The Countdown to the Next Expansion is On!

"
FILM wrote:
Time to use all my vacation daysssss

Shit man, I wish I had more to use.. I took a day for ball lightning (WHAT A JOKE), and another for the 1M.. Really wish I saved those days now, but w/e...

On another note, why can't they release the expansion on a weekend just like they did with the 1m?
IGN Ken__Kaniff
"
"
Knightmare101 wrote:
Man it was SOOO nice having the 1 month released on a Friday night (US)...

I'm pretty bummed that the expansion is being released on a Wednesday.. For us people that work 40 hours a week, it really sucks not being able to fully participate in those first, crucial days. Really wish GGG would stick with releasing new leagues on weekends... :(

Who says you have to start on the day the leagues come out or that you cant start the very next day or when you come home from work? And yea lets push all releases from now on to like 3 to 4 days later so some people who work get their weekend marathon.

Do you realize how much of a disadvantage your at by starting a day late? I guess not...
Shit, I'm already at a disadvantage by having to work 40hour+/week, let alone not being able to go hard day 1... Cmon man!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
<deleted>
IGN: GoldenPepe
Last edited by Genocider on Dec 22, 2018, 4:06:40 PM
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

On July 3rd (20 days ago), Chris wrote:

We'll be running a special one-month event starting the weekend after Ambush/Invasion end (Friday July 11, US time). The details of its properties will be revealed in a few days. During this event we'll be announcing details of the new mini-expansion that will be released in August. New challenge leagues will start when that expansion is released.

On July 17th (6 days ago), Chris wrote:

We'll post some screenshots of upcoming content (that doesn't spoil the theme of the expansion) next week and will start teasing expansion content towards the end of the week. A firm release date will probably be announced around that time also.

No other real mentions here in the news section. Since 6 days ago he said no firm date to announce yet, your butthurt seems misplaced.

August 9 was mentioned in reference to 1.2 release somewhere.

Found it...

We're running a one-month league event from noon Saturday July 12 (NZ time) to noon Saturday August 9 (NZ time). Today's news post covers the details of the event and congratulates the winners of the Ambush and Invasion challenge leagues. Update: We'll also be running a hardcore event with the same rules at the same time!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/962797

I personally did not expect the nearly 2 week down time between the end of the one-month leagues and the 1.2 expansion.

That quote has nothing to do with 1.2 at all. It's simply the time frame for the one-month league. Nothing about 1.2 or Expansion mentioned. If people read into what isn't written, that's their problem, not GGG's.

I agree Chris never gave a 1.2 release date until now. However, it was said the 1-months ended August 9. And from here, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/948132 with comments such as:

"Our estimated release date for the mini-expansion is mid-August. This is a total of five months of development time..."

"With the four-month Ambush and Invasion leagues ending on July 6 (NZ time) and the new challenge leagues being released alongside the expansion just over a month later, we are going to fill the one month gap with something exciting (probably a one month league or pair of leagues starting on roughly July 12)."

When it's near the end of July, a count-down timer gets patched into the game, and the timer says 27+ days... people are going to start asking questions or even be annoyed I guess. When I first saw the count-down timer and it said 27+ days, a "27 days... what?" went off in my head. Only momentarily though. After that the login process completed and I was off playing the game. I know delays happen, so I just blew it off. And as you said, GGG never said exactly "when" until now. The August 9 or Thursday after was wishful thinking on my part, though based on GGG comments.

There are six classes at the moment and we see SEVEN characters in the teaser artwork. New class? O.O :OOOOO #wtf #hype #omg #yolo
"
dyankov wrote:
There are six classes at the moment and we see SEVEN characters in the teaser artwork. New class? O.O :OOOOO #wtf #hype #omg #yolo

There are 7 classes right now.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Galtrovan wrote:
I agree Chris never gave a 1.2 release date until now. However, it was said the 1-months ended August 9. And from here, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/948132 with comments such as:

"Our estimated release date for the mini-expansion is mid-August. This is a total of five months of development time..."

"With the four-month Ambush and Invasion leagues ending on July 6 (NZ time) and the new challenge leagues being released alongside the expansion just over a month later, we are going to fill the one month gap with something exciting (probably a one month league or pair of leagues starting on roughly July 12)."

When it's near the end of July, a count-down timer gets patched into the game, and the timer says 27+ days... people are going to start asking questions or even be annoyed I guess. When I first saw the count-down timer and it said 27+ days, a "27 days... what?" went off in my head. Only momentarily though. After that the login process completed and I was off playing the game. I know delays happen, so I just blew it off. And as you said, GGG never said exactly "when" until now. The August 9 or Thursday after was wishful thinking on my part, though based on GGG comments.

To me, August 23rd is still close enough to mid-August that those quotes ring true. August 9th, or really even before August 15th, is just truly wishful thinking on people's parts.

In the end, EXPANSION HYPE!!!!
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
dyankov wrote:

There are 7 classes right now.

The new class talk, counting aside, also completely misses the prior comments made about how such things take an amount of effort, and that we wouldn't be seeing such in the next mini-expansion (but might in the next major Expansion [January])...

Very interesting those that put the silhouettes to mean new gender options, which has been an item of talk, as this might just prove to be true.

However, I wouldn't be so surprised if we actually saw the alternate genders first as exiles before being playable... just a thought on all that prior talk about voice acting not being cheap...
"
twistedforce wrote:
wow I want that background

Here's the link to the background
http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/image/layout/tease.jpg?1405993289
Hyyyype!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info