Herald of Ash

"
Both Flameblast and Herald of Ash are Ignites. They do not stack. The strongest of the two takes effect, the other ticks down without dealing Damage (-> the order of application doesn't matter).

Flameblast also doesn't trigger Herald of Ash in the first place. You are wasting Mana.

Thank You Vipermagi. I appreciate this info. So, getting rid of ash and replace it for grace.
I think HoA is way too overpowered..

4L Chin sol + Burning arrow + Avator of fire + Point blank
= 20k single shot dmg

= roughly 15k overkill dmg
= around 20k burning dmg per second of HoA

video : 20k+burning HoA in 70 map (TW server)
"
SnowingAsh wrote:

= 20k single shot dmg

hint, you don't need avatar of fire as it doesn't boost damage. for the HoA burn.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Sep 24, 2014, 4:32:45 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
hint, you don't need avatar of fire as it doesn't boost damage. for the HoA burn.

Taking AoF is the best way to boost both attack and HoA burn, all of them are benefit from fire / element passive nodes
Last edited by SnowingAsh on Sep 24, 2014, 11:05:15 PM
"
SnowingAsh wrote:

= 20k single shot dmg

And when an enemy with 75% fire resistance and curse immulity appears, it will become:
= roughly 2.5k overkill damage
= roughly 500 burning damage per sec.

And dont forget, you cannt use HoA with Hatred, unless you got Three Dragons or AoF (half efficiency though).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 26, 2014, 9:31:16 AM
why no hatred with HoA?

Crit + hatred == shatter, true. but the overkill damage is STILL applied to surrounding mobs. there is no problem with that

or is that my lvl 83 cleave/ash/hatred character sees something wrong?

btw after 1.2 there are like 2 mobs with 75% resists. ggg did one correct thing with 1.2 and that was total annihilation of mob resists

btw2 - target resistance does NOT affect bur proliferated from outside! that was and is the reason why freeze mine + ele prolif allowed perma freezing ANY boss. same goes for burn.

Ash + Ele prolif + AOE/Inc Burn ++ slow/hard hit == carnage on an unimaginable scale
"
sidtherat wrote:
btw2 - target resistance does NOT affect bur proliferated from outside! that was and is the reason why freeze mine + ele prolif allowed perma freezing ANY boss. same goes for burn.

There is no overlap between the functionality of Freeze versus Ignite, except that they can both be Proliferated.

Freeze duration is based on Damage dealt versus target's Max Life, and this duration is no further affected by Resistances (that's not what Resists do). That is why Freezing a scrub for ten seconds will Freeze absolutely everything nearby for the same duration.

Ignite, on the other hand, deals Fire Damage over Time based on the initial Hit/Overkill Damage. Being Fire Damage over Time, it is affected by the Resistances of whatever is taking said Damage over Time, whether it comes from a Proliferated Ignite or not.

----------
The fact Herald of Ash inflicts so much Burn Damage that it doesn't even matter that the target has up to 75% Fire Res is indicative of its unimaginable potential.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 26, 2014, 11:50:02 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

There is no overlap between the functionality of Freeze versus Ignite, except that they can both be Proliferated.

Freeze duration is based on Damage dealt versus target's Max Life, and this duration is no further affected by Resistances (that's not what Resists do). That is why Freezing a scrub for ten seconds will Freeze absolutely everything nearby for the same duration.

Ignite, on the other hand, deals Fire Damage over Time based on the initial Hit/Overkill Damage. Being Fire Damage over Time, it is affected by the Resistances of whatever is taking said Damage over Time, whether it comes from a Proliferated Ignite or not.

----------
The fact Herald of Ash inflicts so much Burn Damage that it doesn't even matter that the target has up to 75% Fire Res is indicative of its unimaginable potential.

ive used too big of a 'thought shortcut' (this ofc does not invalidate what youve said!)

what i meant is that burns proliferated in a throng of mobs 'in reality' ignore resistances: initial ignite affects several mobs and as only the biggest burn matters it will frequently be the burn originating from the weakest and least resistant mob. ofc the target will apply its resistances etc but as in most cases groups are mixed the 'source' of burns shall enjoy the lowest possible resistance thus making the 'source' value pretty damn high.

in my recent Ash build i exploit it to the fullest making the 'vehicle' a lightning strike with 95% pierce chance. it works AMAZINGLY WELL

took the liberty of recording small sample of 'encounters' (this is not a clear speed showcase!!) on a white 70 map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjdDOEHr0T8
Last edited by sidtherat on Sep 26, 2014, 12:32:17 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
why no hatred with HoA?

Crit + hatred == shatter, true. but the overkill damage is STILL applied to surrounding mobs. there is no problem with that

or is that my lvl 83 cleave/ash/hatred character sees something wrong?

btw after 1.2 there are like 2 mobs with 75% resists. ggg did one correct thing with 1.2 and that was total annihilation of mob resists

Ash + Ele prolif + AOE/Inc Burn ++ slow/hard hit == carnage on an unimaginable scale

It still works, sure, but with Hatred it isnt reliable at all (except for Fracturing mod on map).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Why isnt it reliable?

Enemies killed directly can shatter - but this does not stop nearby enemies from igniting

Enemiest killed with burn die and leave proliferating corpses.

What is the reason you co sider hatred an issue?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info