[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
Leodeus wrote:
Awesome thread. Thanks for sharing your thoughtful insight on a dual-wield Reave build.
New player here with a lvl 45 Shadow, currently a dual-wield dagger build using Reave primarily with Dual Strike on single opponents.

I just recently "upgraded" to flaying knives in each hand.
If I understand this bug issue, would I benefit with this level-appropriate setup?

Main Hand
Tomahawk
(1.5 APS)

Off Hand
Flaying or Boot Knife
(higher base dmg than other daggers at this level)

This is 100% correct. Your Tomahawk has higher base APS than the dagger and therefore should be used in the mainhand.

"
chesterkmr wrote:
Hi mate!Does this build uber viable?If yes whats dps/hp cap i need to reach?Thanks.

I have talked with several people about uber and the fight seems to have changed (number wise) in 2.0. Therefore I cannot really comment on this topic. This build has plenty of DPS, even half of it should be fine for uber. Acrobatics is really good for dodging her spears and your whirling blades is so insanely fast that evading Flameblasts and Stormcalls is quite manageable.
However in case you do get hit, you have a 70% chance of being dead (Spell Acrobatics).
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
Rugs wrote:
Can you do reflect maps?

This build reaches it's DPS level by having insane attackspeed and not by mindlessly stacking critmulti (Abyssus says hello), so reflect is no problem at all.

Yea, I agree on the no abyssus part, but even small hits need sustaining and I don't see much leech on your gear.

So you have 1.2 from Blood Rage and 0.4 from tree. You are not heavily invested in block or evasion, but I suppose with a life leech gem and some flasks, you might be in the clear. Im playing something similar with VP in Warbands and I could not sustain my damage :/

"
Rugs wrote:
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
Rugs wrote:
Can you do reflect maps?

This build reaches it's DPS level by having insane attackspeed and not by mindlessly stacking critmulti (Abyssus says hello), so reflect is no problem at all.

Yea, I agree on the no abyssus part, but even small hits need sustaining and I don't see much leech on your gear.

So you have 1.2 from Blood Rage and 0.4 from tree. You are not heavily invested in block or evasion, but I suppose with a life leech gem and some flasks, you might be in the clear. Im playing something similar with VP in Warbands and I could not sustain my damage :/

1) Do you use IC - CwDt?
2) Have you already specced into Acrobatics?
3) How high is your total life pool?

Edit: It seems that you have overlooked the 0.8% life leech from my amulet, which basically increases my overall leech by 50% (1.6% -> 2.4%). I can imagine that you might run into problems with only 1.6% life leech.
Last edited by candoerfer on Jul 25, 2015, 9:07:04 AM
Why do you use Added Fire Damage over Faster Attacks? Also why use Power Charge on Crit? I see it as a useless gem now since you can have the same effect on a separate link with Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark. Also is the bug still working where I should equip the faster weapon (stat stick) on my main hand? It doesn't seem to reflect in the tooltip DPS so I'm unsure if this has been fixed or not. Thanks
Last edited by Kimdabrim420yoloswag on Jul 25, 2015, 11:11:12 AM
May i ask what weapon are you using other than the mirrored dagger?
"
candoerfer wrote:

For Shadows going 1h & shield does not yield any benefit over going dual wield. This might seem wierd at first glance, since you are obviously missing the life mod from a shield, however due to more efficient pathing and stronger nodes you can fully compensate the Hp loss.

- 80 to 100 flat hp is less than 0 flat hp no matter what nodes u take, so you actually don't compensate for it
- 1k+ evasion is very good for any evasion build and is very close to qualifying as "any benefit"...
- shields give more block compared to plain dual wield
- I believe you can get more res on a shield than on a offhand weap(unless u can use that 1hand with +50% all res)

I've no clue why you are saying such things when there are a bunch of inexperienced people seeking advice from you...
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jul 25, 2015, 2:57:19 PM
Quick question! For getting a 1.5 aps axe main hand for attack speed increase, does it have to be base attack speed on the weapon only? Also, what other helpful stats should the axe have? crit? resis?

Thanks!
1. More hp doesn't mean as much in this expansion, since you will be get oneshot. Also, the nodes do matter, as it might not be efficient to take those same life nodes with shield node pathing.
2. Yes, evasion is pretty nice, but still not worth it.
3. It is unlikely that you are going to be using an offhand weapon for resists when you can get much better suffixes like accuracy and crit multi. Frankly, you should be able to cap resists without your shield.

What I think candoerfer is trying to say is that the benefits of getting a shield are no longer worth it. I agree with this sentiment, unless you are playing and armour build, in which case you need the shield for the block and armor, as you won't be getting the avoidance from acrobatics.

In fact, the dps boost from dual wielding is so insane, that it makes the build potentially cheaper, as you don't need as a good a weapon to deal a high amount of dps.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Jul 25, 2015, 3:01:08 PM
"
CwDt [4L]: CwDt - IC - Inc. Duration - Enfeeble

from where im supposed to obtain endurance charges?

second - starting fight with flicker and run into random location when we are squishy its not so good, what do you think?
Last edited by nevarion on Jul 25, 2015, 4:45:15 PM
"
Why do you use Added Fire Damage over Faster Attacks? Also why use Power Charge on Crit? I see it as a useless gem now since you can have the same effect on a separate link with Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark. Also is the bug still working where I should equip the faster weapon (stat stick) on my main hand? It doesn't seem to reflect in the tooltip DPS so I'm unsure if this has been fixed or not. Thanks

1) Added Fire gives more DPS than FA and it also increases on hit dmg, which is important for oneshotting mobs.
2) I don't use HoT, because on itself it is pretty useless now. The PC generation with CoH can also be very unreliable (especially in bossfights, where you need the increased crit actually the most)
3) Highest base APS weapon should be slotted into mainhand.
4) Dual Wield tooltip has been wrong since the release of PoE, don't pay any attention to it.

"
TrÎppy wrote:
May i ask what weapon are you using other than the mirrored dagger?

I am looking for a suitable offhand weapon atm, which is why I haven't linked one yet.

"
wcbigworm wrote:
Quick question! For getting a 1.5 aps axe main hand for attack speed increase, does it have to be base attack speed on the weapon only? Also, what other helpful stats should the axe have? crit? resis?

Thanks!

It doesn't have to be an axe specifically, mace's or scepter's can work aswell. The only thing that matters regarding attackspeed is the base APS. Other useful mods could be WED, critmulti or resistances.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info