrgz wrote:
what gems/auras do you plan on running when everything is set?

The only Aura that I'm using will be Clarity since I'm using my Mana as HP as well.
Another thing to mention is that you won't be needing that many auras since you will be at around 2-3k * 5 at lvl 70'ish (all depending on gear ofc)

"
idrgz wrote:
anyone doing this in either league?

I started running this in Beyond League. It's tricky at first cause of low gear etc. but as you progress further into the league you will get it going easily.

"
Gekko101 wrote:
How do you stop yourself from killing yourself on reflect?
and does spell echo make the reflect dmg a lot more insane?

My counter for Spell Reflect is Fire Trap, Freeze Mine. It's takes longer to kill the pack but it gets the job done safe.

I haven't tried Spell Echo, but please report your findings back in this thread to keep it alive.

"
ktwilson wrote:
building this now any help or advice with gem link and setup? new to POE sorry :s just like FP and shadows

My personal Gem setup will be roughly like this

Freezing Pulse:
3L: FP / LMP / Power Charge on Crit
4L: FP / LMP/GMP / Power Charge on Crit / Life Leech
5L: FP / LMP/GMP / Power Charge on Crit / Life Leech / Added Lightning
6L: FP / LMP/GMP / Power Charge on Crit / Life Leech / Added Lightning / Added Chaos

Fire Trap:
4L: Fire Trap / Increased Burning Damage / Increased Crit Strike / Increased Crit Damage

Freeze Mine:
4L: Freeze Mine / Cold Penetration / Elemental Proliferation / Increased Area of Effect

Lightning Warp: (transportation)
3L: Lightning Warp / Faster Casting / Reduced Duration

Defense:
4L: Cast when Damage Taken / Molten Shell / Frost Wall / Cold Snap, Decoy totem or Summon Skellies

Aura:
Clarity / Reduced Mana

Curse:
Assassin's Mark
IGN: NutCracked
Last edited by Whiteberg on Aug 24, 2014, 6:19:34 AM
Why you don't use curse - Frostbite? Enemies have less cold resistance and you have more chance to freeze them. I think is very useful curse in this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info