Gamespot Reveals: Elreon, Loremaster

"
http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/416/4161502/2615796-loremaster_04.png

Looks like I've found my new wallpaper :)

Chris, when are you guys releasing the next wave of Supporter Packs? I want to shower you all in dollar bills as soon as possible.

some time ago GGG stated there will be no new packs in near future. Probably they add some with new expansion next year.
"
Alros wrote:
If you say 1-2% Mana Leech I guess you mean from physical damage?
If so I hope there will be a mouseover with additional info or a lot of new-ish people might be annoyed when they find out they spent 5 Chaos on nothing (if caster other than EK for example.)

ek doesnt leech from phys on jewellery either, leech from physical attack damage on items is attack specific.

I really like the idea of being able to replace a single mod on an item. Thats very exciting and as people have said, fair to those who previously yolo exalted things etc. I think if we can replace a stat of our choice with another of our choice thats very powerful and a long needed change to crafting, but balanced as long as its 1 stat per item and we cant roll top tier stuff. People who have been expressing concerns with not being able to do endgame because they cant roll T1 stats etc, I think ull find that even if they limit us to T4 stats this will be a powerful new tool that is a gigantic improvement over how crazy the costs of adding a stat you wanted previously and will be more than enough to add significant in game value to your item.

Am I the only one whos fine with this shop button btw? I really didnt like the $ sign when I first saw it back at the start of open beta. To me that symbol being on the bar felt a lot more distasteful that a 'shop' button. I cant help but notice both of them, and Im quite capable of ignoring both despite this. Shop explains itself more, which is a good thing imo. It will mean more money for the game, which means Cris has more money to put into developing things we want in the game, less financial stress on top of the stress us arseholes put on him with our endless QQ etc. Come on guys, we can live with 4 tiny letters, of all the things weve suffered for our love of this game these 4 letters are surely insignificant.
I would like to say the new expansion looks awesome. Alas the new ui is part of it and looks so bad it may put me of playing altogether.

Maybe you think i am just a whiner or whatever but i wouldn't enjoy driving a £250k Ferrari with a big pink dildo sticking out of the hood anymore than i would enjoy playing an awesome game with a ui that makes me want to puke.

Plz keep old ui.
HYPE HYPE HYPE
Trailer game me chills! Elreon is so dark and scary! +1 Master for me (Vorici too ofc)
Amazing job GGG! Waiting for more crazy mindblowing stuff!! :D
Btw the new UI is very classy and much more smooth! I like both the new and the old.
CI >> Life
Last edited by sonafab on Aug 5, 2014, 6:39:19 AM
You could always put a black condom on the dildo and be done with it.
Likewise you could stick a post-it on the shop button.

I don't like the shop button myself, but it won't make me quit.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
sidtherat wrote:
@twistertrip

Your passive aggresive tone does not make me feel like respondto all your 'points'

But do you really think that all these golden sparkles on new flasks (your own screenshot) are necessary and add a value to the flask icon? These are kitch additions. Compare to old flask (except few uniques and sanctified that unfortunately are similar to new ones..)

There are ornaments and there are cheap golden blobs. One is timeless art and the other is reserved for people commonly known as having a bad taste

Same with these new fladk slots. Rectangular shaped (and too small btw) slots thah hold oval fladks? What? What for?

Golden wings? How these wings fit to anything? It is like taking roman colums, da vinci paintings, dali's sculptures and geiger Alien and slapping them together. It wont create uber masterpiece but cheap piece of kitch

That's fair enough.

Concerning the possible new flasks, and even a fair tangent to the would be crafting screen in it's current form compared to the mtx wings we have on offer now, I think my first statement can generally cover it.

"
TwistedTrip wrote:
I find the wings within the crafting screen to be quite mesmerizing. I like it, however I'm not one for the mtx wings. That doesn't mean it's not a good idea, or that others won't enjoy it, it's just something that I don't personally like.

But to elaborate, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Art is subjective, if not one of the most subjective categories (In my opinion, lol). Bad taste, could just as easily be derived from a certain perspective from a larger audience denouncing their distaste.

I think the mtx wings in the store are tacky, and don't suit the style that the larger majority of content in PoE line up with. I believed PoE to go for a more.. realism fantasy look if you can understand what I'm getting at. Not a fairies/angel and demon type of aesthetic that I feel these wings give off. There is no natural alignment that suggests we would gain or achieve wings within PoE, yet here they are. People seem to enjoy them as they are a very popular mtx.

Defending my statement, I could liken the golden wings that surround the crafting screen to the temples of act 3 that bristle with an abundance of gold colours and hues that support the overall appeal, you could then tie this into gem creation based on the act 3 lore concerning the existence of gems within PoE. It might be a stretch, but I honestly don't think it matters. We as players do have a certain amount of input, into how GGG designs their game but ultimately it's their choice.

I remember posts on the forums about the conquerors supporter pack and where these purple wings might have come from within PoE, this did not bother me as much, If I got deep I could probably determine that it could be a foreseeable back attainment that an exile might actually be able to make with the help of dyes to insight fear into their enemies or present themselves as more of a threat.

To cut a long story short, there will always be the good with the bad whatever the situation however we personally see it, it's something you take into consideration when being part of that event/moment. We weigh the options to determine what we do, or how much we are willing to accept or deny.

I like the gold flare on the higher tier flasks, for me it illuminates a higher status/position on the rung from low to high level flasks. Is it bad taste? Maybe.. do you have bad taste for not finding it appealing? or are you to modest? Maybe, it's personal opinion. The majority of decisions if made public is usually defined by the largest crowds personal view. Many fortunes in life have been made by people who were constantly told it couldn't be done.
#NeverGoing90
"
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
Please help me to understand, where you feel there has been a change of 'busy design' between the old and the new..
Spoiler
If this is your indication of colour change, I would hardly call it busy design. It may be more overt but I'm struggling to see this busy design. If anything, in my opinion it looks less obstruct. I won't include this within the flasks, as we already have tier set flasks that become more flamboyant as you interchange them to higher ones. You have a problem with them too?

I didn't notice the change to the Flask sockets before. I kinda dislike that the bottom of the new potion sockets are curved, it just doesn't fit the rectangular/cube prism shaped flasks.

Yeah that's what slightly bugged me Nicholas.
#NeverGoing90
HYPE!!!
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

Chris Wilson.

Put the new UI as default UI. Leave a checkbox in the settings to be able to put back the old UI.

Path of Exile is now 100% gold for anyone given the fact that you can choose the UI you like the most.

New user will have the new UI by default and most of them will keep it and be satisfied with it.

So don't bullshit us, it's easy to do and everyone will be happy.
"

So so far we have armor, sockets/links, jewelry, so what's next?
Weapons most probably, maybe gems, flasks? But still what will be the final one?

My vote/hope is the final one will be a Master Cartographer. Master specific Map Mods anyone?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info