Screenshot of New Brutus Fight

"
levy42088 wrote:
Just because we have 24 pairs of pants doesn't mean we are supposed to wear them all at once, right?

It's going to sound close minded, but I believe the 24 character slots are for people with ADHD and Hoarders who can't concentrate on 1 character at a time, and don't want to delete the character when they are bored of it.

The fact that Path of Exile has 24 character slots, doesn't have to mean the game is made for people to have 24 characters at once.

what are you so mad about? Char slots are there for people like me who love to make new chars and do races and the 4 month leagues, it has nothing to do with hoarding or whatever you think it is.

What are you expecting here anyways? To get to lvl 100 and then a higher lvl cap? Thats not going to happen. You expect PvP to ever be as fun as PvE? Not going to happen either. making new chars is the basic rule for an arpg.
"
levy42088 wrote:
These games are "1 Char For Life" as you said. A character is your Avatar in the game world. Does it make sense that you should have multiple versions of yourself? 1 person = 1 Avatar.

My Avatar is Lokailith. Lokailith = Me.

How are you doing today?

Since when are we supposed to have only 1 char? Thats your choice of playing that way, certainly not mine.
What I am expecting from this game is to play through the entire game. And yes, that means get to level 100 and then farm and farm until I get best in slot items. I have best in slot right now for most of my stuff including a legacy soul taker, so to finish I just have to get 5 more levels. Then like every other MMORPG I will probably spend most my time sitting in town, trading, getting more currency, and running high maps.

I spent all this time on my character, why would I start over? If I didn't like my character I wouldnt have stood with it all this time, hence why would I make a different one?

If I end up making a new character it would be after I complete my first. Orbs of regret give you enough leeway that you can respec your character as much as you want without having to start over.

When I first made this character I didn't know shit about this game, it was so bad. But once I learned more I fixed it with orbs of regret. This is my avatar in the game. Once again, I am lokailith . Lokailith is me. How are you?

What I'm expecting is yes, possibly an increase in level cap. If not that maybe "over levels" where you just get a passive point for every
Level you gain without going over 100. New maps, maybe 79, 80, 81+ level maps. I don't do PVP so all I'm worried about is PVE.

New leagues don't do anything for me unless you can transfer your standard character to the new league. To me, leagues are just ways for people to cheat the economy. Buy good gear for cheap, go bak to standard and sell it for a lot. I'm not into that.

We need more content for standard, this is where the majority of players are. We spend so much time on characters and the new beta content (leagues) require a new character, which is not what we want.

I'm done venting. At least my opinion and preference is out there so GGG can see how to improve my gameplay experience.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
Last edited by levy42088 on Jul 25, 2014, 10:08:09 PM
"
levy42088 wrote:
What I am expecting from this game is to play through the entire game. And yes, that means get to level 100 and then farm and farm until I get best in slot items. I have best in slot right now for most of my stuff including a legacy soul taker, so to finish I just have to get 5 more levels. Then like every other MMORPG I will probably spend most my time sitting in town, trading, getting more currency, and running high maps.

I spent all this time on my character, why would I start over? If I didn't like my character I wouldnt have stood with it all this time, hence why would I make a different one?

If I end up making a new character it would be after I complete my first. Orbs of regret give you enough leeway that you can respec your character as much as you want without having to start over.

When I first made this character I didn't know shit about this game, it was so bad. But once I learned more I fixed it with orbs of regret. This is my avatar in the game. Once again, I am lokailith . Lokailith is me. How are you?

What I'm expecting is yes, possibly an increase in level cap. If not that maybe "over levels" where you just get a passive point for every
Level you gain without going over 100. New maps, maybe 79, 80, 81+ level maps. I don't do PVP so all I'm worried about is PVE.

New leagues don't do anything for me unless you can transfer your standard character to the new league. To me, leagues are just ways for people to cheat the economy. Buy good gear for cheap, go bak to standard and sell it for a lot. I'm not into that.

We need more content for standard, this is where the majority of players are. We spend so much time on characters and the new beta content (leagues) require a new character, which is not what we want.

I'm done venting. At least my opinion and preference is out there so GGG can see how to improve my gameplay experience.

Well put. I don't play that way... yet, but I find myself feeling more and more comfortable playing my summoner exclusively. It was my first character here, I had to remake her after the last wipe. I've made and deleted about 15 other characters, the only one besides my summoner I play right now is a CoC shadow. But for enjoyable playstyle, the summoner wins hands down.

With them both in the seventies I'll probably keep the two of them going, but yeah, making new characters all the time is becoming a drag. It's time to take one or two farther up the line.
"
levy42088 wrote:

Well, if you think this is an MMO no one can help you. Youre a lost cause. Why would you not make new chars? Trying different builds with all the different classes. I have a bow ranger and a bow marauder and even a bow shadow. Lots of others as well. 36 chars and counting.

And you can play through the entire game, who is holding you back here?

BTW, level 100 wasnt even something we are supposed to get to yet, thats why its hard to do it. They got 10 acts planned, you think they want us to hit 100 after only 3 are out? If you complain now about not being able to level up further in the expansion or act 4 once youre 100 and you refuse to make new chars youre gonna have a hard time with act 10.

You take this avatar thing a little bit too serious, relax, take a chill pill and make a few chars you dont have yet, making all kinds of fun builds.

Maybe you should try D3, you can grind those stupid paragon levels till you drop from your seat.
"
levy42088 wrote:

poe is just not that type of game. it's just not the game you want it to be. poe is about something else. so for your own sake you should think about it, get over it and play a different game (like an mmorpg or something, idk).

i don't mean to offend. you should of course play the game if you have fun playing. just consider what type of game it is (you know Diablo II..?)

gl & hf bro!
IGN PPPPanddddaPPPPanicccc

still waiting for that 'Chris Wilson-director's cut' version

oh wait, I finally got it. Thanks team!
"
levy42088 wrote:

Leagues are a core concept, if you don't want to take part in them that's your prerogative but for the love of God stop and think about it for a second.. Your league isn't the main game, so stop thinking it is.. Leagues are the forefront.
Peenk, You say that "My League" isn't the main game, but I can say the same thing about your league. I'm a Ex-World of Warcraft Vanilla / Burning Crusade Raiding Veteran. After WoW, I came upon this game with a huge talent tree, plenty of different skills, support gems to augment those skills, and a high level cap that will keep my interest for a little bit.

This game really is an MMO at heart. People say it can't be an MMO because a group can only have 6 people in it.. That theory doesn't hold water. World of Warcraft used to have 40 Man Raids, then it slowly cut it down to 25, as well as 10 man and guess what?? 5 MAN DUNGEONS (No Waii?!)

Find a Character you like, level up, get your best in slot items, complete your 20/20 gems, complete all content, and reach the level cap. Then take a little breather until new content comes out and do it again.

In WoW I played 1 character, for 3 years +. Thats who I was, raiding shadow priest, everyone knew me. Just like in Path of Exile, I am playing 1 character, I am a Soul Taker + Aegis Marauder. If someone sees me online, they know who I am, and what I play.

Leagues and Races are time sinks to keep you away from leveling your character to 100. GGG had to have wanted people to reach the max level or else they wouldn't have made a max level. They DID make it very difficult, which makes it oh so much more rewarding to finally accomplish.

We need new content for our existing characters, not new content for new characters. We are still playing the same game, but the way GGG is treating us is comparable to Call of Duty. Modern Warfare 1, you spend hundreds of hours leveling up your character, then they release Modern Warfare 2 and you have to start ALL over again. Path of Exile is still the same game, so the fact that we can't continue to use our characters who we formed a bond with to do new content is very puzzling.

I know that I am not the only one who thinks this way and plays the game for this reason.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
Add new bosses instead of redesigning old fights?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info