FoxTactic's - [1.2] Pledge Of Arc 26k dps Updated: 2014-09-08

What is the general consensus on survivability of this build? I'm playing w/ Pledge and Cloak of Defiance w/ 3.1k hp and 1.8k unreserved mana and I get stunned up the ass. The build can't take burst damage at all. I'm thinking of respeccing the aura effectiveness cluster and the inner force cluster and using the points to go into acro and phase acro. Not sure how much resists on Purity of Lightning respeccing gives up, but I feel that it would play a lot smoother.
"
diffor wrote:
What is the general consensus on survivability of this build? I'm playing w/ Pledge and Cloak of Defiance w/ 3.1k hp and 1.8k unreserved mana and I get stunned up the ass. The build can't take burst damage at all. I'm thinking of respeccing the aura effectiveness cluster and the inner force cluster and using the points to go into acro and phase acro. Not sure how much resists on Purity of Lightning respeccing gives up, but I feel that it would play a lot smoother.

i'd say pick up the purity of flesh cluster and then go down to acro while getting those 2 life nodes. only ditch aura buff if u over caped ur res etc...
Ign: Zanosaur
I meant how much additional max res will respeccing out of the aura cluster + inner force give up? Might need to consider getting more max lightning and fire for uber attempts.
Last edited by diffor on Sep 8, 2014, 1:56:36 AM
Like all MoM build you cant get hit a lot in quick succession. After you get hit a few times you have no defenses because mana drained which is 40% of your life/defenses. If you watch foxy play atziri he plays with a lot of skill and avoids hits. It's not like RF acer last patch where you face tank everything because he has only like 79%/89% resits vs 100%

As to your question I rate defenses a B. A being max spell block builds or instant 100% leech acuity builds, or 100% resits builds. B is good but take skills. But this has big DPS so it's very nice compare to more defensive builds. I am playing this and kitty's max blocker and prefer this.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 8, 2014, 2:25:17 AM
I got a bit of an idea to upgrade this build while mapping. The map mod was "players have ele equilibrium" and I didn't pay any attention to it and just kept using ball lightning to curse. I eventually realized I could just switch out ball lightning for a cold or fire spell and that map mop would give me an advantage. I used ice spear and it did pretty well. You could also maybe use arctic breath or incinerate but I am sure there is something else that is probably better I just can't think of.

So it got me thinking, why not take the Ele Equilibrium node on the tree? It's not even out of the way, it's right along Fox's tree.

The only setback would be you would HAVE to land your curse on hit spell before arc, which could be annoying to have to do all the time or you could mess up and hit with arc first and kind of screw yourself over.

I think this can mostly shine in a controlled environment, perhaps on something like Atziri? It could make the fight a lot quicker, but I don't really know the fight very well so I don't know know how exactly it would affect it.

What do you guys think?
Updated

Big changes, have fun

ANd i suppose a lot of the post on this thread is now fixed and i wont respons to those, certainly not:

"Stunned while wearing mom"

Now its coil and kaoms roots, gl getting stunned :D

And atziri is ez now.

8 kills and counting. Gonna post how to do it with this build in the future.
Last edited by FoxTactics on Sep 8, 2014, 11:14:52 AM
congrats just saw the botw and i have to say it looks like my type of build. i had tried your previous dual wand arcer and didnt enjoy it to much, especially at later levels(70-73). it just stopped doing enough dmg to kill faster and sacrificed defense or dps depending or what you needed.

this looks alot stronger and with crafting options, i can make it stronger than always having to find gear. thanks for the build, havent looked at tree yet or read anything except 1st post, but im pretty sure its good. pretty sure make the best arc builds on the server.

just a question though. what gems would be the most important to have quality on in order of most important to least?
Interesting choice of Kaom's Roots. Anyways, neat looking concept of applying Curse on Hit.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
vamoosh13 wrote:
congrats just saw the botw and i have to say it looks like my type of build. i had tried your previous dual wand arcer and didnt enjoy it to much, especially at later levels(70-73). it just stopped doing enough dmg to kill faster and sacrificed defense or dps depending or what you needed.

this looks alot stronger and with crafting options, i can make it stronger than always having to find gear. thanks for the build, havent looked at tree yet or read anything except 1st post, but im pretty sure its good. pretty sure make the best arc builds on the server.

just a question though. what gems would be the most important to have quality on in order of most important to least?

Lightning Warp and reduced duration are the ones i usually end up spending time on. When it reaches 20\20 you warp very fast. For dmg i'd say either fastercasting or crit dmg for gems.

Least important? uhm..

Life leech gem since quality gives it leech rate, and you are using vaal pact, so no Q needed :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info