Screenshot of New Brutus Fight

The revamp of the Weaver fight was interesting, but I'm not sure I like the trend of every new fight following that model. The game has already moved heavily toward AoE/projectile spam in most aspects of its design. Now it looks like the standard methods of killing Brutus with fireball or burning arrow aren't going to work due to minion spam blocking line of sight. Before, Brutus had a nice hit-and-run survival horror thing going on, but it looks like that won't be the case anymore.
Last edited by Uvne on Jul 22, 2014, 5:38:40 PM
Still has his dsync hook i see, and some dsync skeletons too to help that out <3. ( just fucking with yah ;) looks interesting can't wait to see the improvements )
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"
Jamhax wrote:
skeletons for extra desync

Hoping and praying that for this revamped Brutus, they did something about his hook attack. Either removed it entirely, or changed it in a way that removes the absurd levels of desync the fight involves, compared to the rest of the game (made especially evident in turbo versions).

"
Coal48 wrote:
These new boss fights don't inspire joy to me, there has to be mechanics/balance changes in order to accommodate them, otherwise they will plain become way too hard

Don't you mean way too easy? Adding mobs to any fight makes the fight easier, since you can refresh flask charges.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jul 22, 2014, 5:39:58 PM
Chris must be fired up posting so early.

The fight looks cool, but I can do without that adds as well. Brutus is supposed to be hella scary in there alone, the Brute.
IGN Ken__Kaniff
KInda agree not like the adds here. I really looked forward to the Brutus Fight as gettimg my toon ready for that man to man battle. And adds often make fights easier for easier sources of leech.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
This fight did not need changes.

He will need to be a lot weaker to add other stuff...
Brutus was always extremely annoying for me with his fast movement and skills that constantly cause desync. Non other monster is this kind of unfun.

I fail to see how adding skeletons to the fight makes it an improvment.

I'm patiently waiting for mechanical 'improvements'.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
cool
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
From what Chris said about Skeletons falling from the Ceiling, I don't suspect there to be adds all the time.

More like the Oversouls fight, that there will be adds periodically.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
The new fights look cool but I really hope you're not focusing on re-doing low level content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info