[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
candoerfer wrote:

For Shadows going 1h & shield does not yield any benefit over going dual wield. This might seem wierd at first glance, since you are obviously missing the life mod from a shield, however due to more efficient pathing and stronger nodes you can fully compensate the Hp loss.

- 80 to 100 flat hp is less than 0 flat hp no matter what nodes u take, so you actually don't compensate for it
- 1k+ evasion is very good for any evasion build and is very close to qualifying as "any benefit"...
- shields give more block compared to plain dual wield
- I believe you can get more res on a shield than on a offhand weap(unless u can use that 1hand with +50% all res)

I've no clue why you are saying such things when there are a bunch of inexperienced people seeking advice from you...

1) I loose 80Hp flat (Crest of Perandus), however I get 12% additional increased life. In total I loose 20Hp, which is de facto negectable. I actually also get 1% additional life regen, which results in 54 life/s. So use that to compensate the loss of puny 20 life if you want.

2) Crest of Perandus was the shield choice in the 1h version and it doesn't really have any EV.

2.5) I loose the leech part of Pernadus, however the increase in DPS compensates that, since more DPS = more leech.

3) You are correct, I have (if I remeber correctly) 12% more block in my shield version. At the end only 70% of that will be effective due to Acrobatics, so ~8%. Since our total block% is more on the lower end anyway, this does not really affect us much. In fact I had to manually recast Tempest Shield every single time in the 1h & shield build, because it almost never reactivated itself due to Doge, Evasion, oneshotting mobs etc.

4) You don't need the shield slot for capping resistances, but if you really want more resestances for some reason you always can get a rare offhand weapon with res rolls.

So the overall trade is 20 life + 8%block chance for 1%life/s, 32% bonus DPS multiplier, tons of crit from Twin Terrors and you want to tell me that going DW has a serious drawback?
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
nevarion wrote:
"
CwDt [4L]: CwDt - IC - Inc. Duration - Enfeeble

from where im supposed to obtain endurance charges?

second - starting fight with flicker and run into random location when we are squishy its not so good, what do you think?

1) I don't generate endurance charges. It's more like a reflect countermeasure. 1 sec phys immunity protects me from the immediately following attacks, which is enough to leech back/kill the reflect rare.

2) When initiating into a pack you don't really care where you land, because they do not impose any threat to you.
When initiating into a boss you should farm up the sidespawns before as I wrote in the guide, to prevent you from jumping into an unfavourable position.
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
candoerfer wrote:

For Shadows going 1h & shield does not yield any benefit over going dual wield. This might seem wierd at first glance, since you are obviously missing the life mod from a shield, however due to more efficient pathing and stronger nodes you can fully compensate the Hp loss.

- 80 to 100 flat hp is less than 0 flat hp no matter what nodes u take, so you actually don't compensate for it
- 1k+ evasion is very good for any evasion build and is very close to qualifying as "any benefit"...
- shields give more block compared to plain dual wield
- I believe you can get more res on a shield than on a offhand weap(unless u can use that 1hand with +50% all res)

I've no clue why you are saying such things when there are a bunch of inexperienced people seeking advice from you...

1) I loose 80Hp flat (Crest of Perandus), however I get 12% additional increased life. In total I loose 20Hp, which is de facto negectable. I actually also get 1% additional life regen, which results in 54 life/s. So use that to compensate the loss of puny 20 life if you want.

2) Crest of Perandus was the shield choice in the 1h version and it doesn't really have any EV.

2.5) I loose the leech part of Pernadus, however the increase in DPS compensates that, since more DPS = more leech.

3) You are correct, I have (if I remeber correctly) 12% more block in my shield version. At the end only 70% of that will be effective due to Acrobatics, so ~8%. Since our total block% is more on the lower end anyway, this does not really affect us much. In fact I had to manually recast Tempest Shield every single time in the 1h & shield build, because it almost never reactivated itself due to Doge, Evasion, oneshotting mobs etc.

4) You don't need the shield slot for capping resistances, but if you really want more resestances for some reason you always can get a rare offhand weapon with res rolls.

So the overall trade is 20 life + 8%block chance for 1%life/s, 32% bonus DPS multiplier, tons of crit from Twin Terrors and you want to tell me that going DW has a serious drawback?

1) I've never seen a one hander that gives 12% increased hp and 1% life regen. If you actually meant that you change the tree to loose hp nodes when you are 1 hand + shield, then I'd agree that you will loose hp, but otherwise there is no way in hell that a decent shield does not increase your hp pool if you keep the same hp nodes.

2) Ok, lets pretend that 1K+ evasion or armour is worthless for any character...

4) Actually I do. I'm using Lightning Coil, Atziri's step, Maligaro's and my neck doesn't have resists, so I have to cap mine with the rest of the slots.

I'd agree that the overall tradeoff is loosing some defence in order to gain some offence. It is quite possibly worth it, like you would suggest, but it is a blatant lie that a 1hand + shield setup does not provide any advantages of its own.
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jul 25, 2015, 8:52:52 PM
Another question! What do you look for in a jewel for this build to consider it good? Is this one good?
Lol, he's talkng about getting the 12% from the tree.

Your resists are specific to your gear choices and the fact that you use a lighting coil and other uniques.

It isn't a tradeoff of some defense for some dps. You lose a small bit of defense to gain a shit ton of dps.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
1) I've never seen a one hander that gives 12% increased hp and 1% life regen. If you actually meant that you change the tree to loose hp nodes when you are 1 hand + shield, then I'd agree that you will loose hp, but otherwise there is no way in hell that a decent shield does not increase your hp pool if you keep the same hp nodes.

As I have explained in my guide, the reason why dual wield is so strong right now (and also strictly superior to 1h&s) is due to more effiecient pathing and stronger nodes.
As it appears to me that you are critizing the build without even reading the guide (or why else would you think that I get the additional Hp from a weapon??) I see no reason to further discuss this matter.

"
wcbigworm wrote:
Another question! What do you look for in a jewel for this build to consider it good? Is this one good?

Good stats for a jewel are:
- life
- dagger specific mods (phys dmg/ iAS)
- crit multi

Decent stats for a jewel are:
- one handed mods (phys dmg/ iAS)

Stats that can be good depending on your gear:
- crit chance

A jewel should at least have one good stat and one decent stat to be worth equipping.
Since most of our passive node choices in the skilltree are quite powerful, you probably want either two good stats or one good and two decent ones for the jewel to be worth the opportunity costs. An endgame jewel should have two good stats and one decent stat.
Hey there! Loving this build so far. I just wanted to know if there can be any improvements made to my items (Other than insanely expensive uniques), or is this gear alright for a level 70?
Spoiler
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:

As I have explained in my guide, the reason why dual wield is so strong right now (and also strictly superior to 1h&s) is due to more effiecient pathing and stronger nodes.
As it appears to me that you are critizing the build without even reading the guide (or why else would you think that I get the additional Hp from a weapon??) I see no reason to further discuss this matter.

Let us set aside the notion that you would want to gimp your hp pool when you play with a 1hander...

It is entirely possible that going dual wield is strictly better than 1h + shield at the moment, but that was never the focus of my first post. I was simply trying to point out that you had declared something as an absolute truth, while it was not an actual fact.

If you believe that I'm criticizing your build, after I've specifically targeted a singular statement in the entire thread, then it is quite possible that there is no point in further discussion with you. But, please, refrain yourself from formulating misleading proclamations in the future.

"
Etherfire wrote:
Lol, he's talkng about getting the 12% from the tree.

Your resists are specific to your gear choices and the fact that you use a lighting coil and other uniques.

It isn't a tradeoff of some defense for some dps. You lose a small bit of defense to gain a shit ton of dps.

Thank you for agreeing with me that his previous statement was misleading. There is in fact a trade off to be made. And while shifting defence resources into offence can be worthwhile, that does not mean there is no choice to be made.
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jul 26, 2015, 10:18:17 AM
"
Hazama13 wrote:
Hey there! Loving this build so far. I just wanted to know if there can be any improvements made to my items (Other than insanely expensive uniques), or is this gear alright for a level 70?
Spoiler

Most of your items need an updgrade, but that is totally normal for a lv 70 character. What you should try to replace asap are your gloves aswell as the Lori's Lantern Ring. Once you have some currency you should aim for a good crit jewel.
You should really swap your shield with an axe. If you feel to squishy, reaplce Rat's Nest with a rare Helmet that has a good Hp roll. Rat's gives barely any DPS compared to an offhand weapon.
Equipping a 1.5 APS axe into your mainhand will increae your ingame DPS by 65%, without taking any DW nodes on the skilltree!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info