(2.1) Jedi Strike -- litesabr's Doryani Lightsabres - BACK IN ACTION!!

With the nerf to acuity, and the new templar ele nodes, could this build be done with a health and armor focus templar start, hitting ondars and point blank, with vaal pact? I'll post a tree if you want to give more directed feedback.
"
Jmills wrote:
With the nerf to acuity, and the new templar ele nodes, could this build be done with a health and armor focus templar start, hitting ondars and point blank, with vaal pact? I'll post a tree if you want to give more directed feedback.

Sure, I'll take a look at your prospective tree.
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Dec 23, 2014, 1:21:49 AM
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUA-d2LjEqYzGaUXMBmBLOiAPAfaPLhc-0ggpvsOCcvkFUaOMAacYV65mP9RtexQtq5d-VX4uzLT_MTzGn-5CIpT-NqFm_60maegKRV1mTnFy9yqayqWfPcI5J99zKYb-XPtz7GrjwtxPbYvf4KNZJngKgHbbS18ipNPydKyG6qpDnQgUfiIuIVIL6nGbTK0yzphNm9NmVNR34ABhX2Ynlbr90NSn3jn4d2Z6D8xaTCFHVW-taKfyv-un11037veu4OTZIj9qOKjX3_3iT951RRRzB8pldN4_6P8kU64aluKjg=

I think I might want those accuracy nodes next to Galvanic Hammer, but they can probably wait for now.
Last edited by Jmills on Dec 24, 2014, 12:19:23 PM
Merry Christmas! Here is the new version of my build. Remember, I don't use Point Blank with lightning strike. If you want to use Molten Strike, then definitely use Point Blank.

It loses a little life and dps, but overall is still strong, especially with the addition of the counterattack skills.
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Dec 25, 2014, 2:54:48 PM
Hello, nice build you made brah, I was concidering dong it, so I wanted to know what you think about statick strike? This way you could spec lightning dmg-only nodes without loosing dps, and also use a new fresh hot slightly op skill.
"
riveteye_desu wrote:
Hello, nice build you made brah, I was concidering dong it, so I wanted to know what you think about statick strike? This way you could spec lightning dmg-only nodes without loosing dps, and also use a new fresh hot slightly op skill.

1) I tried this "fresh hot...skill" on my guy and was seriously unimpressed. When the DPS gets higher, it doesn't do a good job because you usually kill the guys nearby before the aoe portion actually explode.

2) I don't know why I would want to spec only fire/lightning on a damage conversion skill that benefits much more from speccing into physical damage first. I've done a LOT of testing to find out that physical damage is much better for increasing total damage output than focusing on elemental or just fire/lightning damage.

3) As for comparing Static Strike to Molten Strike and Lightning Strike:

A) Molten Strike gives 3 projectiles, of which I assume 2 will hit. This means that 1 hit with molten strike will give 3 hits total (usually). Here are sample damage outputs for MS and SS.

a1) MS w/o point blank: 1.2 [of base wpn dmg] + (2 * 1.2 * .6)[projectiles] = 264% of base wpn dmg
a2) MS w/o point blank: 1.2 [of base wpn dmg] + (2 * 1.2 * .6 * 1.43125)[projectiles] = 326% of base wpn dmg
b) SS: 1.1 [of base wpn dmg] + (1.1 * .7)[aoe dmg per hit] = 187% of base wpn dmg

For single target damage, Molten Strike is better even without point blank.

B) Lightning Strike also gives 3 projectiles, but is used for AOE clear speed and safety. You don't have to be next to an enemy which can be a big difference when clearing an area like the Alluring Abyss of the blue mobs. Static Strike's aoe portion is terrible for safety because it ONLY happens if you actually hit an enemy; you can't fire them off to hit enemies outside of melee range. Also, that means if you miss with the melee, you don't even get a chance to hit with the aoe like you would with Lightning Strike.

It might be good for a 2-hander or a 1-hander + shield that uses resolute technique, but for a critical striking dual wielder, it's not very good. I definitely did not get the feel that it is "slightly op".
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Jan 8, 2015, 11:45:33 PM
Hi Litesabr,

Quick question - which are would you spec to first while leveling the new tree, the shadow or the templar area. thanks!
IGN: BusinessCasual
Thank you for your great answer, no need to level another skill gem now.
Hi there, how much DPS do you get in 1.3 after the nerfs? And what about reflect?
Hi, I would like to try this build but the leveling skill trees seem to be broken. Could you update them please? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info