MMORPG.com Reveals: Catarina, Master of the Dead and Rampage League

Rampage seems like a lot of fun , to bad i only play hc , but maybe we will have a 1-2 week race or so in the middle =).

Rampage bonuses seems scary though , atleast if you can reflect yourself with it , doing a vaal corpse explosion while near a reflect ele pack can get sketchy , and especially if its in a 2-week hc league :P
Last edited by khemintiri on Aug 7, 2014, 6:26:59 PM
i dont get why every one thinks ambush was so fun tbh imo it was boring i think the hopes to gain more currency from from strong boxes was the only reason i played it. i got to lvl 60 before i gave up do to it not adding any more action i think strong boxes were about as fun as shrines. the new rampage league adds to the action side of the game in stead of the loot aspect which is why imo anarchy and the invasion has been the best additions to the game as far as i think fun goes.

i rather have fun just playing the game over associating my loot rng as fun. just my opinion tho.
got to be good looking because im so hard too see.
Last edited by koez on Aug 7, 2014, 6:31:50 PM
Awesome.

It is EXACTLY what I guessed it would be... No one believed me.. :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Daaaaaaamn, I might just roll another summoner.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
I have been keeping up with these teaser threads all week. Allot of the responses remind me of the fable of the Blind Men and the Elephant.

The blind man who feels a leg says the elephant is a pillar; the one who feels the tail says the elephant is a rope; the one who feels the trunk says the elephant is a tree branch; and
the one who feels the tusk says the elephant is a giant spear, and

rage quits because he doesn't want to be run through by a giant spear.

My point is in until we see the whole damn elephant (i.e. The Patch Notes) we are all talking out of our A$$

Which is fun of course, but often just sounds like butt hurt bitching, to someone who likes their tiny piece of elephant. This leads to pages long name calling arguments over tiny pieces of elephant.

tldr: wait for the patch notes and try to be nice.

edit: grammar and speling

I dont need to see the full patch notes to know that this will suck hard.
The idea that you constantly need to rush and stress out to not loose the Rampage blows as it is, no patch notes will change that.

I dont play PoE to stress out or rush through things.

I was looking forward to the expansion after all the teasers sofar, but now that I see a very bad change that will affect the whole gameplay (I dont play HC cause well desynch..) it completely ruined that.
"
ressiv wrote:
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
I have been keeping up with these teaser threads all week. Allot of the responses remind me of the fable of the Blind Men and the Elephant.

The blind man who feels a leg says the elephant is a pillar; the one who feels the tail says the elephant is a rope; the one who feels the trunk says the elephant is a tree branch; and

My point is in until we see the whole damn elephant (i.e. The Patch Notes) we are all talking out of our A$$

Which is fun of course, but often just sounds like butt hurt bitching, to someone who likes their tiny piece of elephant. This leads to pages long name calling arguments over tiny pieces of elephant.

The idea that you constantly need to rush and stress out to not loose the Rampage blows as it is, no patch notes will change that.

I was looking forward to the expansion after all the teasers sofar, but now that I see a very bad change that will affect the whole gameplay (I dont play HC cause well desynch..) it completely ruined that.

or you know , just play the game with the masters in a new economy and just don't get a high killscore.

Other people might like the killstreak idea , and they might not like the next league , regardless its an optional thing which only adds more to the game and does not remove anything , so in no way is this worse then not having it.

Now stop looking at that spear and get over here to the nice pillar <3
"
khemintiri wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:
"
ripnburn69 wrote:

or you know , just play the game with the masters in a new economy and just don't get a high killscore.

Other people might like the killstreak idea , and they might not like the next league , regardless its an optional thing which only adds more to the game and does not remove anything , so in no way is this worse then not having it.

Now stop looking at that spear and get over here to the nice pillar <3

If it's there it will be impossible to ignore it and still play slowly and take your time.
It's pushing you to play on. And I wouldn't want to play with that feeling in the back of my head.
"
Rampage blows as it is, no patch notes will change that.

This is like saying you hate bacon, but you've never had bacon.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
So far this is looking like a straight up buff with no penalty or risk, unlike the other softcore leagues which each has some sort of risk alongside the buff.

Only way to implement a risk that I could think of would be to make all areas of the game spawn more mobs. Would help with the kill streaks and have its own inherent risk along with getting feedback of what people think of simply having more mobs everywhere.
"
ressiv wrote:

If it's there it will be impossible to ignore it and still play slowly and take your time.
It's pushing you to play on. And I wouldn't want to play with that feeling in the back of my head.

So you drive your car twice as much above the speed limit, because it's impossible to ignore it, because your car allows it? Jeesh... Get over yourself

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info