[LVL 100 - Beyond Rank 4] 10.3k Hybrid Life/ES Flameblaster - 50/52 Block - LVL 22 AA w/ no EB

"
IcesPL wrote:
What do you think about using Doryani's Catalyst, and Belt?

I used Doryani's Catalyst on HC normal for awhile until I actually found something that was slightly better in total spell damage and cast speed. You can find a better rare if thats all your looking for. Doryani's is nice for certain builds because of the phys dmg and built in ele prolif but for the cost you can get something similar with the desired stats for much cheaper.

I have never tried out the belt with this spec because thats where most of my life/resist ends up after trying to get AA to work. I like the idea of 1% fire leech and fire damage and will likely give it a shot if I get my hands on it but its not as good as if I was entirely life based.
ign: Vexcid
"
Fresszelle wrote:
Could u add some vids of a normal map?

I mean, no special mobs... or bosses

Just to see how this build works in late game..

Not sure what you mean. The uploaded vids are how the build works in end game. Were you wanting me to do a white map with no mods?

Come check out the stream if you want to see more of this build in action. Been streaming most of my Beyond chars progress.
So far almost level 80 with this gear on Rampage:

All going good, very good build

Why not Vaal Pact + Warlord's Mark?

Ripping to random reflect packs seems like a common problem for flameblast, even for the top-of-the-ladder hardcore guys, maybe even the #1 cause of death for the build for them. If they can not notice/forget to ruby flask and die, anyone can.

Vaal pact is right nearby, +1 curse is right nearby, warlord's mark applies to spells now, the combo makes it basically impossible to rip to accidentally hitting a whole reflect pack even if you forget to ruby flask thanks to insta leech topping your health up between each relection hit. Also fills in for the lack of health sustain for long fights. On top of that endurance charges, flask charges, mana leech, all good things.
"
Why not Vaal Pact + Warlord's Mark?

Ripping to random reflect packs seems like a common problem for flameblast, even for the top-of-the-ladder hardcore guys, maybe even the #1 cause of death for the build for them. If they can not notice/forget to ruby flask and die, anyone can.

Vaal pact is right nearby, +1 curse is right nearby, warlord's mark applies to spells now, the combo makes it basically impossible to rip to accidentally hitting a whole reflect pack even if you forget to ruby flask thanks to insta leech topping your health up between each relection hit. Also fills in for the lack of health sustain for long fights. On top of that endurance charges, flask charges, mana leech, all good things.

Sounds nice for a health based build but my life stays full most of the time as I manage my ES.

I dont have problem with reflect like others because I have 2x the effective health as most of them running their EB+AA builds.
"
LostBearz wrote:
So far almost level 80 with this gear on Rampage:

All going good, very good build

Nice gear man. Grats on 80!
For example, something like this for a level 85 build.

Drops some mana nodes (less important with warlord's mana leech) and a little AoE, comes out with VP and more health due to an alternate pathing out of the templar start.

To something like this at 100

Drops some spell/fire/elemental damage and some mana, gets vaal pact, warlord's mark (life leech, mana leech, endurance charges, doubled flask recharging), 20% increased health, +1 max endurance charge in return.
Last edited by lazorexplosion on Sep 7, 2014, 2:14:20 AM
Another variation would be to add EE, use a 4l arc or ball lightning - curse on hit - warlord's mark - flammability. Proc EE, apply 2 curses, gain another 10% curse effectiveness at the same time.

Doesn't work with flame surge spam, but is pretty sick against bosses because EE is fully effective at reducing resistances on map bosses and map bosses generally have high resistance. Hitting negative resists does double work multiplying the flameblast hit then multiplying the burn damage, so procing EE, flameblasting and procing EE again then walking away can easily end up doubling burns against map bosses.
Last edited by lazorexplosion on Sep 7, 2014, 2:27:32 AM
@lazor

EE would only benefit for bosses. I 1 shot everything else already and adding in any additional gems to the build would be near impossible without breaking something else.

Mana is never a problem so not sure why I would need to run warlords mark. I need the ignite chance and resist reduction from flammability. Mana nodes are needed for mana regen to run Arctic Armour late game.

A lot of this sounds nice on paper but very unnecessary. Adding additional curse is just more time and this build is all about clear speed. Reflect damage is basically a non-issue. Even if I dont ruby and hit a reflect pack offscreen (which has happened already several times) I never charge a flame blast off screen when my ES is low or depleted. I have had full life and ES and crit a reflect pack off-screen and it took all my ES and 1/4 of my life. Had I not been hybrid for the high effective life, I would have 1 shot myself. Im not saying that I am immune to 1 shot reflect but I would argue I am better off than most who haven't tried to get over 9k+ effective life.
Upgraded a ring to get some more mana regen and now running level 20 arctic armour. 2 levels higher than the same build I did before the patch :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info