[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

Thx m8,but problem is,on torment no chance to find better shield,i mean for better armor,i can't find on poe trade good shiled,same problem is with boots,if i find with better life,then from another side i will lost armor+increased armour. Like i say,no chance on torment to get perfect items.Maybe is better situation for standard league,maybe there is a better choice, ie, greater choice, so I'll wait a few more days until the finish torment league, then everything ancestors in the standard league, so i'm gonna look for that,maybe i'll find better boots and a better shield.
Can anyone tell me what sould i use for lvling ? I mean weapon and gems until i get late
I have one question. What you think about darresos defiance like a cheap option in new one month league?e
"
Dejan_killer wrote:
Thx m8,but problem is,on torment no chance to find better shield,i mean for better armor,i can't find on poe trade good shiled,same problem is with boots,if i find with better life,then from another side i will lost armor+increased armour. Like i say,no chance on torment to get perfect items.Maybe is better situation for standard league,maybe there is a better choice, ie, greater choice, so I'll wait a few more days until the finish torment league, then everything ancestors in the standard league, so i'm gonna look for that,maybe i'll find better boots and a better shield.

Personally, I wouldn't look for a shield with more armor. I'd look for a shield with more block chance. What would you rather have 4-5% damage reduction or 5% chance to entirely negate the attack? Ideal shield for better protection and damage would be:

Prefix

Armor %
Life
Empty - Phy Dam Mod

Suffix

Resit
Resit
Block +5-6%

If you wanted more life you could regret Master of Force and the 3 nodes in front of it. Then grab the rest of the damage nodes to the Shadow start and the 6% life node near it. You lose 3% increased damage but gain 12 max life + 6% max life. Seems like a win to me. Then as you level you'll just get them back.

If you want more damage you should be using a max leveled Reckoning/Riposte. Unless you really need the separated enduring cry/ic setup. Reckoning explodes trash mob groups just running by them. You run up to a shrine with 30 guys around it and block an attack the entire group will just explode.

I use this with 45% chance to block:

Reckoning - Cast on Melee Kill - Molten Shell

Riposte - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - CWDT - IC

Reckoning is procing molten shell all the time so it's up almost 100%. Riposte is procing charges to the point where they're up about 50% of the time. Then a mid level cwdt is using the charges if needed for usually a 2 second IC. You can switch reckoning and riposte if you wanted endurance charges up all the time and molten shell half the time.

Other than that your Golem Ring seems a bit out of place compared to how good your equipment is overall.

Last edited by kan333 on Mar 19, 2015, 4:23:43 PM
"
kan333 wrote:
"
Dejan_killer wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't look for a shield with more armor. I'd look for a shield with more block chance. What would you rather have 4-5% damage reduction or 5% chance to entirely negate the attack? Ideal shield for better protection and damage would be:

Prefix

Armor %
Life
Empty - Phy Dam Mod

Suffix

Resit
Resit
Block +5-6%

What do you think to maybe use this shield?
"

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to the most updated version of the game. I played a bit back when Inferno Blow Facebreaker build was just on point. I am curious how Cyclone trumps Infernal Blow build?

Did around 90k damage without any of these new very strong auras.

Just would like to understand, thanks in advance!
"
Bloodzy wrote:
I am a bit of a noob when it comes to the most updated version of the game. I played a bit back when Inferno Blow Facebreaker build was just on point. I am curious how Cyclone trumps Infernal Blow build?

Did around 90k damage without any of these new very strong auras.

Just would like to understand, thanks in advance!

Hi I'm very wary of Melee damage on Full life, this build could probably use that skill and display a much higher dps number as well, but in practice you'll constantly be jumping betweeen full life and non-full life, meaning you won't have the benefit up all the time and causing spikes in damage.

To the earlier poster asking about possible upgrades. You can up your damage a lot just by switching to a shield that has an open Prefix so that you can craft + flat physical damage on it with Haku. You'll have to give up either really high armour or the life on the shield. My guess is that armour is easier to give up. The plus side is that you can do this even before going back to standard, meaning your damage can go above 100k before then.
"
Hi I'm very wary of Melee damage on Full life, this build could probably use that skill and display a much higher dps number as well, but in practice you'll constantly be jumping betweeen full life and non-full life, meaning you won't have the benefit up all the time and causing spikes in damage.

Thanks for the response, but that wasn't exactly what I was meaning. The gems were just an example of my previous build using an Inferno Blow gem as my main skill. That build was in-fact a CI and therefore had the Melee dmg on full life gem. The question still stands though, what makes Cyclone better then Infernal Blow? Can someone give me an educated compare and contrast? I am using both at the moment and I do not see where Cyclone outshines Infernal. I know I am missing something.
Last edited by Bloodzy on Mar 21, 2015, 2:26:21 AM
"
Bloodzy wrote:
"

Thanks for the response, but that wasn't exactly what I was meaning. The gems were just an example of my previous build using an Inferno Blow gem as my main skill. That build was in-fact a CI and therefore had the Melee dmg on full life gem. The question still stands though, what makes Cyclone better then Infernal Blow? Can someone give me an educated compare and contrast? I am using both at the moment and I do not see where Cyclone outshines Infernal. I know I am missing something.

As I've stated in the first post, I think Cyclone is really fun to play. I've played Infernal/Multi/Splash as well and I didn't have as much fun with it as with Cyclone. The basis of this thread is not that Cyclone is better than any other skill, that's all mostly personal preference. I just made this build and thread to show what you can do with Cyclone + Facebreaker.

But since you asked, to me mobility is the biggest advantage. Second would be that you cannot be stunned while Cycloning but are still able to block. Third, most other melee builds rely on Multistrike which pins you to one spot untill your attack is done. When you use Cyclone correctly you can evade a Vaal Smash for example just by Cycloning through him and still continue to do damage instead of waiting for your attack to finish, get to another spot and attack again.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
"
DeChaoOrdo wrote:

But since you asked, to me mobility is the biggest advantage. Second would be that you cannot be stunned while Cycloning but are still able to block. Third, most other melee builds rely on Multistrike which pins you to one spot untill your attack is done. When you use Cyclone correctly you can evade a Vaal Smash for example just by Cycloning through him and still continue to do damage instead of waiting for your attack to finish, get to another spot and attack again.

Great, that is what I was wondering. Good explanation. I like the idea and since I have already played an Infernal Blow Facebreaker, I am going to keep going with the Cyclone Facebreaker build that you have presented and I am going to see how it goes. Thanks for the reply and the great build guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info