FoxTactic's - [1.2] Pledge Of Arc 26k dps Updated: 2014-09-08

"
Cambob wrote:
PoE The Build of the Week says:
"This build packs quite a punch considering it was created from items found in the first 10 days of new challenge leagues."

What a farce. This certainly isn't a Beyond build. And to even hint this ridiculously expensive, ultra rarity build was from the first 10 days of rampage is blowing smoke up a lot of players butts.

It is a great build? Sure!
Is it packed with high end items? Hell yeah!
Is it a challenge league build (within the first 10 days) Hell no.

It's just a nice standard build that anyone with a tab of exalts can do.

Well..i've managed to get all items included 5L pledge in the first 7-9 days of rampage...also got items for apeps rage fox's build...really not that hard
"
Cambob wrote:
"This build packs quite a punch considering it was created from items found in the first 10 days of new challenge leagues."

What a farce. This certainly isn't a Beyond build. And to even hint this ridiculously expensive, ultra rarity build was from the first 10 days of rampage is blowing smoke up a lot of players butts.

Fox never said this was a Beyond build.
It was built on Rampage.
All of his viewers watched him get this running in less than 10 days.
I myself got a Pledge and TWO 5l cloak of defiance in Rampage.

Take your baseless negativity elsewhere.
"
hyperion1984 wrote:
"
Cambob wrote:

Fox never said this was a Beyond build.
It was built on Rampage.
All of his viewers watched him get this running in less than 10 days.
I myself got a Pledge and TWO 5l cloak of defiance in Rampage.

Take your baseless negativity elsewhere.

as mentioned in my post:
Is it a great build? Sure! (this is a positive comment)
Is it packed with high end items? Hell Yeah! (this is a compliment)

You may not like my "baseless negativity", but it stays.
Gratz on the pledge and TWO CoDs.
"
FoxTactics wrote:

The one really cruical difference is at Atziri.

During her split phase, with 4 atziri and 1 reflect. Doing that part with cloak of defiance really drains your mana since dmg is reflected back, even with topaz. When i curse warlords mark before shooting, it just barely covers the mana, and while taking hits from flameblasts&stormcalls you are likely to run out of mana and by then your cod is useless, and might drop your AA which is even worse.

This problem does not exist with lightning coil and atziri is much easier now with a bigger hp base pool and just focusing on drinking topaz and ruby during split and look at life.

I haven't tried Atziri yet, but have you tried spark? Attack just one of the clones in split phase using self cast spark to shotgun. I'm not sure how well spark scales, but they did buff it in 1.2.
Hey Fox/everyone playing this build. I'm currently lvl 84 with this gear :

Spoiler

I'm sitting at 8.7k dps and I don't think that's enough for high lvl maps. Could you tell me where you got these 20k more dps ? I need it to get more life on leech, and stop slowing down my teammates in maps.
IGN: MaiBui
Last edited by Gekiro on Sep 9, 2014, 3:50:41 AM
Thank you for replying and answering both my questions about haste and what the Cloak/Voidbringer replacements were optimized for, and as well my inquiry about Ele Equilibrium.

I have found all my deaths are either due to being stunlocked or getting all my mana drained from MoM and then having AA drop so I think I will at some point try your switch to Kaom's Roots and Coil.

As for what skills to use with Ele Equilibrium, I have no idea :P. Ice spear with GMP seems to work pretty well but I'm sure this tactic would only help in few very circumstantial situations. None the less, would be at least good to test and see what the benefits could be.

Also another problem I am having with this build is gettting/keeping power charges in single target situations. Ofc the fix to this would be a 6L Pledge and adding Power Charge on Crit but until then, something else that could be done is switching chain in the Curse on hit link to Power Charge on Crit.

I am already currently using haste and as you said you will be switching to it as well, so having the faster cast speed could make up for the 2 less targets that get cursed and then Power Charge on crit could be introduced to the link effectively.
"
Gekiro wrote:

Spoiler

I'm sitting at 8.7k dps and I don't think that's enough for high lvl maps. Could you tell me where you got these 20k more dps ? I need it to get more life on leech, and stop slowing down my teammates in maps.
]

get ur gems to lvl20
Ign: Zanosaur
"
Techneeq wrote:
Thank you for replying and answering both my questions about haste and what the Cloak/Voidbringer replacements were optimized for, and as well my inquiry about Ele Equilibrium.

I have found all my deaths are either due to being stunlocked or getting all my mana drained from MoM and then having AA drop so I think I will at some point try your switch to Kaom's Roots and Coil.

As for what skills to use with Ele Equilibrium, I have no idea :P. Ice spear with GMP seems to work pretty well but I'm sure this tactic would only help in few very circumstantial situations. None the less, would be at least good to test and see what the benefits could be.

Also another problem I am having with this build is gettting/keeping power charges in single target situations. Ofc the fix to this would be a 6L Pledge and adding Power Charge on Crit but until then, something else that could be done is switching chain in the Curse on hit link to Power Charge on Crit.

I am already currently using haste and as you said you will be switching to it as well, so having the faster cast speed could make up for the 2 less targets that get cursed and then Power Charge on crit could be introduced to the link effectively.

imo its better to keep a PCoC in ur bag/weap swap for 1v1 fights to sub in faster casting.
Ign: Zanosaur
"
Gekiro wrote:

Spoiler

Well first off your pledge is a very low Inc Spell Damage roll. You could definitely try to divine it for a higher roll, that is what I did with mine that was a low roll. Also the Inc Crit Strike on your Voidbringers is a pretty low roll.

Second off there are no damaging stats on your jewelry. Getting cast speed will boost your damage and will make gameplay feel more fluid. Also you can get more spell damage on your jewelry as well.

Also in the case of Fox being at 27k dps, that is with all 6 power charges up and he has max/very high level gems. Gems in an arc build make a HUGE difference. There is no reason to compare your damage to someone else if they have max level gems and you don't.

This goes without saying, but I am assuming you followed Fox's build exactly. If you kind of made your own changes here and there that could also why your dps is lower, because your gear isn't that bad at all. If you have made your own variant to the build, if you want you can link and I can review it for you.
how can he get 6 power charges without the one at the templer start? did i miss something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info