[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
theAei wrote:
Hey Candoerfer, nice build!
I am planning on making a reave character on tempest league so I won't be able to access the badass high end gear. For end game I will probably transit over to lightning coil. As far as the skill tree goes, what would you do differently for HC? Is dual wielding still superior to 1 hand/shield in HC? I don't really know much about dex based melee chars as I usually play range and cyclone melee. Thanks for your help.

For Shadows going 1h & shield does not yield any benefit over going dual wield. This might seem wierd at first glance, since you are obviously missing the life mod from a shield, however due to more efficient pathing and stronger nodes you can fully compensate the Hp loss.

While it is not required to make any changes in the passive tree, you might want to make changes to your gem setup. This character was designed for efficient high lvl grinding. Even though you generally do not want your character to die at lv 96+ in a SC environment aswell, a death is still significantly less impactful compared to Hc. Taking that into consideration, switching Added Fire with Fortify seems a good choice for Hc characters.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
mascArie wrote:
Can you please explain why Doryani's Catalyst is the best offhand atm? My tooltip DPS seems to be lower with it. Also, what gems should I put into it to get profit out of prolif?

Doryani's is not a BiS offhand weapon, however it is a solid choice for several reasons:
- It eneables you to reach crit cap with an Ambusher
- The WED boosts your damage by an additional ~9%

The prolif effect can be neglected as it is irrelevant for this build.

Obviously everyone has different items, so for some the crit chance part might in fact not be relevant (e.g. if they are using Demon Dagger/Platinum Kris). Therefore you need to have a look what stats are the most important for you and base your offhand decision around those mods.

Edit: The reason your tooltip DPS goes down is due to the fact that the game does not recognize the mace as a reave incompatible weapon and always calculates the DPS as if you were attacking with both weapons. As mentioned in the guide, this bug is only tooltip related and does not affect your actual ingame DPS!
Last edited by candoerfer on Jul 23, 2015, 6:29:03 AM
Hey, great build im just confused about the bug with reave.
So I only need 1 good weapon in my offhand then put a terrible high aps axe/sceptre/mace in my main hand? or have 2 good weapons one high attack speed?
fast dagger -> use it mainhand
slow dagger -> use it offhand with a fast mainhand axe
And if i have a fast aps dagger my offhand should just be pure crit and phys?
Last edited by TrÎppy on Jul 24, 2015, 5:30:07 PM
hey nice build so far
i will start something like this in tempest today, but i have a question
why dont we take Ambidexterity it gives us a huge boost to attack speed or is it bugged as well becouse
reave takes our mainhand aps? so the ias on the off hand does not count right?
Thanks for the inspiration, always wanted to make a DW reaver and now I did (in tempest league/HC tho). So I obviously changed the tree a little for more life, also not planning on taking VP if I can help it.

I did just test the weird bug with the offhand/APS and it seems you are right. However I did not see any difference between a 1.5 APS Axe and a 1.85 APS Axe?
I'm also still confused what stats matter on the offhand. Which work and which don't? For example, does crit multi work? Is the phys damage on the axe of any importance? Some clarification would be good.

Here's my modest gear, Daresso's has been amazing with the free endurance charges, saved my ass already.

Spoiler
Last edited by therealjcool on Jul 24, 2015, 9:43:30 PM
Awesome thread. Thanks for sharing your thoughtful insight on a dual-wield Reave build.
New player here with a lvl 45 Shadow, currently a dual-wield dagger build using Reave primarily with Dual Strike on single opponents.

I just recently "upgraded" to flaying knives in each hand.
If I understand this bug issue, would I benefit with this level-appropriate setup?

Main Hand
Tomahawk
(1.5 APS)

Off Hand
Flaying or Boot Knife
(higher base dmg than other daggers at this level)
Hi mate!Does this build uber viable?If yes whats dps/hp cap i need to reach?Thanks.
"
TrÎppy wrote:
And if i have a fast aps dagger my offhand should just be pure crit and phys?

You are not attacking with the offhand, since it is reave incompatible. Therefore rolls like phys or (local) crit chance are wasted. The nice thing about Doryani's is that it provides you with global crit aswell as WED.

"
testoe3d wrote:
hey nice build so far
i will start something like this in tempest today, but i have a question
why dont we take Ambidexterity it gives us a huge boost to attack speed or is it bugged as well becouse
reave takes our mainhand aps? so the ias on the off hand does not count right?

The node is very weak for this build, since we either attack with the main hand or with the offhand. Also it needs way too many points.

"
therealjcool wrote:
Thanks for the inspiration, always wanted to make a DW reaver and now I did (in tempest league/HC tho). So I obviously changed the tree a little for more life, also not planning on taking VP if I can help it.

I did just test the weird bug with the offhand/APS and it seems you are right. However I did not see any difference between a 1.5 APS Axe and a 1.85 APS Axe?
I'm also still confused what stats matter on the offhand. Which work and which don't? For example, does crit multi work? Is the phys damage on the axe of any importance? Some clarification would be good.

Only the base APS matters. Since both axes have probably 1.5 base APS it is normal not to see any differences. You are not attacking with the reave incompatible weapon so only global mods are important (crit multi, WED, resistances, Doryani's global crit, etc.).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info