Gamespot Reveals: Elreon, Loremaster

wow! cool update news! :D
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
"
sidtherat wrote:
new UI and new flasks are student-level examples of 'busy design'

sorry to say, but these changes destroy something GREAT with something that.. well.. is a text-book example of 'kids, this is something to avoid'

jewelry crafting - if it allows life rolls - just solved most 'crafting' issues. getting mana leech guaranteed on a 'modest' amulet for so cheap is GREAT. i hope for 'life on hit' rolls on jewelry as these are surprisingly effective when stacked and for flask mods on belts. these are VERY good but sadly are very rare

new skill.. AOE++

cant you think of some way of making ranged less >> melee? spectral throw was THE biggest mistake you did i hope the solution to ranged>melee shall be less disastrous..

btw these 'wings' in the crafting screen.. who taught you that this is a good idea?.. first thing to remove are these wings and then please fix (revert) flasks.

oh and black-on-dirty-orange button (menu) is.. why? why?

Ever thought about providing constructive criticism?

Also, I find the wings within the crafting screen to be quite mesmerizing. I like it, however I'm not one for the mtx wings. That doesn't mean it's not a good idea, or that others won't enjoy it, it's just something that I don't personally like.

What's wrong with the flasks? Could be useful to indicate why you don't like them, instead of just mentioning revert. With the first teaser of the ui and the following, I personally didn't like the small space between the flasks at the bottom. I guess, maybe I was used to the previous ui. It seemed to hug the flasks, a possible cradle of how important these potions were between life and death.

That is a minor concern for me, what was slightly more annoying was the statue change. I liked how they wrapped around each globe as though they were (are) chained to the very essence which upholds our characters, giving a definite flavour and possible subconscious lore which we take in as we play. The short lived remade statues, seemed unfocused and very sidelined in terms of each globe.

Please help me to understand, where you feel there has been a change of 'busy design' between the old and the new..
Spoiler
If this is your indication of colour change, I would hardly call it busy design. It may be more overt but I'm struggling to see this busy design. If anything, in my opinion it looks less obstruct. I won't include this within the flasks, as we already have tier set flasks that become more flamboyant as you interchange them to higher ones. You have a problem with them too?
Spoiler
Do you consider those busy design? How about our unique flasks to be busy design?
Spoiler
I want to understand your point of view, explain to me in detail what it is that makes..
Spoiler
theres possible new flasks, as opposed to what we have now busy design? Feel free to also expand upon your iteration of the ui busy design, as I have mentioned I'm not quite seeing what you see, maybe I have missed something.

Moving on, skills are always controversial. I don't have a strong debate for the ranged/melee affair, I have played both to a great degree. There certainly is a reasonable disparity between the two, it's a tough call how to exactly tackle it. I think others would be more adept than myself to provide greater solutions, however in saying that I don't believe it's as bad as it has been in the past. GGG, have certainly tried to close the gap in my opinion.
#NeverGoing90
Mod tiers and orb prices for ring/amulet crafting look pretty much perfect. Is there an option to remove the most recently added non-craft mod on 6 mod items (or a specific/random mod in the case of items that spawned with 6 mods)? 5 mod items will generally be superior and more valuable if not, which would be somewhat counterintuitive.

Great addition either way; the continuing lack of a solid semi-deterministic crafting system was a rather glaring hole in the games overall design.

Shop button would look much better as the shop coin symbol btw.

IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Aug 5, 2014, 4:33:00 AM
I will definitely buy like 500 points to support GGG and officially buy this addon! :D
I'm very excited by the new expansion's Forsaken Masters and crafting possibilities.

However there's one thing that worries me (but it seems i'm the only one worried here) :
"
Says Wilson, "It's a little bit like The Sims, to be honest. We didn't expect we'd take this direction with this part of the expansion, but you get to place these props around your library, and our developers are addicted to sitting there and making little houses."

Since I've not tried it yet, i don't know everything about Hideouts but that The Sims reference and the fact that devs 'are addicted to sitting there and making little houses' makes me wonder if the game could go in that direction in the future.
I know, if i don't like to play 'Housing' i can just skip it and let those who like that enjoy it. I just wonder if the game is going in that direction.
Also i hope beside crafting, hideouts could be part of a new trading system like someone suggested in another thread.

And where is the dragon ?
@twistertrip

Your passive aggresive tone does not make me feel like respondto all your 'points'

But do you really think that all these golden sparkles on new flasks (your own screenshot) are necessary and add a value to the flask icon? These are kitch additions. Compare to old flask (except few uniques and sanctified that unfortunately are similar to new ones..)

There are ornaments and there are cheap golden blobs. One is timeless art and the other is reserved for people commonly known as having a bad taste

Same with these new fladk slots. Rectangular shaped (and too small btw) slots thah hold oval fladks? What? What for?

Golden wings? How these wings fit to anything? It is like taking roman colums, da vinci paintings, dali's sculptures and geiger Alien and slapping them together. It wont create uber masterpiece but cheap piece of kitch
Great update; thanks for keeping us posted Chris.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
sidtherat wrote:
Golden wings? How these wings fit to anything? It is like taking roman colums, da vinci paintings, dali's sculptures and geiger Alien and slapping them together. It wont create uber masterpiece but cheap piece of kitch

I rarely agree with Sid, but this time he is right. New design of flask/flask space is rather cheap one, I prefer simplicity of current layout.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Aug 5, 2014, 5:13:47 AM
Apart from it looking great and thanks GGG and all that which has been repeated many times and rightly so, doesn't anyone else think that Elreon sounds scarily like Dominus?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
Please help me to understand, where you feel there has been a change of 'busy design' between the old and the new..
Spoiler
If this is your indication of colour change, I would hardly call it busy design. It may be more overt but I'm struggling to see this busy design. If anything, in my opinion it looks less obstruct. I won't include this within the flasks, as we already have tier set flasks that become more flamboyant as you interchange them to higher ones. You have a problem with them too?

I didn't notice the change to the Flask sockets before. I kinda dislike that the bottom of the new potion sockets are curved, it just doesn't fit the rectangular/cube prism shaped flasks.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 5, 2014, 6:10:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info