MMORPG.com Reveals: Catarina, Master of the Dead and Rampage League

"
AngryCustard wrote:
I personally think that coupled with the large amount of new content the masters provide, rampage is going to be a very fun league.

I don't understand all the hate for standard leagues. Lets be honest, at some point everyone who plays hardcore uses alt+F4 or logs out when they hit low life. How is that any different from resurrecting in town? Alt+F4 league isn't really hardcore... Stop making out that by playing hardcore you're somehow better than people who don't.

Alt+F4 league.... I see you're trying to win friends and influence people here.

Whatever.

Rampage sounds like a great fit for my dual flame totem Templar. That build's going to be tough without the stash full of goodies from junk yard league though. Pray for drops? ;-)
Nice Carnegie reference.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
About "Rampage": gonna have to wait to see what each "level" of the status grants, how many kills are needed for each status, and how strong their effects really are before really judging what impact it'll have.

Example:
Rampage streak 2 kills: attack speed +5%
3 kills: movement speed +5%
5 kills: increased radius of effect increase 5%
10 kills: physical/magical attack +5%
20 kills: elemental proliferation
30 kills: attack speed +another 5% (10%)
50 kills: movement speed + another 5% (10%)
75 kills: physical magical attack + another 5% (10%)
100 kills: attack speed +another 5% (15%)
101 kills: flasks refilled
125 kills: movement speed + another 5% (15%)
150 kills: physical magical attack + another 5% (15%)
200 kills: brutality shrine effect
250 kills: demigod size-growth and all auras at half strength active on you only.
325 kills: exploding corpses mentioned
... is it worth it? is it feasible to kill this many on one map? Is there a boss on the map that you want to build up a streak for the bonuses to use to kill it?

So... it becomes a matter of how potent are the buffs?
Do you feel the need to get the higher bonuses?
What are the higher bonuses?
Can you make use of quick kill streaks then go collect gear and start another one, happy with the early streak bonuses?

When do you think we'll see super long streaks? I'm expecting them during Master missions like protecting the relics with Elreon... wave after wave of enemies swarming you... or the corpses spawning attackers on the way back to the necromancer master.

(Of course, all numbers above are for example purposes only, for sake of argument, and there may be more fun tiers or more bonuses or less kills between streak bonuses... I'm just going off what I've read.)

Seems like a nice touch to the game that could add some strategy depending on how it's implemented. I look forward to it a lot more than random bosses spawning everywhere.

(edit: spelling)
Last edited by Zaludoz on Aug 7, 2014, 10:28:17 PM
"

Ok bro, leave the game nobody care about it.
This new league will be awesome , bye bye.

Good contribution man, "if u don't like, just leave" so trash ...

I Didn't know that someone who doesn't like some features in a game should just leave it without arguing or giving his point of view.

That kind of answer makes me feel sorry for tight brains like urs.. pfff...
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
In the title, there needs to be a comma after Master of the dead. It sounds like she's the Master of the dead AND Rampage league.
"
くりす wrote:
In the title, there needs to be a comma after Master of the dead. It sounds like she's the Master of the dead AND Rampage league.

True, but then it might seem like it's introducing *three* elements: Catarina AND Master of the Dead AND Rampage League. Yay Oxford comma!

Lose-lose situation, really. Pretty sure most readers figured it out for themselves.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Aug 8, 2014, 2:36:12 AM
Can she remove any crafted mod from an item or just the mod added by other masters ...
Domine Non Es Dignus
Seeing all the whining about the new Rampage league makes me sick. Don't you have any faith in the devs? Thus far they've managed to improve the game pretty well and I can assure you they're perfectly capable of understanding the perks and drawbacks of any new hypothetical system, better than the forum "experts".

As far as I can tell from the short teaser, similar system was implemented in Torchlight 2. Easily one of the best new features brought to the ARPG genre and it was core game mechanic, which affected each class differently and significantly and many skills were based around it (some of the most interesting).

In short have faith in the devs, I bet they want to keep the diversity in the game (one of its biggest strengths) and the bonuses will be balanced accordingly.
Last edited by Ire_of_Desire on Aug 8, 2014, 3:31:20 AM
Rampage sounds like a ton of fun!
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
"
ressiv wrote:
"
fgcewoud wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

If it's there it will be impossible to ignore it and still play slowly and take your time.
It's pushing you to play on. And I wouldn't want to play with that feeling in the back of my head.

So you drive your car twice as much above the speed limit, because it's impossible to ignore it, because your car allows it? Jeesh... Get over yourself

Yeah cause thats exactly the same right? It also gives you advantages and its certainly not dangerous. Morron.

Funny how people sometimes make up illogical comparisons and think that it completely blows away something somebody said. While the comparison makes no sense at all.

Nothing is forcing you to either slow down or go for a huge kill streak, they merely give you the option to do so. If you failed to see the point, then there is no point in arguing with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info