[1.3.0 HC] Zaun's Level 100 Blood Magic Dual Crit Flame Totem (Atziri HC Capable, 200k+ shotgun dps)

Best Curse without power charges is still assasins mark.

The benefit of three dragons is the ability to utilize herald of thunder for freezing and having MUCH higher and more consistent shocks on tougher rares, magics and unique bosses.

While for leveling added lightning and Herald of thunder do quite well to provide shock they dont cut it for endgame exactly.

At some point while progressing in maps the dps for Trash mobs will be so high that shocks dont matter and the only reason shock is "needed" is to make those rares and uniques easier and faster.

Giving up three dragons is surely an option if Herald of thunder is maxed out and maybe even pushed with empower and using an added lightning gem but effectively you lose a lot of damage from giving up added chaos but you gain a little life from a tri-res Life Head piece.

The Option to not use Three dragons is certainly there, its as in most cases a comparison of what stat you want and what you feel you have enough of. Life or damage. In that regard this spec offers a lot of personal finetuning to your liking.
Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Dec 29, 2014, 9:47:52 AM
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:
I dont have a character in Bloodlines right now as im taking a break.

My current gear on standard is

If you look for input on Gear for new leagues i Recommend going for a Tabula if you can afford it, otherwise a cheap 5link.
Proj speed wands with at least decent amount of spell damage or cast speed, proj speed atleast at 20%+ per wand, if possible 30%.

For the time you dont have proj speed, go for a Karui Ward. It will provide you with dexterity aswell, which this build needs to get from gear in decent amounts.

If you want some kind of Item progression id recommend it that way:

Tabula/5link
GMP gem
Proj speed wands
Three dragons/swap to added chaos
CwdT settup and Potion settup with curse, bleed and frozen removal( dont enter maps without it)
Herald of thunder with reduced mana and mortal conviction

Having resistences dealt with you go for maligaros gloves at this point.
After that you keep your eyes open on a Infernal mantle with 30%+ fire damage and either 8%+ spell or blessed orbs to reroll yourself. 5Linked or start to saving up for 150 fusings.
Focus on upgrading jewelry, Amulett with dex life and at least 2 usefull stats. Resistences or offensive stats.
Rings with cast speed and Life/Res

Belt with life res
Boots with life res.

At some point try to aquire one diamond flask as a dps cooldown beside a Vaal Haste gem.

Hope this provides some guidance.

what dps will with this setup?
"
Would it not be better to go EB and run AA instead of blood magic? You would not lose any damage and your survivability would increase. You would essentially have the same build + AA and mind over matter if you run cloak of defiance? The only downside would be not running infernal mantle, which would be similar to the kaoms+searing touch version?

You would lose a lot of damage because you could not use soul mantle. A huge chunk of damage comes from the chaos damage.

I'm level 67 on bloodlines with this build, looking for defensive options as well. I've killed dominus and have done the 24 waves map. Getting chunked for half my hp is not fun.
"
uselocker wrote:

what dps will with this setup?

Pre patch was about 28k or 29k

Now its 25k

"
RIPnRhyme wrote:

You would lose a lot of damage because you could not use soul mantle. A huge chunk of damage comes from the chaos damage.

I'm level 67 on bloodlines with this build, looking for defensive options as well. I've killed dominus and have done the 24 waves map. Getting chunked for half my hp is not fun.

*Infernal mantle (?)

Defensive wise aiming for 4k life, later on 5k with cwdt settup for immortal call should be enough.
If in doubt push the quality on your flame totems for more durabilty otherwise if the life bounces, its "normal" and you get used to it.

Its deceiving but you are usually safe if you dont get to cocky.
Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Dec 29, 2014, 4:31:55 PM
Is it really necessary, considering only solo play, to have a power charge stuff? Without partially relying on power charges I could spend points on something else. What do you think?
"
728587 wrote:
Is it really necessary, considering only solo play, to have a power charge stuff? Without partially relying on power charges I could spend points on something else. What do you think?

Absolutely not neccesary.
Infact for solo play its probably more efficient to just ignore them alltogether.

The amount of attention time and positioning invested into them are not worth the gain, at least in my opinion as damage for soloplay reaches very fast a level where the power charges wont accelerate your kill speed.
I'm having a really hard time bumbing my HP to that starting 4K goal. I've also seen a few posts saying it's easy to hit that 5K tool tip damage, hah, man I must be doing something wrong. I have a lot of gear to upgrade but It's going to cost a literal fortune(well...a fortune to me haha, I might have 1.5 exalt worth of currency) on bloodlines to hit that 5Ktool tip/4K hp/maxed resists.

I'm currently 71 just running 66's/piety runs etc looking for cash. Current build is
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAecC4wQHBLMFQgYOB6UJ9g48FCAUTRRxFm8YkRo4Gj4dFCcvJ-0qEyycLKc6UjpYQZZJskyzVbVVxljlWfNaK18_Zp5o8nGFcql2rHhpffWCB4IQgpuD245kj0aQVZo7m6GezaIAo_KnMKyYrKqtja6zsUK2-ryfwBrAZsEExBXE9s9-0PXUfNWm2Xzfit-w37_hc-Nq6hjsOO087w7wH_Iv8xH2rvcy96b31_jr-tL8Sw==
I took more hp nodes and some resist nodes to fill in things while I find/buy my kit up. Current kit is:

Spoiler

Obviously some of it is not good, mainly getting HP/resists was my only goal to start. Staying alive :P I'll respec out of added points down the road. It seems like anything to upgrade is in the 5-10 chaos range per piece and then exalt+ for a step above that. That's actually a ton of cash for me. Can anybody comment on best first places to start? Rings/neck was my thoughts. I don't feel overly weak per se, my thoughts mainly come from several people stating the 4Khp/5K tool tip being easily reached. I'm not close. 3.4K hp/2500 tool tip atm. @shrugs@

Thanks!
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
A very small optim: you can get +1% cast speed if you take the 10 str node after Elementalist, then refund the two nodes above it (10 int and 3% cast speed) and instead take 4% cast speed in shadow start. Or you can take something else.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jan 1, 2015, 3:17:22 PM

Found this wand mapping yesterday. I can craft spell damage onto it. Was wondering if the wand I found is much better than the current wand I'm using.
Current:
Spoiler
Last edited by Darkith1546 on Jan 2, 2015, 4:34:44 AM
hi guys in the guide it says for more damage to use Elemental Proliferation and Added Lightning Damage instead of faster casting and added chaos. is this still true? or is faster casting and added chaos better?

thanks in advance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info