Herald of Ash

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Oct 22, 2021, 3:08:02 PM

I run a block/eva/dodge build, with a claw and a shield, with double strike as my main source of single target dps and reave as an aoe. I run both Hatred and Herald of Ash on reduced mana and I must say it's a lot of fun and the dps is considerable
(double strike does 6707 dps unbuffed, 7690 dps with herald, 9000 with hatred, and 9983 with both. with my 8 frenzy charge and both buffs it does 11 999 dps)

the spell is listed as an aoe, so aoe nodes should affect the burst of fire that happens when you kill an enemy.
levelling the gem does not increase the % of fire damage, it stays at a flat 15%, but it does increase the ignite damage on kill.
Is the overkill ignite component based on the fire dmg only? or your total dmg?

Ie, monster is on 10hp
hit with 1000 phys attack
herald adds another 150

overkill dmg = 140? or 990?
Does it work with EK?
"
wooli wrote:
Is the overkill ignite component based on the fire dmg only? or your total dmg?

Ie, monster is on 10hp
hit with 1000 phys attack
herald adds another 150

overkill dmg = 140? or 990?
990. 1140 (1150 total damage - 10 hp) It's all overkill damage.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 4, 2014, 8:24:52 PM
it won't chain reaction, i'm guessing, correct? because in that situation, it might as well be vaal DD
I am also curious about it working with EK, or rather spells in general. It says just attacks, so unfortunately it's unlikely...
@Moylin (Beyond)
has anyone tested if increased effect of auras works on herald of ash ?

the skill does not have the "aura" tag.....
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
It does work with EK, as in: 15% phys damage added as fire. But it does not trigger the second effect, because EK is not an attack!
BTW.: I use it in my EK build and sometimes it causes graphical bugs. There appears some sort of red flash/line for just a split second. One of the many graphical bugs coming with the expansion ;)
"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

"
azamantes wrote:
has anyone tested if increased effect of auras works on herald of ash ?
the skill does not have the "aura" tag.....

You just answered your own question.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info