[1.3.0 HC] Zaun's Level 100 Blood Magic Dual Crit Flame Totem (Atziri HC Capable, 200k+ shotgun dps)

"
Darkith1546 wrote:
"
bangaroo wrote:
thanks for the quick reply

also why blood magic? totems dont seem to eat up that much mana... and could run auras with mana

Looks like it is because of Infernal Mantle. However, the question I have is why take Mortal Conviction if this build does not run any auras?

Herald of ice and Herald of Thunder profit from it.

"
Tyranastrasz wrote:
"
Darkith1546 wrote:
"
bangaroo wrote:
thanks for the quick reply

also why blood magic? totems dont seem to eat up that much mana... and could run auras with mana

Looks like it is because of Infernal Mantle. However, the question I have is why take Mortal Conviction if this build does not run any auras?

Herald of ice and Herald of Thunder profit from it.

Oh ok, thanks. I didn't see OP talk about using Heralds, so I didn't know. Is it worth using either herald? Both? What about while leveling up?

Its a personal judgment call as the life resevred still hurts a little.

In terms of relative strength Thunder is about 50-100% stronger then Ice for dps gain, so prioty lies on that. If your life total allows for a second reservation its worth it, but thunder provides the most with more dps and the Freeze via three dragons.

Consequently its possible to empower-support them and reduced mana support them. So You basically tune them to your liking. Thunder is imo worth while leveling for sure.
Thanks for the great job on this build, love playing it at the moment. One question, what gem benefits most for quality i.e. where should i put my GCP to use post haste. Sorry if this has been answered earlier.

Cheers
IGN: Arrows_and_Morality

A man whose errors take ten years to correct is quite a man
"
Accunster wrote:
Thanks for the great job on this build, love playing it at the moment. One question, what gem benefits most for quality i.e. where should i put my GCP to use post haste. Sorry if this has been answered earlier.

Cheers

It used to be offensive wise the crit damage gem, now im not so sure.

Faster casting, GMP, faster proj all give you 10% more cast speed, Flame totem is defensive wise the best choice.

Added chaos is allmost no benefit, do that one last.
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:
"
Accunster wrote:

Cheers

Faster casting, GMP, faster proj all give you 10% more cast speed, Flame totem is defensive wise the best choice.

Thanks for the answer I guess i'll go with the flame totem gem while leveling it and wait for the others when i can use the lvl20 recepie.
IGN: Arrows_and_Morality

A man whose errors take ten years to correct is quite a man
"
Accunster wrote:
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:
"
Accunster wrote:

Cheers

Thanks for the answer I guess i'll go with the flame totem gem while leveling it and wait for the others when i can use the lvl20 recepie.

Id suggest to not swap the added chaos, its the only gem which is not worth to level up again as the levels contain ALL the damage. Just quality it up once you have done everything or have atleast one leveling on the side.
Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Dec 27, 2014, 4:42:11 PM
Maybe this is a dumb question but if I am using Herald of Thunder do I even need Three Dragons helm? Seems like mobs are being shocked from the additional lightning damage from Herald.

Currently level 63 in Bloodlines. Saving up currency to 5-link my Infernal Mantle. I feel super squishy though. I'm used to running Arctic Armour. This build doesn't have much in terms of mitigation.

Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by Darkith1546 on Dec 28, 2014, 3:32:25 AM
What's the best curse to use if you're not yet making use of power charges?
"
Darkith1546 wrote:
Maybe this is a dumb question but if I am using Herald of Thunder do I even need Three Dragons helm? Seems like mobs are being shocked from the additional lightning damage from Herald.

Currently level 63 in Bloodlines. Saving up currency to 5-link my Infernal Mantle. I feel super squishy though. I'm used to running Arctic Armour. This build doesn't have much in terms of mitigation.

Gear:
Spoiler

i had the same question

why use the tree dragons when you have herald of thunder and/or added lightning gem? i thought both of those shock stuff.... anyone care to explain?

PS. also these added lightning/chaos/etc gems seem to be really boosting dps on the totem(by about 15%+) ? or am i missing something here? seems like those would be the main gems to use
Last edited by bangaroo on Dec 28, 2014, 10:53:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info