As a racer, I am now extremely scared... :S
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Looks cool! :-)
IGN: Caydranth
"
unsane wrote:
"
Coal48 wrote:
These new boss fights don't inspire joy to me, there has to be mechanics/balance changes in order to accommodate them, otherwise they will plain become way too hard

Don't you mean way too easy? Adding mobs to any fight makes the fight easier, since you can refresh flask charges.

I would like to see your face after discovering that new brutus has soul eater affix.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
IMO, this and the previous teaser fail spectacularly to arouse interest -- this is the kind of stuff that goes better with known media outlets, considering it's aimed at new players.

Daily news posts aren't and shouldn't be aimed at new players, I say.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
The new fights look cool but I really hope you're not focusing on re-doing low level content.

They should, because the game has problems with that part. Merveil was the worst act boss in the whole game, and generally as a boss it was not that good designed.
The new attacks look interesting and I'm always in favor of a graphics upgrade. However, I'm leery about the addition of skeletons or any mob to the Brutus fight for reasons others have already stated.
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
The new fights look cool but I really hope you're not focusing on re-doing low level content.

They should, because the game has problems with that part. Merveil was the worst act boss in the whole game, and generally as a boss it was not that good designed.

I would be totally okay if they spend 60% of their resources of the next expansion into improving act 1 and other game parts and the other 40% into new content.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
I wonder if map versions of those bosses will be upgraded too...
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Kind of mixed feelings on the revamped boss encounters. Throwing trash mobs in them actually is (somewhat) build enabling in certain cases (dominating blow in particular), makes gaining flask charges easier, and will (probably) make them a bit more engaging. It's been a long time since I've had the pleasure of actually giving a shit about the brutus/mervail fights.

On the other hand, it does kind of ruin some of the "They don't have an army because they don't need one" mystique of the fights, and seems like it could make them a bit "busy" - they're some of the few fights where single target skills can actually shine at the moment.

Ultimately, GGG probably knows what they're doing, so wheeee, hype.
Is there "less" desync in the current brutus fight for people with a better connection to GGG's servers? Changing the fight like this really only makes sense if they first deal with the hook issues - and there hasn't been any official comment on that :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info