1.2 - Freezing Pulse /w Cloak of Defiance (MoM) & EB .-. Freezer .-.

"
drastik88 wrote:
I've been running a variation of this build following the passive tree and whatnot, but adding my own spin to the auras / gearing.

Once I get my Cloak of Defiance. I plan to run Discipline so that I have I pretty decent mana pool which will allow me to run Clarity / Herald of Ice without a problem while still being able to freely curse and freeze pulse my way to victory.

I'll end up working in Arctic Armor later on, but I have my issues with the spell. I understand that I'll be standing still most of the time that I am fighting so the mana cost isn't that big, but my question is where are we supposed to be getting the dex to be able to level up the skill to where it will even be useful late game?

I'm working my way through merciless right now with this current setup at level 58.

Gear          

To get more Dex for end game gems you should try to gear it out.
Else you can use the last point that hasn't been spent on the "Agility" point left of the witch area.

Hmm Discipline. will the 60% mana reserved be outweighed by the ES gain and regained as mana?
IGN: NutCracked
"
Whiteberg wrote:
"
drastik88 wrote:
I've been running a variation of this build following the passive tree and whatnot, but adding my own spin to the auras / gearing.

Once I get my Cloak of Defiance. I plan to run Discipline so that I have I pretty decent mana pool which will allow me to run Clarity / Herald of Ice without a problem while still being able to freely curse and freeze pulse my way to victory.

I'll end up working in Arctic Armor later on, but I have my issues with the spell. I understand that I'll be standing still most of the time that I am fighting so the mana cost isn't that big, but my question is where are we supposed to be getting the dex to be able to level up the skill to where it will even be useful late game?

I'm working my way through merciless right now with this current setup at level 58.

Gear          

Else you can use the last point that hasn't been spent on the "Agility" point left of the witch area.

Hmm Discipline. will the 60% mana reserved be outweighed by the ES gain and regained as mana?

The world may never know. I rip'd to devourers in the weaver's lair. It's a sad day.
"
drastik88 wrote:
"
Whiteberg wrote:
"
drastik88 wrote:

Gear          

The world may never know. I rip'd to devourers in the weaver's lair. It's a sad day.

Ohh I feel your pain... RIP'ed 2 times already with this build.. 1 time a strongbox lagged me out,, another time I dc'ed and when I logged back in I was In standard league ::((
Last edited by Whiteberg on Aug 28, 2014, 12:50:42 AM
I think some dmg or templar nodes should be removed in favor of inner force and auras.
Last edited by Aggnog on Aug 28, 2014, 5:47:35 AM
"
Aggnog wrote:
I think some dmg or templar nodes should be removed in favor of inner force and auras.

Can you post a link with your suggestion?
My thoughts are centered around the templar tree being pretty terrible and you waste a lot of points getting there. Buff effect is insane and at least inner force works on herald of ice as well so it adds some dps. The effect is mostly defensive (huge buff to mana regen and AA) thought unless you use haste or vaal haste. The summed differences are a loss of some resists and minor mana/regen/power charge but you gain more crit and buff/aura nodes. There might be even more efficient trees but that would require some sitting down and doing math for a few % gain.

Last edited by Aggnog on Aug 28, 2014, 6:54:11 AM
can u do highlvlmaps and atziri with this?
i dont think there is any chance for atziri with this build :D btw would i be wrong to think that doryans invitation cold version is pretty dope with this build?
Is this a build I can follow on Rampage league, or would too many defensive passives if any have to be changed? Otherwise, does anybody have a link for a crit FP build for Rampage?

Thanks.
"
Is this a build I can follow on Rampage league, or would too many defensive passives if any have to be changed? Otherwise, does anybody have a link for a crit FP build for Rampage?

Thanks.

For Standard and Rampage you can easily make this build.
But it's not viable for hardcore/beyond end-game unless you are in a group or playing with friends that can take some of the hits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info