August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #2

"
DigitalDreams wrote:
In fact the current UI is fine, why fix something that isn't broken

That's like saying "why try to improve something that is already good".

Luckily most people don't think like that, hence why I'm not writing this on an 8086 running 86-DOS.

I agree that a lot of the changes aren't ideal, but this is a process, that's something that people fail to understand. If they simply took the reworked menu from this concept alone that in my opinion would justify the entire process, any other insight they gain towards the end-outcome is worthwhile.
"
bitV wrote:
"
DigitalDreams wrote:
In fact the current UI is fine, why fix something that isn't broken

Luckily most people don't think like that, hence why I'm not writing this on an 8086 running 86-DOS.

I agree that a lot of the changes aren't ideal, but this is a process, that's something that people fail to understand. If they simply took the reworked menu from this concept alone that in my opinion would justify the entire process, any other insight they gain towards the end-outcome is worthwhile.

Too bad it's not an improvement and by "fixing" something that's not broken they're actually breaking it.
IGN: ScionHasTheNicestAss (SC)
I really really really really hate the new UI. I agree with most people that the new statues are bland and boring. I also with most people in that I liked the chained motif. They were tied to life and mana as if they were part of the world. The way they looked made them seem they could have been part of the lore. Even if they were symbols instead of people that would have been interesting for the lore.

The new menu button is stupid. Why do I have to press another button to get to the menu buttons I want?

The shop button looks horrid. Really generic and doesn't fit with the UI. Why can't it be a pretty emerald button or something? The button is totally a bland hamfisted button.

Flask area is really bad. It doesn't look like anything is supposed to be placed there. The flasks don't even look like they fit. The flasks should be on a fancy pedestal with some space to give it importance. But the new UI is ignores the flasks shape and size.
Last edited by BlazeShield on Jul 29, 2014, 1:46:17 AM
WTF? thos new UI is horrible, the chained ladies arem uch better then this new guys.......also, i dont like the new shop button, plz kp the old ui
"
Erik wrote:
... That the the left statue could be seen as male sure was a surprise to me!

Hi Erik... I generally love your work, but those statues aren't your best work (being honest and without wishing to sound harsh).

They appear to have simply been lifted from Greek mythology:

- Guy on the right = version of Zeus lying down:
Spoiler

- Rubenisque Mother on the left = one of these girls lying down:
Spoiler

and are better suited for games like Age of Empires instead of a brave new IP like Wraeclast.

Also if you are to change them... why take away 2 attractive statues (irrespective of sex) and replace them with 2 old/ugly statues? Neither the old man or fat lady are attractive. I'm not saying they have to be un-realistic models like in anime etc, but the current ones look like they stepped out of a S&S tale.

Other feedback (on top of that posted previously) is that I now think the flasks SHOULD have more black space around them. In this current example the flasks just seem too crowded.

Cheers and I appreciate your work.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
My 2c,

Menu and Shop buttons look cheap and don't fit into the new clean and upgraded look.

To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
"
Kaysee wrote:
"
Erik wrote:

Hi Erik... I generally love your work, but those statues aren't your best work (being honest and without wishing to sound harsh).

Spoiler

Spoiler

and are better suited for games like Age of Empires instead of a brave new IP like Wraeclast.

Also if you are to change them... why take away 2 attractive statues (irrespective of sex) and replace them with 2 old/ugly statues? Neither the old man or fat lady are attractive. I'm not saying they have to be un-realistic models like in anime etc, but the current ones look like they stepped out of a S&S tale.

Other feedback (on top of that posted previously) is that I now think the flasks SHOULD have more black space around them. In this current example the flasks just seem too crowded.

I can't understand why do you think the woman is fatty. Stupid beauty standards.

On topic: I think the roman-like art suits well the game. It needs to be better implemented though.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"

You clearly don't get the wisdom behind the quote and totally missed the mark on what the phrase conveys.
"
Kaysee wrote:
"
Erik wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

great post :)

also: a button that says "menu" and has a simple arrow pictogram on it doesn't fit the theme as well as the rather obscure, but interesting symbols did.
"
bitV wrote:

Way to totally miss the important half of his sentiment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info